A Huge Thank You from Amy

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ALAshbaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: COWER, BRIEF MORTALS!!!

A Huge Thank You from Amy

Unread post by ALAshbaugh »

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for making the Open House the MOST FUN I have had at any gaming event, EVER:

To Kevin and all the Palladium crew, for inviting me in the first place, and being awesome hosts. To the writers and my fellow artists, for being so insanely talented and nice and putting up with me, my silly merchandising, and my 'groupies' for the weekend - I look forward to working with all of you in the future! To Carmen and Mark Oberle, for being so patient with me in your games.

I especially want to thank all of the fans who came by to make a purchase, get a signature, or just chat with me. Many of you may not know this, but Palladium was the first company to publish me, and I was sincerely surprised that the response to my artwork was so overwhelmingly positive. The fact that you enjoy my work means the world to me; it validates everything that I do.

You are all such amazing people, and I am hoping to see each and every one of you next year!

Thank you so very much :)
"You can make believe that what you say is what I want to hear."
-The Birthday Massacre

http://www.alashbaugh.com
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: A Huge Thank You from Amy

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I'd like to be the first to apologize for all the awkward sweaty nerds that hit on you during the open house, unless of course Awkward Sweaty nerd are your thing, in which case, PM me...

:P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
ALAshbaugh

I'd like to be the first to apologize for all the awkward sweaty nerds that hit on you during the open house, unless of course Awkward Sweaty nerd are your thing, in which case, PM me...

Lol, thanks, but it wasn't as bad as one would think! Everybody was very polite (and for the most part, non-sweaty) around me.

Amy, it was a pleasure to meet you, and the other artists as well. It's a rare opportunity to get to meet the real person behind the art. Keep up the great work! -Ed Betzelberger

Thanks Ed :)

I loved that you had little things like buttons for people that wanted some art, but were low on cash. I got one for me and Bunny. It was nice chatting with you and I can't wait to see more of your work printed.

Thank you Shini! The buttons were kind of an experiment for me, this is the first time I have taken them anywhere. I'm glad they were such a hit! I can't wait to sit next to some more of your delicious baked goods next year ;)
-The Birthday Massacre

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

No, Amy, thank you for joining the family. If I had half your talent I'd be an artist too.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

I think that is true with everyone.....
Buck the System
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

It was nice to meet you as well. and the game we were in was fun...even if the "good guys" were only able to get a partial victory. :)

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Reguoc
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Reguoc »

Amy,

It was a pleasure to meet you! My daughter loves the "Along Came a Spider" button and took it with her to school Monday to share with her class. And of course I love the zombie and brains buttons myself! I hope you get your puppy soon!
Ryan McDaniel
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Lord_Dalgard wrote:Chello!

It was nice to meet you as well. and the game we were in was fun...even if the "good guys" were only able to get a partial victory. :)

Tony

Bill the Battle Axe will forever live in infamy. To think a muderous rampaging Rune Weapon could rack up damn near 1000 kills........AND still remain on the side of Good! I don't think Carmen has even put up those numbers.

It was fun gaming, chatting, and sorry for keeping you up so late.

-Lonnie
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Brian Manning
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

You and your buttons... :badbad: Something tells me if Allen and I brought buttons next year, we'd still struggle against your horde of groupies. :p

Seriously, though from what little I saw of your stuff in the new Nightbane book (on top of all the Dead Reign stuff, obviously), it's no surprise the fans loved your art as much as they did. You and Bradshaw (in the "Creepy Corner" with all your undead art over there) had some awesome, inspiring artwork that makes me want to start inking with really real tools (instead of the computer) again...which I'm sure Allen would appreciate a little.

Next year we need to do a crazy freelancer collaboration on a large piece of paper or something...Or maybe we'll all just go grab some food, because a huge collaboration like that takes work and I'm lazy.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'll never forget the outing to Bennigans with you, Nick, Jeff, Jeff's MP3Player, Wayne and I.
From our mutual love of the same beer to the tale of "The Intake Snake"... its was all good times! :D
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

P.S. : my kiddo loves the "Bathtime" art (I call it "Bathtime for Cthulhu") and asked to put it up in the bathroom. :lol:
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Scott Samson wrote:Jeff (THE creepy guy) Hansen

Fixed that for you there Jeff. Perhaps you're new name should be "Groupie #2"........ :lol:

-Lonnie
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Scott Samson wrote: I would keep the selection to only a few songs, like Waiting for a Girl like you by Foreigner, and possibly Dreamweaver.....by I dunno, the guy who sang dreamweaver.

LOL. This post makes life worth living.

Scott Samson wrote: Notice: Anyone else besides Wayne, Steven Dawes, Amy or Nick Bradshaw who reads this, ESPECIALLY AMY'S GIANT BOYFRIEND) this message to Amy Ashbaugh was for comedic puposes only...... I am not a creep. :)

1. Amy has a giant boyfriend? Awesome. I love seeing little tiny girls with giant dudes. Its just funny to me. Good job, Amy.

2. Jeff is not a creep...unless you count dreamweaver.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buck the System
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Bradshaw isn't an artist, he's a hired bodyguard. That's why he's always seated next to Amy at cons. That, and to cut Bradshaw's sale of amazing art so that he doesn't become the next big thing, leaving Palladium behind to pursue art to be sold for millions. It's a nice symbiotic relationship.

And Aten, you are wrong, Jeff is creepy. Just got to catch him being creepy. He knows when others are watching and quickly shifts into a 'nice' mode until you leave his sight.

-Lonnie
mrloucifer

Its true... why, he asked me one evening while staring at Amy, and I quote "Dude... do you think she's going to walk to her car alone later tonight? Just in case, I'm gonna sit in that corner over there and watch her all night."

Sums it up.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

hey don't mess with Jeff, he will write you into his book as causulty number 3 with a pipe thru your head......
Buck the System
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Scott Samson wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:Bradshaw isn't an artist, he's a hired bodyguard. That's why he's always seated next to Amy at cons. That, and to cut Bradshaw's sale of amazing art so that he doesn't become the next big thing, leaving Palladium behind to pursue art to be sold for millions. It's a nice symbiotic relationship.

And Aten, you are wrong, Jeff is creepy. Just got to catch him being creepy. He knows when others are watching and quickly shifts into a 'nice' mode until you leave his sight.

-Lonnie

Yes Lonnie, you are correct. I know when people are watching. I'm actually watching YOU right now.
Creepy, isn't it?

Seriously, Ive been told that when my eyes (they are blue by the way) are exposed to sunlight that they become a radiant blue/white (kinda like David Banner as he's turning into the Hulk)

I guess it is a curse, that I have such creepy soul-gazing eyes.

What do you think of that Lonnie?

Just because I have long hair does NOT give you the permission to give me "bedroom eyes". Now, back into your corner!

Besides, don't you have a Hoffa thing to work on? Slacker!

-Lonnie

Scott Samson wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:Its true... why, he asked me one evening while staring at Amy, and I quote "Dude... do you think she's going to walk to her car alone later tonight? Just in case, I'm gonna sit in that corner over there and watch her all night."

Sums it up.

Now come on, I never said that.

But you thought it! GOTCHA! :lol: :D :mrgreen:
Last edited by ApocalypseZero on Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrloucifer

Scott Samson wrote:
Now come on, I never said that.

Notice: Anyone else besides Wayne, Steven Dawes, Amy or Nick Bradshaw who reads this, ESPECIALLY AMY'S GIANT BOYFRIEND) this message about Scott was for comedic puposes only...... he is not a creep. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Scott Samson wrote:Here is a photo of Amy at the Open House, flanked by a nervouse groupie and to her right is Nick Bradshaw...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Claude.jpg

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

Hey Amy! You were the funniest little fire bug I have ever had in one of my games, and what a kill count! :lol:
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Folks, if this gets out of hand, I will issue everyone involved in the thread and any like it, regardless of their status, warnings.

Keep in mind the forum rules.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
ALAshbaugh

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Folks, if this gets out of hand, I will issue everyone involved in the thread and any like it, regardless of their status, warnings.

Keep in mind the forum rules.

Sorry about this! Jeff is not actually a creep/stalker, its an inside joke that went on all weekend at the Open House that me, Jeff, and several others were a part of. My apologies for carrying it over into the forums with no explanation!
-The Birthday Massacre

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

ALAshbaugh wrote:Many of you may not know this, but Palladium was the first company to publish me, and I was sincerely surprised that the response to my artwork was so overwhelmingly positive. The fact that you enjoy my work means the world to me; it validates everything that I do.

What I think it is, is that you're very good at making realistic drawings of unrealistic scenarios.
Too many artists get too cartoony with things, or too experimental, or simply too surreal.
But from what I saw, even the surreal work you've done is portrayed realistically- the woman with the birds bursting out of her abdomen, for example, looks like just that.
With a lot of other artists, it would only look like a drawing of it.
If that makes any sense at all.

It's as if you were sitting there looking at it, drawing it while it happened*, while with most other artists it would just look like something they thought up.

*although I assume this isn't actually the case. ;)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Its alright Amy, Jeff and the others.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Brian Manning
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

dyukensword wrote:I can relate to the first publish deal. They were the first company to publish me too
way back in 95. LOL.

Great stuff and great to meet you.

Mark Dudley

Yeah Palladium has a way of giving new talent a shot, and really mentoring us. Most companies just send the assignment/contract, ask for changes, accept or reject the piece and that's about it. Kevin lets you know what he likes and where he would like you to take your skills. I've learned a TON just doing pieces for Palladium and seeing how the other artists here work. Palladium was the first company to publish me (and Allen two or three Rifters later) as well...Although I did win a bookmark design art contest back in '86...and I had some artwork from an envelope printed in the letters page of an Image comic in '92 (oh, those don't count? Nevermind, back to what you were doing).
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Jaguar Wong wrote:....Although I did win a bookmark design art contest back in '86...and I had some artwork from an envelope printed in the letters page of an Image comic in '92 (oh, those don't count? Nevermind, back to what you were doing).

Sure they count. I won a bookmark design contest back in school too. I also won a hot-air balloon design contest in the third grade, although it was with the drawing I did for another kid...

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
mumah
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Palladium was also the first company to publish me, and for that, I will always be loyal.

I know the other freelancers picked on you a bit for your merchandising, but it was mostly out of jealousy and a whole lot of, "Why didn't I think of that?!!" Just watch, next year, everyone will have buttons.

It was a great honor to meet you, and you've really raised the bar for the rest of us freelancers.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
ALAshbaugh

Thanks again guys, for all your kind words!
-The Birthday Massacre

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Scott Samson wrote:well, I'm bringing my guitar to the next open house to sing some tunes. :)

God help me, if I hear the words "What is love..." that sidearm won't be enough to save you. :x

Anyway, Amy, I can't express how awesome it was getting to hang out and game with you for the OH. You've got a great personality, are into cool **** most chicks would turn their nose up at, and are a kick-*** artist to boot. Just keep bugging Kev to do Nightbane art and you'll always have a spot reserved at my gaming table. Oh, and let me know once you have a finalized logo for the Jack 20! :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
mumah
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Warwolf wrote:
God help me, if I hear the words "What is love..." that sidearm won't be enough to save you. :x

Great. Now that song is stuck in my head. "Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Well, we could do he could do it Palladium Fantasy Style: What doth love be?

http://yeolderoxbury.ytmnd.com/

:D
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
ALAshbaugh

ccmaster wrote:
Hi ,

I have to thank you my wife loved the art i catch up and so I am still alive :P

Andreas

PS : I told you you could not play a GOOD Runeweapon and the bodycount is on my side :P

Ziggy wrote:Hey Amy,

you are a part of it. Thank you for being there and making the open house an unforgettable event.

Greetings,
Daniel

Thanks, guys!

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in a game session as I did during the Rune Weapon game. You two came up with some truly creative and hilarious ways to kill people!

But I dare you to come next year and TRY to top my kill count!!!!
-The Birthday Massacre

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Just a curious question for Amy:

Do you do the whole ALAshbaugh thing because you fear that your artwork will be rejected otherwise??

You know, kinda for the same reasons such as classic Sci-Fi Writers like DC Fontana and CJ Cherryh??

(It would suck if that's why you did that, because you felt, or learned the hard way, that you had to.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
ALAshbaugh

cornholioprime wrote:Just a curious question for Amy:

Do you do the whole ALAshbaugh thing because you fear that your artwork will be rejected otherwise??

You know, kinda for the same reasons such as classic Sci-Fi Writers like DC Fontana and CJ Cherryh??

(It would suck if that's why you did that, because you felt, or learned the hard way, that you had to.)

Unfortunately, that is the number one reason I do it - to disguise the fact that I am female. As much as art directors and other officials will deny it, sexism is a rampant problem in the illustration industry, particularly in the fantasy/sci-fi market. The core of the problem is that there is a commonly held misconception that female illustrators are only good for the "pretty stuff": fairies, angels, mermaids and other high-fantasy cliches. There is actually a large number of quite popular female artists whose bodies of work could reasonably back up this claim. (Not that I haven't done my share of those things, I'm not bashing those artists.) I am much more at home with the horror and darker styles of art. Obviously, this would impede someone like me from getting the jobs I want. By using just my initials, I create an ambiguity about my identity that ideally would eliminate that initial stereotyping reaction from art directors. As long as they look at my portfolio first, they can find out later that I'm a girl :)

But, the good part of this story is that I haven't actually had it happen to me (hopefully it never will). I have heard horror stories from other artists, though. Also, I have a history of working in sexist industries - I have worked in auto parts stores for the past 8 years of my life. I have always been a bit of a tomboy, but I learned the hard way that by subverting my femininity, customers take me more seriously. Stupid, but tragically very, very true. It made sense to me then to carry that over into my artistic career.

The secondary reason, and this is really a derivative of the first, is that my first name, "Amy", has a cutesy, girly sound to it. Which wouldn't really make sense to associate with the style of work I do, nor does it say "competent professional". This is only my opinion, and probably just my own self confidence issues talking, though.

So, yes, it does suck that I feel its necessary, but I always need work, and I will do what it takes to get it.

I hope this answers your question :)
-The Birthday Massacre

mrloucifer

Tomboys rule, especially this one! :ok:
–H.P. Lovecraft

Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

ALAshbaugh wrote:
But, the good part of this story is that I haven't actually had it happen to me (hopefully it never will). I have heard horror stories from other artists, though. Also, I have a history of working in sexist industries - I have worked in auto parts stores for the past 8 years of my life. I have always been a bit of a tomboy, but I learned the hard way that by subverting my femininity, customers take me more seriously. Stupid, but tragically very, very true. It made sense to me then to carry that over into my artistic career.

The secondary reason, and this is really a derivative of the first, is that my first name, "Amy", has a cutesy, girly sound to it. Which wouldn't really make sense to associate with the style of work I do, nor does it say "competent professional". This is only my opinion, and probably just my own self confidence issues talking, though.

So, yes, it does suck that I feel its necessary, but I always need work, and I will do what it takes to get it.

So now that you've established yourself with Palladium would you use your full name on a piece of art or will you still continue to use the ALAshbaugh? At least on you future Palladium pieces?

Carl
ImageImage
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

ALAshbaugh wrote:Unfortunately, that is the number one reason I do it - to disguise the fact that I am female. As much as art directors and other officials will deny it, sexism is a rampant problem in the illustration industry, particularly in the fantasy/sci-fi market. The core of the problem is that there is a commonly held misconception that female illustrators are only good for the "pretty stuff": fairies, angels, mermaids and other high-fantasy cliches.
You Females, as a species, have no one to blame for this except yourselves (I've seen far far far too many of your Unicorns and Unicorn-horned Whales and Pena-style Dragons and Naked Fairies taking a bath inside a flower petal to count easily).
There is actually a large number of quite popular female artists whose bodies of work could reasonably back up this claim. (Not that I haven't done my share of those things, I'm not bashing those artists.)
I was just about say -if you'd NEVER drawn those types of things I would have suggested that you get your head checked. ;)

I am much more at home with the horror and darker styles of art.

"Amy's Artwork is....disturbing."
-Stephen King

"That Amy...she's disgusting!!"
-Stan Winston

"There oughtta be a Law against making up horrifying images like that."
-H.R. Giger

"She gives me nightmares."
-H.P. Lovecraft

"Make the scary lady go away, Mommy."
-Clive Barker (curled up in a corner in the fetal position)

"That woman just ain't right in the head."
-Ed Gein

But, the good part of this story is that I haven't actually had it happen to me (hopefully it never will). I have heard horror stories from other artists, though.
Yes...let us hope.
Also, I have a history of working in sexist industries - I have worked in auto parts stores for the past 8 years of my life.
You should have figured out what was going to happen when you went into the Interview and your potential Employer was dressed more casually than you were......and he was scratching himself in inappropriate places and burping all throughout the interview. :lol:

I have always been a bit of a tomboy, but I learned the hard way that by subverting my femininity, customers take me more seriously. Stupid, but tragically very, very true. It made sense to me then to carry that over into my artistic career.

The secondary reason, and this is really a derivative of the first, is that my first name, "Amy", has a cutesy, girly sound to it.
Quite true.

Nobody named "Amy" should be making things anywhere near what you create -hell, nobody named Kali-ma should be drawing what you do (J/K)
Which wouldn't really make sense to associate with the style of work I do, nor does it say "competent professional". This is only my opinion, and probably just my own self confidence issues talking, though.
No, it's not just you.

I just got through seeing "Star Trek" a day or two ago, and if I were a Redshirt on that ship and I suddenly heard over the conn, "My name is Amy, and I am assuming command of the Enterprise," I'd probably have to jettison an escape pod into a nearby star.

Now on the other hand, "Captain Ashbaugh" has QUITE the ring to it.

Why yes, yes it does.

Thank you.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:I just got through seeing "Star Trek" a day or two ago, and if I were a Redshirt on that ship and I suddenly heard over the conn, "My name is Amy, and I am assuming command of the Enterprise," I'd probably have to jettison an escape pod into a nearby star.

Now on the other hand, "Captain Ashbaugh" has QUITE the ring to it.

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
ALAshbaugh

Carl Gleba wrote:
So now that you've established yourself with Palladium would you use your full name on a piece of art or will you still continue to use the ALAshbaugh? At least on your future Palladium pieces?

Carl

I'll still be signing my pieces "A. L. Ashbaugh" in that little box thingy I do at the bottom of my pieces, simply because its become canon for me over the past several years. But I have no problem with being listed in the book credits under my full name.

And 'Captain Ashbaugh' does have a nice ring to it. I may just be changing my screen name :)
-The Birthday Massacre

Return to “Palladium Open House”