Welcome to the new Dead Reign forum!

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Welcome to the new Dead Reign forum!

Unread post by NMI »

I just got the okay to bring life to forums and raise "Dead Reign".
So, I wanted to make the first new post in this forum.
Got tips on surviving the Zombie Apocalypse? Safe spots to hide, get food, rest or a even a shower?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Welcome to the new Dead Reign forum!

Unread post by NMI »

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Legend

Unread post by Legend »

Frankly, I like the ideas about covering tracks as was displayed in I Am Legend, though I'm uncertain how well, or what varied ideas, could be devised to make that happen, or if its even important in Dead Reign.

To be honest with you, though I'm a huge fan of BtS, not so much with Rifts, all my group and I are looking for from Dead Reign is a new setting and a different set of world rules. I have #43 for the cover and the article about Erick Wujcik, and an ancient beat up copy of Rifts, and that's about it. I haven't played Rifts in five years, BtS longer than that, and not much role-playing at all because there are no Role-Players who understand good RPGs in the Fountain, CO, area. My intent is to get Dead Reign -because I used to be very good at Dark Conspiracy- and try, yet again, to compose a group. The game is different enough, so it might be easier to do, since everyone's convinced zombie, vampire, and werewolf games are the direction to go, now.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Got tips on surviving the Zombie Apocalypse? Safe spots to hide, get food, rest or a even a shower?

It all depends on what type of zombies you're dealing with: fast moving, slow moving, brain-eaters, general flesh-eaters, voodoo, killable, unkillable, thinking, unthinking, human, animal, standard limbs, tentacles, pyrophobic, fearless, etc. etc. etc.

The general strategies outlined in Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide:
-Go upstairs, and destroy the stairs behind you. Most zombies aren't climbers.
-Don't use chainsaws; splattering yourself with zombie blood and gore is generally a bad things. Some gets in your mouth, or an open wound, and you'll probably die or turn.
-Guns are effective, but they attract the attention of other zombies.
-Machetes and swords never run out of ammo.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

First, thanks Mr. Deific NMI for the PM about the Dead Reign forum. Much appreciated!

Second, since i don't have the book yet i decided to run a game with what is in the Rifter and decided to start right at hour zero, June 20th, 2012. When it all begins. :twisted:

So far the PCs are trying to find something to survive by going on the back roads in Texas and are so far avoiding the zombies. (which won't last long)

They think that Fort Hood may help them, though when they get there........ :twisted:

I am however open to any suggestions that anyone thinks may make things interesting. :-D :? :-D

-Don't use chainsaws; splattering yourself with zombie blood and gore is generally a bad things. Some gets in your mouth, or an open wound, and you'll probably die or turn.

One of my friends playing actually got this book in-game and owns an audio cd of it. The book itself is interesting. Sadly the book won't help them too much if i have anything to do with it.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

If they are taking the back roads through texas on their way to fort hood you have to make them run into aggie zombies omg would be awesome!!!

Oh and if you get further south along the boarder maybe have them come upon a 18-wheeler full of illegals surrounded by zombies... or the 18 wheeler is full of turned zombies! or maybe only one was turned and then went after the other illegals that were inside. Woo that would be one slippery trailer there.

I'd use the Aggie idea, but in June it's not football season. I love the illegals idea though, i'll use the truck full of them as if there were illegals surrounded by the undead, my friend will leave their butts in a heartbeat and not feel guilty about it. "Better them than me" :lol:

Again, thanks for the suggestions. :D
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Now this is just a horrible idea and might get axed by mods but u could try rescuing some of them just to use as meat decoys if your ever being chased by some runners. But i mean u would have to be really evil to do something like that.
Now this is just a horrible idea and might get axed by mods but u could try rescuing some of them just to use as meat decoys if your ever being chased by some runners. But i mean u would have to be really evil to do something like that.

My friends already have that idea slated for one of the NPCs they rescued. One of PCs is a private eye and has his secretary (NPC) tagging along. The rest of the party (outside of the P.I of course)does NOT like her, thus she's been tagged as meat shield zombie insurance. :eek: Yes me and my friends are that evil as it's something i'd do as well. :twisted:
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Got tips on surviving the Zombie Apocalypse? Safe spots to hide, get food, rest or a even a shower?

It all depends on what type of zombies you're dealing with: fast moving, slow moving, brain-eaters, general flesh-eaters, voodoo, killable, unkillable, thinking, unthinking, human, animal, standard limbs, tentacles, pyrophobic, fearless, etc. etc. etc.

This is EXACTLY what i was going to ask.
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

But i mean when society falls and you are on the brink of extinction it really can turn into a everyone for themselves sort of situation.

Which is something i will plan to exploit as they think that good things will happen when they reach Ft Hood. First though they are heading toward the mall where the gun shop i informed them about is......... Once they see their opposition i think that they'll either leave or try to force their way in where they'll get surprise #2. :twisted: :lol:

Yeah u don't want to end up like that guy on top of the building at the end of the resident evil 2 movie now do ya ;-)

IMO i prefer a hand grenade so i won't rise up as a zombie (hopefully)but a bullet will do in case i can't get one. :-)
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Mike SSN-723 wrote:AND...
save a bullet for yourself :P

Ha, real men save the last grenade for themselves. :twisted:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Petite Elfgirl wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I just got the okay to bring life to forums and raise "Dead Reign".
So, I wanted to make the first new post in this forum.
Got tips on surviving the Zombie Apocalypse? Safe spots to hide, get food, rest or a even a shower?

Dang, I guess screaming and running wouldn't take care of it . . .? :-P :wink:

I don't know, the sight of a girl running away might make me stop and watch for a bit...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Sorry, (and not trying to offend or sound pervish) but the ONLY way that i'd stop to watch you run is if you were streaking and had a P.B of 30! :lol:

Besides i think i'd have enough of my own problems to be dealing with. ;)
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Hey, this is the internet . . . if I was upset or offended by a little thing like that, then I'd have to find a new hobby. :wink: :-P

Be that as it is, i still am a gentleman at heart and would rather explain myself than be misinterpreted and cause bad mojo. :D
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

I'm thinking a solar powered blimp to live in. That way you can take safely pot shots at the zombies as they appear. I dunno that don't sound to fair...... :D

Just avoid those states that have get of rain and you'll do fine. ;)

Though i see Citizen Lazlo kinda thought the same thing and beat me to the punch. :lol:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Gets awfully windy up in those mountains and i don't think you want to be crashing into the side of a mountain. ;)
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Main thing against that thing is the size, (kinda hard to get those tight corners ;)) but at least it's propeled so you won't (hopefully) drift aimlessly.

Return to “Dead Reign™”