Some Projects I've Been Working On...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Some Projects I've Been Working On...

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Nice updates. It looks bigger than the previous one. Are those organized squares on each of the turrets a missile launcher? Or are they observation ports for the gunners to view their targets? I like the roll on/ roll off capability your ship has. Although are the door at the bow and the stern the same size?
Last edited by Aramanthus on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Aramanthus wrote:Nice updates.

Thanks muchly, as always... :ok:

Aramanthus wrote:It looks bigger than the previous one.

Yes and no. I flipped the width and height on the previous one to better keep the look of the original illustration, so it was roughly 70' wide and 50' tall (turrets stuck out farther then too). This version has the width/height flipped back to where they should be... so the dimensions are now 240' long x 52'9" wide x 70' tall. Just adding back the 20' difference in height didn't do a whole lot to change the look of the design by itself, but combined with taking away that 20' in width... Wow. :shock: This version reminds me somewhat of the Incom Y-4 "Raptor" transport from the Star Wars universe -- they're both really tall and narrow ships.

Aramanthus wrote:Are those organized squares on each of the turrets a missile launcher? Or are they observation ports for the gunners to view their targets?

Those are indeed the missile launcher parts of the turrets. I probably could have made 'em round holes, but I couldn't bring myself to lose the WWII look.

Aramanthus wrote:I like the roll on/roll off capability your ship has. Although are the door at the bow and the stren the same size?

They're two diferent sizes. The bow door is more humanoid-sized (roughly 13' square at the outher edges of the caution stripes, according to the model). Neither the stats nor the illustration indicate a door there, but it just made sense IMO to include one so you wouldn't have to walk all the way around to the back. The aft hatch is the main one for loading/off-loading stuff and is roughly 30' tall x 24' wide. I probably should have used a different image for that rear hatch now that I think about it.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Aramanthus
Monk

Still I can see that sort of craft in use all over the Three Galaxies! Please keep them coming!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Uncle Servo
Champion

Update -- one of the new players in my Phase World campaign was given a Proctor by the Dimension Master and she was looking for something she could use. I like MADMANMIKE's interpretation that he's posted on his site, but ever since I first read through the PW book I've been wanting to tackle my own take on the ship. This gave me the perfect opportunity.

Since I've uploaded these, I've gone back and made a couple of revisions here and there before starting on my line art illustrations.

Some might point out that the location of the missile launchers on the render is different from where the writeup puts them; that's actually a conscious decision as it helps transition the ship's lines on the underside going aft from the cockpit to the lower level/cargo bay. Plus, I already tried moving them to the topside and couldn't find a way to make it work to my liking. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nice, watching these develop...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Uncle Servo
Champion

taalismn wrote:Nice, watching these develop...

Thanks. Well, if any of these get into a sourcebook (or Rifter) at some point in the future we can always call these its "baby pictures." :lol:
Aramanthus
Monk

I like the difference from the book. So it's a variant. There is nothing to say it couldn't exist in the game.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”