Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel Storefront

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Nice revision! I know not only the Federated States is going to want some of these. But I'm sure our contacts with the New Navy would exnd sales to them.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

T-110 Missile Cannon used in Project GUN-VAL, that equipped F-86F WITH 206 RK GUNS
http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/korea/chap7.htm Neat stuff on this page besides the guns

Main page of Histories by ASC History Office, the above page is part of it, has several online histories, http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/asc_hist.htm

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher1/p86_25.html
May not be must help.

Having a mix of aircraft and weapons sounds good to me.

Do not remember what all were on the "Main page of Histories". But check out it, I remember the korea had some prototypes on it for refueling.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

abtex wrote:
T-110 Missile Cannon used in Project GUN-VAL, that equipped F-86F WITH 206 RK GUNS
http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/korea/chap7.htm Neat stuff on this page besides the guns

Main page of Histories by ASC History Office, the above page is part of it, has several online histories, http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/asc_hist.htm

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher1/p86_25.html
May not be must help.

Having a mix of aircraft and weapons sounds good to me.

Do not remember what all were on the "Main page of Histories". But check out it, I remember the korea had some prototypes on it for refueling.

Those big open-nose flow-thru jet aircraft always suggest to me TE Fire Elemental or Air Elemental engines...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Aramanthus wrote:Nice revision! I know not only the Federated States is going to want some of these. But I'm sure our contacts with the New Navy would exnd sales to them.

the undersea communities in my deep frontier article would love these. especially the Aurorans*. these seem like a good cheap infantry suit to help them in their fight against the naut'yll.

*the aurora islands undersea community. a large militant neo-british mining community near the falklands. they are basically the main reason the squidheads haven't spread into the south pacific.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

We'll drop a few weighted canisters with sales brochures to them.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice to hear about your article GB2098! I can't wait to get it in my hands! Any hope of getting more data this weekend from PS? I hope we do!
Last edited by Aramanthus on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

sadly, my article is still in rifter limbo, with no news at all about it.

i keep hoping though. it's a great concept.

i've also been thinking about leveraging the Aurorans into their own individual article, since of the three big undersea communities i created for the article, the aurorans are the most interesting. the baltians only really had a piratical history and their herd-subs, while the aquarians only had wide spread and their unique aquatic situation.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

glitterboy2098 wrote:sadly, my article is still in rifter limbo, with no news at all about it.

i keep hoping though. it's a great concept.

Hope it makes it into print.
Could also try Rifter 0.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i'd already sent it to the normal rifter, so no rifter zero option for Deep frontier. pity.

i just have to hope that when WB: Lemuria comes out Wayne will choose to go with an aquatic themed rifter....which should put me in the running....

i've been considering either 1) exanding the aurorans into a full article itself, or 2) providing expanded Auroran material as part of a planned "third falklands war" bit about how the aurorans, the new navy, and the naut'yll duked it out for a few months during the SoT. including new NN gear (updates to some of the stuff i posted on the boards, plus a few new things), new naut'yll stuff (new fighters and a new ship), and of course, stats for the auroran's pre-rifts A-class attack subs, V-class refitted Boomer cargoships, and their homegrown interceptor subs and other military hardware...

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel LVEBA-09 Kinetic Armor
(aka ‘Paddy-suit’, ‘Copsllick’)

“Ouch, you little bastard, that ALMOST hurt...so you’re one of those superpowered martial artists, eh? Good thing I’m wearing protection, because I’m going to futz you over now...Word of advice: NEVER bring a gi to a shockprod fight!”*SIZZLE*

LVEBA-09 is a lightweight suit of flexible, padded, megadamage fabric with ceramic/plastic inserts and gel-pads. Using materials technology reverse-engineered from the study of Altaran body armor, the LVEBA-09 consists of an up-armored bodyglove skinsuit, with armored boots, leggings, long jacket(reaches down to mid-thigh, with fore-and aft protective panels), and a light helmet similar in appearance to the standard PS VEBA-02A. The suit is environmental, sealed against toxic gases, and can even serve as a spacesuit for short periods of time. The armor has a slick, rubbery/leathery appearance, and comes in a variety of different colors, though the most common are dark blue, black, and dark green, with various metallic accents, reflective strips, and flexible florescent light-panels, identifying the wearer as a police officer or emergency worker.
Thought by some to be a copy of Northern Gun’s NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Armor, the LVEBA-09 has similar kinetic damage reduction properties, but uses a wholly different system, and has a few extra protective qualities as well. Designed with urban security in mind, the fabric weave has been treated against chemical damage(such as weapons and industrial spills), and fire.
LVEBA-09 is initially being issued to police and company security forces in GNE cities, replacing the Urban Warrior UWC currently being used, and is expected to become available to rural security units as well. It is also being used by some SpecFor and GNE-affiliated Irregular units as well. The suit is also proving popular with EMTs and First Responders(volunteer firemen and other crisis response personnel) as well.
Weight: 13 lbs
M.D.C. by Location:
Head/Helmet 35
Arms 22 each
Legs/Boots 35 each
Main Body/Overjacket 40
Skinsuit 30
Mobility: Excellent: No prowl or movement penalties
Special Features:
Standard EBA features, plus:

*Kinetic Protection---Reduces damage from punches, kicks, falls, impact damage, and concussive explosions by 1/2. Reduce damage from crashes by HALF.
*Chemical Protection----Reduces damage from acids and corrosives by 1/4
*Thermal Protection---Reduces damage from fire and heat by 1/4
*Helmet Features---Twin visor design(an inner clear faceplate with a heavier one-way transparency outer visor---this allows the police officer to maximize protection and appear ‘faceless’ for intimidation value, or flip up the outer visor to show his face without losing environmental integrity). Comes with low-light optics and a helmet-mount micro-camcorder(2x6 hour disc storage). Also compatible with ‘clip-on’ visor attachments, for advanced optics, such as full nightvision, thermal imaging, PPE Aura readers, and binoculars.

*’Grasshopper Boots’----Quickly becoming a standard in PS armors, this arch-support/augmentation footware uses an internal spring of memory-plastic, and calf-support, to absorb foot impacts and release the stored energy back, reducing fatigue by 10%, and allowing the wearer to leap down from one story without twisting an ankle or breaking a leg. They won’t allow a person to leap small buildings in a single bound, but these boots will make the wearer a little less tired on those long foot patrols.

Cost: 32,000 credits(price is expected to drop as much as 20% over the next year as production ramps up to keep up with demand)

Options:
*Extra Padding---Extra oversized crash-gel padding can be added at the shoulders, elbows, and knees, reducing speed by 10%, but adding 4 MDC to arms and legs, a +2 to Roll with impact, fall, or kinetic strike, and a +1 to Parry. Cost: 1,000 credits
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

glitterboy2098 wrote:I'd already sent it to the normal rifter, so no rifter zero option for Deep frontier. pity.

Are you sure? Splicer material that had been sent for rifter, was printed in Rifter Zero.
Check and see. Maybe just a smaller article part of main one(s).

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

abtex wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:I'd already sent it to the normal rifter, so no rifter zero option for Deep frontier. pity.

Are you sure? Splicer material that had been sent for rifter, was printed in Rifter Zero.
Check and see. Maybe just a smaller article part of main one(s).

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=93141

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

I see..caught between a rock and a hard place...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Did not know that.

taalismn
Priest

Submitting means an inside track on future chances of publication if accepted(plus the pay and prestige of actually being published), but it's also like sending your kids off to limbo...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new equipment! We here at the Federated States could use this new development. Please keep it coming!

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:I was also rather surprised when my father found a sketch of a draconic alien I did maybe 20-30 years back and rendered it in wood and wire as a 3-d sculpture(ex-industrial arts teacher he is, and right now he's on a dragon kick)...When he gets it done I'll have to post photos of it...and stat up the orginal art...

Do you have a pictures of his work yet?
Is a Fan Race of the alien, really as well?

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:I was also rather surprised when my father found a sketch of a draconic alien I did maybe 20-30 years back and rendered it in wood and wire as a 3-d sculpture(ex-industrial arts teacher he is, and right now he's on a dragon kick)...When he gets it done I'll have to post photos of it...and stat up the orginal art...

Do you have a pictures of his work yet?
Is a Fan Race of the alien, really as well?

Don't have a digital camera, but I'll find a way...
I'm stating it up, but as part of a larger Universe booklet-bloc, so it may be a while...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm interested in seeing this new block of material you are talking about. Can't wait to see it!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I'm interested in seeing this new block of material you are talking about. Can't wait to see it!

It will be along wait, I'm afraid...I'm trying to come up with as much new material as I can to give 'em the proper treatment...some 21 different races....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel ‘Taon’ Combat Pod
“Somebody wanted to call it the ‘Soar-On’ for some reason...the ‘pod doesn’t exactly SOAR, it freakin’ THROWS itself through the air....but calling it the ‘Spitball’ wasn’t any better....We were looking at a major embarassment for Marketing, not being able to come up with a decent trade name, beyond ‘LCA-HP-09 Combat Pod’
So we’re might happy that the Quebecois did us a favor by calling it the ‘Taon’.
Thanks, guys, you saved our bacon in Marketing. I can’t promise you that the border-patrols will go any easier on your raiders, but you have our heartfelt gratitude anyways...
----Donyai Asmith, Senior Wordsmith, Paladin Steel Marketing.

“Mackleroy’s bug-arse INSANE, even for a Crazy! H e was bad when he was in hovercycles, but once he got his hands on a Taon.....He’s gotten so god with that thing that he can roll it across a warship’s deck, after sneaking in below its radar, and crippling its gun turrets with pinpoint fire.....And the time we went after that mage in the Federation of Magic....He freakin’ zipped into the camp, came to a stop right in front of the door to the guy’s personal quarters, and waited for him to open the door to see what all the hollering was about, then incinerated him right then and there before the guy could get off a spell! Of course, we’ve had to rebuild the thing three times already, once after one of his practice sessions got a little out of hand, but I think that only encourages Mackleroy!”
---Dorvis Kruln, Mercenary Mechanic, Zoner’s Enders

Among the many vehicles that escaping slaves used to make their way to sanctuary in the aftermath of the Great Smackdown, were hundreds of Kittani Hoverpods and Warpods, many of which were soon sold off or captured by the Atlantic nations of Rifts Earth. Greater New England got more than a few of these vehicles, and Paladin Steel quickly set about studying and reverse-engineering the vehicles in their possession. By 111 P.A. (in their own universe), PS was producing knock-off copies of the Hoverpod for civilian use, and in 112 P.A. introduced a variant of the Warpod. The Taon was introduced at about the same time as a small, fast, economical, light combatant vehicle midway in performance between the combat-upgraded Hoverpod and the Warpod.
Sometimes called the ‘PS TIE’ after an obscure pre-Rifts fantasy film, the Combat Pod resembles a reinforced, more rounded version of the Hoverpod, with an armor-glass canopy, slight teardrop shape, four folding control vanes, and multiple maneuvering thrusters emplaced about the hull.
The main armament consists of four energy cannons mounted equidistant around the front of the ‘pod. This light energy armament can be supplemented by two small modular missile launchers mounted behind the cockpit, though mounting heavier weaponry in this manner tends to interfere with the design’s aerodynamic performance. Though light, the armaments configuration gives the Taon a nasty sting for those opponents who underestimate the small fighter.
The Taon Combat Pod is extremely agile, able to roll, flit, and scream through the air, despite it having the aerodynamics of a bumblebee. In the hands of an experienced pilot(or just plain insane one) this translates into serious dodge capabilities, offsetting the design’s scant armor protection. M.O.M.-augment pilots in particular have taken a shine to the Taon for its seat-of-the-pants high performance.
PS markets the Combat Pod to smaller nations looking for point defense, and to mercenary-adventurers looking for light air support, including merchantmen looking for some easily ship-borne air protection. The GNE Armed Services have a few that they deploy mainly with the Civil Air Patrol as a point defense and rear-echelon air police unit, and with the Irregulars. Paladin Steel itself uses the Taon as a security craft and to protect both land and sea convoys.
The HP-09 earned its name of “Taon”(“horsefly” in French) after the vehicle debuted in combat with Free Quebec raiders along the contested Saint Lawrence Zone.
Type: PS-LCA-HP-09 Taon
Class: Light Combat Aerodyne
Crew: One; a passenger can be carried, but must sit in the pilot’s lap(or hugged around them), but conditions will be cramped, and damage control airbags HALF as effective in reducing damage.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 120
Control Vanes(6) 15 each
Height: 8 ft
Width: 8 ft
Length: 9 ft
Weight: 1.2 tons
Cargo: Small space in cabin for a survival pack, sidearm, and a few small personal possessions
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 5 year energy life
Speed: (Flying) Hover to 450 MPH, maximum altitude of 8,000 ft
Low altitude dash speed is Mach 1.8. Maximum altitude of 800 ft
Bonuses: +3 to automatic dodge below cruising speed, automatic dodge above cruising speed(no bonuses), +7 to dodge above cruising speed, +4 to Roll
Market Cost: 900,00 credits
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:
*Crash Control Airbag System---Combination of airbags, flame-retardant crash-gel, and a collision-release fire extinguishing system. Reduces crash damage to the pilot by 75%
Weapons Systems:
1) Energy Weapons(4)---Four weapons are mounted equidistant around the forward end of the Taon. Typically, all four weapons are of the same type to simplify the fire control and sighting. Projectile types are NOT mounted to save weight and reduce recoil problems.
a) Pulse Lasers---Fairly standard pulse laser weapon types.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 6d6 MD pulse burst, per single gun. All four cannons going simultaneously thus do 24d6(or 2d6x12) MD.
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload:Effectively Unlimited, linked to nuclear power source
Cost: 22,000 credits per cannon

b) Ion Blasters
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD triple shot burst, 4d4x10 MD for all four blasters firing simultaneously
Payload:Effectively Unlimited, linked to nuclear power source
Cost: 22,000 credits per cannon

c) Particle Beam Cannon---PS adapted the rifle mode of its ‘Kurang’ PBR for the Combat Pod
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+20 MD per single shot, 5d6x10 for all four firing simultaneously.
Rate of Fire:EPCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited, linked to nuclear power source
Cost: 35,000 credits per cannon

2) Light Hardpoints(2)---Additional weapons and equipment can be mounted on two lateral hardpoints. ONE of the following configurations can be mounted per hardpoint; different weapons types can be carried, but typically the same sort of ordnance is carried on both pylons.
a) Micro-Missile Launchers---PS’s 15mm ‘death pens’.
Range:
Pattern-1A 5,700 ft
Pattern-1B 6,000 ft
Pattern-1C 6,000 ft
Pattern-1D 7,000 ft
Pattern-1E 7,500 ft
Damage/Bonuses:
Pattern-1A---1d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
Pattern-1B---1d6 MD to 5 ft blast radius
Pattern-1C---4d6 MD to 4 ft blast radius, or 1d4 MD to a 10 ft blast radius in fragmentation mode
Pattern-1D----6d6 MD to a 5 ft blast radius, or 2d6 MDC out to a 18 ft blast radius in fragmentation mode
Pattern-1E---1d4x10 MD to 3 ft blast radius
Bonuses:
Pattern-1A (None) Spin-Stabilized
Pattern-1B (None) Gyro-Compass Chip
Pattern-1C (+1 to strike, in addition to W.P. Heavy bonuses. The Pattern-1C can also be set to be a ‘beam rider’, following a laser illuminator ‘painted’ on the target for an extra +2 to strike. However, this requires expediture of an extra attack per melee on the part of the gunner to keep the laser illuminator on target) Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip.
Pattern-1D (+2 to strike, in addition to W.P. Heavy bonuses. Like the Pattern-1C, the Pattern-1D can ‘beam-ride’...again, this requires the gunner to maintain target-lock at the cost of an additional APM, but the -1D is better able to remain on target if the lock is broken. Furthermore, the missile can be keyed to lock on to the laser illuminator of other gunners...done with a pre-determined key-chip...allowing squadmates to ‘paint’ targets for fellow soldiers with micro-missile launchers). Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip, Image Sensing Chip.
Pattern-1E(+4 to strike, in addition to W.P. Heavy bonuses, Same ‘beamrider’ capability as with Pattern-1D. ) Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip, Image Sensing Chip, Infra-Red Sensing Chip.
Cost:
Pattern-1A 25 credits per McM
Pattern-1B 32 credits per McM
Pattern-1C 60 credits per McM
Pattern-1D 95 credits per McM
Pattern-1E 220 credits per McM

Payload: 25 shot box, or 2 25-shot boxes per hardpoint(but reduce overall speed by 5%)

b) Mini-Missile Launchers---3 per hardpint
c) Short Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint
d) Black Talon L-SAMs---2 per hardpint
e) Light Grenade Launcher
Range: 1,500 ft
Damage: (Light Fragmentation) 2d6 MD to blast radius of 6 ft
(High Explosive) 4d6 MD to 12 ft blast radius
(Plasma) 6d6 MD to 6 ft blast radius
(Flare) Burns for 1d6 minutes, illuminating an 80 ft radius area
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 50 grenades
Cost: 20,000 credits

f) Flare/Chaff Launcher
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 12 per launcher
Cost: 3,000 credits per launcher; additional flare/chaff bundles cost 200 credits each

g) Razor-Launcher----Adaptation of the Russian AR-110 Razor Disc Cannon
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD single blade, 1d6x10 MD burst of 10 discs
Payload: 500 discs per cannon(50 bursts)
Cost: 80,000 credits per launcher

h) Type III Multi-Plexor Mini-Mage Pod---Light vehicle version of PS’s ‘Magepod’ TW projection system.
Weight: 8 lbs
Range: Varies by spell
Damage/Duration: Varies by spell
The Type III has a ‘magazine’ of four different spell-cards
PPE Cost per Use: Varies by spell. Spells cost as normal
Payload: Draws from the main PPE Battery, . In an emergency, the user, if they are a mage or psychic, can kick in their own PPE.
Bonuses: As per spell(if any)
Cost: 55,000 credits for the projector
PPE Battery Packs(about the size of a car battery) 10,000 Credits for 100 PPE capacity, 22,000 credits for 200 PPE capacity

Spell Cards cost (as per Jason Richards’ guidelines in Rifter #2) 5,000 credits per PPE cost of main spell plus an additional cost (as per following modifiers)
*500 credits per level of the creating caster(Mages’ time and PPE are money, so expect to pay more for the longer duration/higher power spells)
*Warlock spells cost 20% more, in addition to above modifiers, owing to the difficulties of adapting Elemental Magic to ‘conventional” magic systems.

Options:
*Booster Jets----Short-sprint rocket boosters that can send the Taon up to a maximum speed of Mach 2 for 2d4 minutes at a time. Need to cool down for 15 minutes before engaging again. Cost: 180,000 credits

*ECCM system---First introduced on the PSA-11 power armors. A semi-automatic system that uses electronic encryption and frequency jumping to (attempt to) negate jamming systems. The system has a 25% chance of negating radar or communications jamming (non-magical) on its own, or a +5% if the pilot has a Read Sensory Instruments or Radio: Scramblers skill and devotes a full melee to operating the system(no other attacks/actions are possible).
Having an Electronic warfare Skill gains a +15% bonus to operating this system.
Note that this only applies to received communications (the system filters them out from the jamming clutter) and sensory data received by that unit alone (other units cannot make use of it, unless they have an unaffected datalink/info-share with the ECCM equipped unit. Magic/psychic jamming is NOT affected by this system. Cost: 90,000 credits

*Laser-Ablative Armor---Reduces laser damage by HALF. Like Glitterboy Chrome, variable lasers DO work against this material. Cost: 150,000 credits.

*Stealth Armor---Radar-absorbant materials, special angling of the outside shell, and measures to reduce EM and heat signature reduce the Taon’s sensor signature by as much as 60%(or -20% to enemy detection rolls using radar and thermal optical sensor systems). CANNOT be combined with laser-ablative armor. Cost: 200,000 credits.

*Accoustic Reduction----Using technology reverse-engineered from the Coalition’s own special forces jetpacks, this system muffles the sound of the Taon’s jets to a soft hiss. Under the right conditions, this gives the Taon a 60% chance of Prowling under the right conditions(such as behind cover). Cost: 200,000 credits.

*Forcefield----Adds 100 MDC. Regenerates at 5% per minute. Cost: 85,000 credits

Variants:
*LCA-HP-09N Submersible version---Naval version; capable of operation underwater, moving at 55 MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile. The energy weapons are typically replaced with blue-green lasers for better underwater penetration, missile weapons are replaced with micro- or mini-torpedoes, and a sonar system(5 mile range) is added. Flying speed is cut by 25%, and HALF bonuses in underwater operation.
Cost: 1.2 million credits

*LCA-HP-09S Space version---Adds extra life support, four robotic arms(25 MDC each, bionic P.S. of 25 each), magnetic docking clamps, an electromagnetic anti-radiation shield(also cuts particle beam cannon damage by HALF). Speed is Mach 4 in space. Bonuses for manuevering in space are unchanged . The HP-09S is being touted to the Orbitals as a combination EVA utility pod and defense unit.
Cost: 2.6 million credits

*LCA-HP-09RPV- RPV Drone version---Robotic version, with the following attributes:
Attacks per Melee: 5
+2 Strike
+4 Dodge
+2 Roll
+1 Initiative
Cost: +200,000 credits

*LCA-HP-09TW---Nicknamed the ‘WizBall’, this ‘variant’ simply refers to a number of custom mod-jobs adding technowizardry. Most such jobs replace the powerplant with a TW PPE powerplant, and add features like Armor of Ithan, Ley Line Booster, and additional TW protections.
Cost: Varies by the type and amount of techno-wizardry added, but usually upwards of 1 million credits.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a sweet device! I think the Federated States are going to purchase some of these.

Take your time! 21 Races? Holy cow! Can't wait to see them!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:That is a sweet device! I think the Federated States are going to purchase some of these.

Take your time! 21 Races? Holy cow! Can't wait to see them!

Something I first started thinking about back in elementary school...every decade of so I haul out the old ideas, dust them off, upgrade them, make a go at doing them over...I'd already lost two previous incarnations to computer failures...so I'm backing this latest one up constantly...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:It will be along wait, I'm afraid...I'm trying to come up with as much new material as I can to give 'em the proper treatment...some 21 different races....

21 races with equipment, vehicles and other stuff? Like Surfboards, roller blades and other dangerous weapons? :shock:
Oh boy.

Aramanthus
Monk

If he has the unique equipment for each race he is working on..... I'm not really sure what to say...... Sort wishing my own muse would rise from the dead!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:It will be along wait, I'm afraid...I'm trying to come up with as much new material as I can to give 'em the proper treatment...some 21 different races....

21 races with equipment, vehicles and other stuff? Like Surfboards, roller blades and other dangerous weapons? :shock:
Oh boy.

Not sure about stats for the respective gear of all of them,....just rough ideas of the feel and look of the stuff for each respective species...and their prefered equipment types...One species, for instance, loves forcfields and 'virtual walls' while another has figured out a zero-point energy source analogue that is helping them create a mega-engineering society(100-mile wide galactic battleships, solar engineering, that sort of thing)....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

That link doesn't seem to work...
taalismn
Priest

Likewise...have to go to DRB and see what the related topic was to see if it was preserved....Though I have NO idea of what I'll find...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Likewise...have to go to DRB and see what the related topic was to see if it was preserved....Though I have NO idea of what I'll find...

Am I that bad? :-( :(

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/01 ... g-for.html

taalismn
Priest

yah know...some of those might just be workable in Rifts....with sufficiently advanced technology and magic...The Bulldozer that Produces Candy could be a mobile autofac that uses nanotechnology to break down rock into raw materials...then uses the Ludicrous Magic spell 'Cotton Candy' or 'Candy Canes' to accelerate the process...
And the Nueron Tree....Cambridge Forest mutant, anybody?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

MIT Forest Rules!!!!

Bulldozer that Produces Candy could be a mobile autofac

or converting a field of crops into packaged food or Candy.
Bulldozer or those Forest/ park robots you linked to a while back doing the same thing.
More later.

Aramanthus
Monk

I know we've got enough civilians here in the Federated States to be looking at something like that. Nano-microfactories are very nice to have. We could always use some to produce candy and the like.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:MIT Forest Rules!!!!

Bulldozer that Produces Candy could be a mobile autofac

or converting a field of crops into packaged food or Candy.
Bulldozer or those Forest/ park robots you linked to a while back doing the same thing.
More later.

Truck portable cannery, flash-freezer, flash-steamer, and food irradiator? From vine to MRE in fifteen minutes (or less)?
Man...get enough of those, you can harvest crops in no time...Toss in robot field hands if you want to go the whole nine yards and high-tech your agriculture......
What crop waste you don't use for thatching material or animal feed can get rendered in fertilizer or biofuel with a handy nanotech converter/tailored microorganism composter/fermenter...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

"Ah Paladin Steel. Your one stop for customizable gear. If an item isn't the way you like buy an options pack, if it has one, and swap things around. Also if PS doesn't have what you want I'm sure they'd appreciate an idea or two for a new product." - Intercepted radio communication from within the Adirondack Mountains

---------

Excellent material, Taalismn! A lot of these items had me howling with laughter for their ingenuity and creativity. Other items had me saying, "Now why didn't I think of that". All in all very good stuff.
taalismn
Priest

Veritas476 wrote:"Ah Paladin Steel. Your one stop for customizable gear. If an item isn't the way you like buy an options pack, if it has one, and swap things around. Also if PS doesn't have what you want I'm sure they'd appreciate an idea or two for a new product." - Intercepted radio communication from within the Adirondack Mountains

---------

Excellent material, Taalismn! A lot of these items had me howling with laughter for their ingenuity and creativity. Other items had me saying, "Now why didn't I think of that". All in all very good stuff.

Thank you for the kind words! I shall strive to live up to them... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Gracias to Raven for his Keratech and the inspiration he's given me over the years...

Paladin Steel PSPPR-11 ‘Scorcher’ Plasma Weapons Pack

“Takes some getting used to, having two plasma mini-cannon firing off right either side of your head...Remember to wear eye protection and a good sunscreen, otherwise you’ll be reduced to seeing purple blobbies and skin-peeling like an onion.”

“I’d normally be leery of wearing anything that has two guns seeking their own targets a few inches behind my head, but when I’m going into a Xit hive, the lights are down, and the shadows start moving with a will of their own...I’m glad to have another set of senses and guns watching my back...”
---Corporal Tynar Nyeitz, Tundra Ranger.

Paladin Steel took inspiration from the autofire laser mini-turrets they saw carried by their ally Kera-Tech’s paratrooper grav-packs and came up with this infantry weapon backpack. Meant for assault troops and exterminator squads, this weapon consists of an armored backpack and small generator, with two small turret-mounted plasma ejectors firing over the head and shoulders of the wearer. The turrets are slaved to the head movements of the wearer (with rotation blocks so the gunner doesn’t wind up shooting themselves in the head), are aimed by a recticle worn by the pack-wearer(headpiece or helmet mounted; PS infantry armor comes standard with aiming recticle andfirelinking connections), and fired by a hand control, tongue switch, verbal interface, or direct nueral link. The turrets can track 45 degrees side to side, and 110 degrees up/down. The powerpack is an improved model isotopic/fuel cell regenerating battery that can recharge itself up to five times before its fuel elements need to be replaced and replenished. This system gives the ‘Scorcher’ seemingly unlimited shots, making the weapon a favorite of field operatives and rangers who are operating far from immediate resupply. Cyborgs, such as Cyberhumanoids, Paryial, and Light Cyborgs, are also becoming fond of the weapon, as their enhanced strength allows them to carry its weight with little problem.
Laser, ion, and particle-beam versions of this weapon are also reportedly in the works.
Weight: 25 lbs
MDC: 50
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast, 8d6 MD for both guns firing simultaneously
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 120 shots before the generator needs to recharge; takes 20 minutes to recharge. Can recharge up to 5 times before needing a field overhaul and replacement of internal components.
Special Features:
*Eye-Fire Interface---+1 to strike
Cost: 90,000 credits
Options:
*SprayFire Barrel Modification Kit--- This mod mounts a ‘watering can’ of multiple short projection coils on the barrel, splitting the plasma discharge into a dozen smaller plasma mini-bolts. Range drops to 500 ft, but the bolts do 3d6 MD to a 20 ft wide area.
Cost: +18,000 credits

*Plasma Bolt-exploder----Rather than a single plasma bolt, this mod supercharges the outgoing shot into a sort of freeform plasma ‘grenade’ whose cohesion deteriorates faster, resulting in shorter range, but which explodes with greater area of effect and intensity.
Reduce range by HALF, but the bolt now does 1d4x10 MD and explodes in a 5 ft blast radius . A single plasma ‘grenade’ costs two shots from the battery capacity.
Cost: +10,000 credits

*Autofire Mod(aka ‘Robofire’)---This fits the pack with its own sensor suite and auto-targeting parameters, to allow it to fire automatically on targets entering a ‘killzone’ centered around the wearer...The parameters can be preset or it can be set to fire on anything not broadcasting a transponder code(IFF badges are standard issue for GNE troops). Sensor range is 2,500 ft, and sensor types include a laser topographic scanner, low-lite, IR/UV, and thermal imaging, and microwave motion detection. The robogunner system has 4 attacks per melee, and +2 to strike, though it can be overridden on command by the wearer. Typically, the guns in automode have free range of motion.
Despite the usefulness of this system in effectively doubling the number of attacks available to a trooper, the Robofire rig has suffered from unsubstantiated barracks rumors of the system occasionally ‘running rogue’ and that early software glitches resulted in a number of users getting shot by their own equipment. PS categorically denies that any such accidents happened, that all of their tests were conducted under conditions of maximum safety, and that the software and hardware has been rigorously tested against ‘corruption’.
Cost: +30,000 credits
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

...and thanks to Abtex for letting me play in his MIT Forest...

Bond Fruit---This is a product of a very rare plant found only in the MIT Forest on Rifts Earth. It is unknown where the plant originated from, and the most common theory among the Elders of the MIT tribes is that the plant is a mutant form of a ‘stem cell tree’ rumored to have been under development in the Cambridge Bio-Corridor before the Coming of the Rifts(though another more recent rumor, coming on the heels of expeditions to ‘Green Mars’ is that the Bond Fruit is an alien plant that came to Earth via way of the Martian Rifts). The fruit of this mutant resembles a white billiard ball bisected into two hemispherical lobes. The flesh of the fruit inside is pink and fibrous, much like a mango. The juice is sweet and succulent, and has a slight aphrodisiac effect When split along the bisection line, divided into two, and shared between two people, the Bond Fruit’s fibrous pith, actually an ultra-fine network of nerve-like fibers, escapes digestion and migrates from the stomach into the body, and to the spinal column. Any discomfort caused by the fiber network slipping through the stomach lining is negated by the euphoric side effects of the sap, and the mucus-like coating that protects the fibers from digestion, also coat and seal the micro-pores that the fibers make in the stomach lining, quickly healing them before blood loss and infection can take place. Once the fiber net reaches the spinal column it wraps around it, and integrates itself into the nerves and blood network, essentially becoming a symbiote.
Any pain and discomfort associated with this process is numbed by the slight euphoric/aphrodisiac effect that the Bond Fruit’s sugary sap also conveys on consumers. This effect isn’t addictive in and of itself, but those who partake of the Fruit comment that it does serve to enhance the activities normally associated with sharing a Bond Fruit.
The Bond Fruit creates a permanent telepathic-empathic link between the eaters of the twin halves of the Fruit. Within range of each other, the two people can, with a little concentration, consciously send and receive telepathic messages and impressions(including visual images) to/from their partners. Empathic awareness is even easier, requiring little concentration to become aware of what their partner is feeling. Mind Blocks will disrupt the link, but the other half of the pair will IMMEDIATELY know when their partner has dropped out of connection.
Bond Fruit are very rare even among the MIT tribes, and their cultivation is an almost sacred undertaking, with any plants discovered being declared tribal property, and secured from anybody less than a Senior Propagator or DNAst. It has become tradition for truly devoted couples aboard the MIT Tribes to consume a Bond Fruit on their wedding night, both consummating and sealing a permanent bond between them. Needless to say, divorce after consumption of a Fruit is a VERY rare(and typically very messy) thing.
Consuming a single Bond-Fruit alone has NO effect; without the other half the network to send to/receive from in another lifeform, the ingested network soon dies and breaks up inside the body.
Range: 600 miles
Duration: Permanent
Penalties: Effects are permanent, and no other bond can ever be attempted, EVER!
Cost: The BondFruit is so rare and specialized that it has been rarely ever offered for distribution outside the Cambridge Jungle, and would likely bring upwards of 100,000 credits if a complete fruit were made available to the Black Market. The tribes of the MIT Forest typically hold them as gifts to citizen-couples who the elders feel are mutually emotionally compatible, though it is rumored that a few have been given to special operatives to whom long-range telepathy is useful, worth even permanently sharing thoughts with another person. Among the MIT Tribes, young couples petition their tribal Elders for available Bond Fruit, but few are granted the honor for various reasons, ranging from simple recognition of the petitioners’ fickleness to concerns of war.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new gear from PS. Plasma weapons are always fun to have available. I like this fruit. It could make a marriage even better with it. Did you use your plant generation tables?

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Nice new gear from PS. Plasma weapons are always fun to have available. I like this fruit. It could make a marriage even better with it. Did you use your plant generation tables?

Nah, I used an old Flower of Life mutant I'd created for the Ares Freehold/Martian Invid scenario...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Still a very cool fruit! I still stand by what I said in the previous post.

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:Still no Tap Zap picks - plant the spike into the ground, release it, step back 10-15 feet trailing wire, set charge level, hit remote control yell 'fire in the hole'. Hit 2nd control tab retract spike and wire into handle. start over. Comes in single and multi spike designs. Reusable explosives. Quick dig Bayonet - fire into ground or door, hit remote, repeat as needed.

Tap zap power saw - Strap flex strip to object to be cut, turn on powers, series of repeated small 'charges' in strip cuts object in half. Also works nicely in questioning individuals.

On a side note, does PS offer a Hiking Stick, that combines the Multiplexor Weapon and features of the ‘Pummeler’ Urban Melee Weapon together so people can safety hike the trails. In no way would this be a Mage's staff with custom designs being available with optional Scrambler Shelter.

Already, almost done staff.

You're evil, you know that?
Putting it all in my 'To Do' folder... :ok:

Why?
Last edited by abtex on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Nice new gear from PS. Plasma weapons are always fun to have available. I like this fruit. It could make a marriage even better with it. Did you use your plant generation tables?

Nah, I used an old Flower of Life mutant I'd created for the Ares Freehold/Martian Invid scenario...

Any more Mutant plants/fruit that can you can take to a Martian food fight?
FoL fruit being use to power Plasma weapons, comes to mind. Whole new meaning to juicer.
Seeds as bullets or Electra Thermo "powder"

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Start for a Multiplexor pocket knife.
http://www.gizmag.com/victorinox-announ ... ool/10774/

Aramanthus
Monk

That is a cool item. Thank you for the link Abtex! I have an old swiss army knife. Well relatively old. Mine is about 18 years old. I carry it everywhere I can.

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Aramanthus wrote:That is a cool item. Thank you for the link Abtex! I have an old swiss army knife. Well relatively old. Mine is about 18 years old. I carry it everywhere I can.

Have several. Carry two different ones with me most of the time.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

A knife you might take to a vampire fight, need better or bigger one.
http://www.gizmag.com/wasp-injector-kni ... rs-l/9480/

Before the Liberty ships. This is how PS delivered to the NGR and most other places.
http://doc-evilonavich.deviantart.com/a ... o-44223610

Some equipment and peeks of working for PS.
http://kelbykross.deviantart.com/art/wo ... t-83541073

I need sleep badly

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
Before the Liberty ships. This is how PS delivered to the NGR and most other places.
http://doc-evilonavich.deviantart.com/a ... o-44223610
]

Hmmm...that's an idea...package the goods in something like the airbags used to deliver Mars Rovers...

Makes for a heckuva short delivery time, from order phone-in to arrival...but you'd need some way(ultra-tech or magical) to make for pinpoint, on-target, accuracy, so you don't put the package through somebody's window(or on top of them)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Oh great taalismn, have you even done anything like this...
Combat Rider's bike --- the orginal

I think that I am love.
Her Sister, Sunshine will just have to take a back seat, for a little while

But I do not want to make either one unhappy,
least not without heavy body armor and a fast ride, near by.
Last edited by abtex on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Oh great taalismn, have you even done anything like this...
Combat Rider's bike --- the orginal

I think that I am love.
Her Sister, Sunshine will just have to take a back seat, for a little while

But I do not want to make either one unhappy,
least not without heavy body armor and a fast ride, near by.

Ah, the ever growing 'To Do' list...like rolling a boulder uphill in Hades... :P
Sunshine seems to have been deleted...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”