Rifts Earth Languages Compilation

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Rifts Earth Languages Compilation

Unread post by csbioborg »

where is Gaelic?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Why is Arabic important? I don't recall it being mentioned, except, maybe, in the description of the one Muslim NPC.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Zerebus wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Why is Arabic important? I don't recall it being mentioned, except, maybe, in the description of the one Muslim NPC.

Uh... this list started as a multi-game list. For Rifts, Arabic has yet to be significant. I'll strike it from the list. I was actually thinking of the Persian gods from Rifts: Pantheons of the Megaverse. However, that'd be Persian/Farsi, not Arabic. As it is, though, the gods in that section magically speak all languages so there's just no point.

Ok. Just making sure I hadn't missed anything.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

As luck would have it, I was going through Rifts South America 1 the other day, and noticed this on page 145:

"Four main languages are spoken by the humans: Awarak, Cariban, Ge and Tupian. Creole is used as a universal trade language between tribes and used to communicate with strangers"

It also says they speak Spanish. So that's five more languages to add to your list, depending on how obscure you want to get.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

There is also the language that the Cetaceans (Dolphins and such) use, as well as non-magical Whale Songs.

Source: Underseas

~ Josh
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in regards to techno-can, IIRC it is said to double as a programming language. which means "L33T" can't be it.

i suspect this kind of thing is more likely. i can just see a bunch of cityrats sitting in front of terminals, chatting in computer code while their non-techno-can speaking friends sit nearby with blank looks on their faces.

likewise euro is said to be a mixture of german, polish, and some others. German shows up as it's own language in the NGR citizen basic skill set.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Zerebus wrote:
vampire_hunter_D wrote:You forgot Ukrainian

Don't get me started.

Whats wrong with Ukranian? There are examples of its existence in the Russia books. Its more of a dialect than a language, but I would say that there are enough differences to list it. My mom speaks it, since she emigrated from the Ukraine and her mother was Ukranian (father was russian but they spoke ukranian at home) and my sister speaks russian since that is what she studied in school.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Have you thought about doing something like Language groups ala Hero System - Hero Games.

I love their language chart, and it shows relationships between languages and similar languages. Each offshoot would be additional skill penalties for understanding (or in Hero makes it easier to learn). Just a thought.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Zerebus wrote:Here's an interesting one: Splugorth. Rifts Pantheons of the Megaverse includes the Splugorth language in some of the deity descriptions, notably in Zeus' skill section.

Language: Splugorth, however, has a bit of a problem: the Splugorth don't speak it. The Splugorth R.C.C. specifically lists a series of languages and then states "they use magic to speak to all others". As for the Splugorth minions, their common languages tend to be Dragonese, Atlantean, and Demongogian, in that order of likelihood. So what to do with Language: Splugorth?

Misprint, gaffe, or whatever you'd like to call it.

If you want to turn a blunder into a plot point, you could say that they speak the language that the Splugorth have long since abandoned in favor of more "multi-dimensional tongues." Heck, that may have been what C.J. or Kevin originally intended.

~ Josh
RoadWarriorFWaNK

lol none.

It lists Literacy: Chinese, and Literacy: Ancient and Classical Chinese, but no languages.

I assume everyone just speaks "Chinese".
The Galactus Kid

Mandarin Chinese or another dialect?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

RoadWarriorFWaNK

It could also be a similar situation like in Europe, where all the languages and dialects coalesced together into a modern Rifts version of "Chinese".

When I run games in China, I have all the demons speak "Ancient Chinese". It's like regular Chinese, but thousands of years older.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Zerebus wrote:I was thinking of making it sort of like a Trade Tongue used between different Splugorth lords' minions for those Splugorth lords on the fringes with minions other than the standard fare of Kydians, Kittani, High Lords, and friends. But that's all noncanonical in an otherwise very canonical list.

Excellent idea though.

:ok:

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid

I don't see why they wouldn't. It will not cannon until "WB 78: Onion Head Uprising"

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

From Wb28 Arzno. The Thumper language based on TK pulses. Do you think a psyquic with TK powers could learn it?
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Good list. Any chance of including Rifts book source & page number references?

Note: there is a similar list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35812&hilit=languages
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Zerebus wrote:In no particular order:

Techno-Can as SmallTalk? I hate SmallTalk. And by that I mean I DESPISE SmallTalk!

I hate small talk too. I just want to skip the date and get straight to the sex. :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I noted Klingon is missing from both the lists.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Btw you missed "Cockney" Its a new secret code language used by the slaves in London of Splynn (or Splyndon as we call it) in the world of "Ley Line Drifts" - Rifts
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

random_username wrote:Good list. Any chance of including Rifts book source & page number references?

Note: there is a similar list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35812&hilit=languages

Uhh... compare the date of your post with the one above it.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Was hoping that either the original person was still around and might be able to quickly list the sources or someone else might take the list and be able to provide the references.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Laux the Ogre wrote:And what about Esperanto? It would be a shame if Rifts Earth humans couldn't enjoy the collected works of... William Shatner? Ok, nevermind on the Esperanto.

In my BTS game I decided Esperanto would be the language vampires use. Of course I run my vampire differently then PB.

Also, I noticed Zentraedi and Tyrolean was left off the list....
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Zerebus wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Why is Arabic important? I don't recall it being mentioned, except, maybe, in the description of the one Muslim NPC.

Uh... this list started as a multi-game list. For Rifts, Arabic has yet to be significant. I'll strike it from the list. I was actually thinking of the Persian gods from Rifts: Pantheons of the Megaverse. However, that'd be Persian/Farsi, not Arabic. As it is, though, the gods in that section magically speak all languages so there's just no point.

csbioborg wrote:where is Gaelic?

Where is Gaellic used? I skimmed over Rifts England but didn't see it.

EDIT: I added Persian/Farsi because of the Persian pantheon and the presence of Angrar Robotics. While they don't have to use it, it's their real world ethnic origin so it's worth listing.

Gaelic is the "Celtic language", esp. if referring to Scotland or Ireland, if you really want to get technical you can add Welsh and Cornish as well.
You forgot Ancient Egytian ala the Mutant cats in South America, their two Gods speak and read it.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I'd like to recommend this thread is made "Sticky", as it is a fantastic resource.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

any chance we could get this list broken down by geographic region? at the very least, by continent? many of the languages/language groups listed are basically 'tribal' languages of fairly limited geographic scope, so it would be nice to know which ones are from where, to make picking languages for characters easier.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about ghost speak? (you know for electronic voice phenomina?)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

EVP is usually in a regular language, not its own thing.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

glitterboy2098 wrote:EVP is usually in a regular language, not its own thing.

maybe on our end....
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Static is not a language. If it's deliberate distortion meant to conceal true meaning, it would come under Encryption and Scramblers.
A signal that was hashed by static, and is subsequently cleaned up, would either come under the appropriate Language skill(GM's perogative at what penalty, for trying to parse meaning from what few legible words can be made out) or cleared up using a Radio skill to finetune the reception.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

What about sign language and mime? The silent languages. j/k
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:What about sign language and mime? The silent languages. j/k

I can see that(unless it's too dark).
Mime comes under Performance, though. I wouldn't regard it as Language.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

IIRC, one book has "combat sign language" as a skill..

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

I would like to point out that sign language is not an international, one-of-a-kind thing, but there are a variety of sign languages across the world depending on specific country & culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sign_languages

"Combat sign language" probably refers to the series of movements, codes and signs soldiers in certain armies use to pass information between each other where silence, physical and of radio, is of essential importance. One might insert it under Performance much like Mime, or much more apropriately, one of the military skills.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

actually, i appears as a language skill in an OCC. but yes it refers to the use of hand and arm signs and movements to relay information silently in the field.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:I would like to point out that sign language is not an international, one-of-a-kind thing, but there are a variety of sign languages across the world depending on specific country & culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sign_languages

"Combat sign language" probably refers to the series of movements, codes and signs soldiers in certain armies use to pass information between each other where silence, physical and of radio, is of essential importance. One might insert it under Performance much like Mime, or much more apropriately, one of the military skills.

Military. And be sure when doing joint operations that everybody is using the same codes....and that "advance fast forward' isn't really 'send the newbie ahead into the minefield".
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i would assume that there is a regional aspect.. in north america most are likely to be using ones derived from the CS. in Europe, most likely the NGR, etc. of course, i beleive that the CS's would be derived fro mthe stuff they teach american troops IRL, while the NGR's would be derived from german/NATO standard.. given that, there might be some differences in how the various forms evolved (for example, different signs for 'demon' and other stuff not in real world military sign language) they would likely be mutually intelligible in the field..

on the otherhand, i'd expect the versions in russia and china to be effectively a different language, being derived from different backgrounds.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:I would like to point out that sign language is not an international, one-of-a-kind thing, but there are a variety of sign languages across the world depending on specific country & culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sign_languages

Military. And be sure when doing joint operations that everybody is using the same codes....and that "advance fast forward' isn't really 'send the newbie ahead into the minefield".

Yeah, that would be a pretty awful thing to do by accident... or in general, though your milleage may vary. :twisted:

As an aside, yes, separating the languages by continent or subcontinent one might come across them could be quite useful indeed.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

i'm guessing we wont see an update from the OP on this unless they are still around
it would b nice to have book and page numbers or at last regions for the languages though.

just to point out the entry for 'canadian' could be reflective of small changes "american english" so 'canadian' could be much closer to British (americans dropped the U from colour to color, from neighbor to our neighbour and other minor changes) and of course the canadian accent (which i still don't hear but my gf laughs when i say about, or sorry)

i imagined the listing of "american" not english always assumed more slang and bastardization of english over the 300 years , and maybe canadian english didn't suffer as badly but would make it even more distinct from american than it is today
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

For those looking for Book page numbers I'm going to re-post my list from a similar thread recently. This includes the selection of Rifts Books I have, plus RT (as it applies to Rifts, left out RT's alien languages) and Palladium Fantasy, and may not be as comprensive as those with more complete libraries.

I've broken this into several sections. Human Tongues (real/derived in game), Non-Human Tongues (or not connected to a human tongue), possible tongues that have been lost/forgotten/unclear (includes races that have Adopted new one) in the description, non-humans with no identified native tongue, Specialist (based on OCC), Telepathic, Phase World Trade, and Palladium Fantasy Human Tongues. After each entry you will also see the source for the entry. Some of the languages appear to have multiple presentation formats and have been presented as separate dialects, though they may not be (GM call). Telepathic may or may not be universal, but given the use in Trade for Phase World I am inclined to say it is not.

Human/Earth Tongues:
Afrikaans (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Amercian/English (RUE pg304)
-Deep South Dialect
-Australian outback Dialect
-British Dialect (WB26 pg124)
Arabic (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Aymara (WB9 pg162)
Bushman (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Chinese (RUE pg304)
-several dialects are vaguely mentioned as being practically their own langauge)
Creole (WB6 pg162)
Egyptian: Ancient (WB6 pg110)
Euro (RUE pg304)
French (WB22 pg 39)
-Old French (WB22 pg 135)
-Old Canadian French (WB20 pg 156)
German: Old (SB3 pg14)
Greek (WB2 pg 17)
-Atlanean is Ancient Greek Dialect (WB2 pg45 & 67)
Gypsy (WB5 pg183)
Inuit (WB20 pg86)
Italian (Shemerian SB pg79)
Japanese (RUE pg304)
-Oni Dialect (DB3 pg18, put here as it gives Earth Japanese at 50%)
Latin (Mercenaries, pg42)
Mongolian (RUE pg304)
Native American Tongues (WB20 pg 164)
Old Norse (SoT#6 pg130)
Polish (SB3 pg91)
Portuguese (WB6 pg120)
Quechua (WB9 pg162)
Russian (RUE pg304)
Spanish (RUE pg304)
Swahili (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Techno-Can (RUE pg304)
Xhosa (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Yorba (RT 1E#7 pg14)
Zulu ((RT 1E#7 pg14)

Non-Human Tongues:
Adoran (WB2 pg 70)
Altara (Mercenaries pg91)
Amaki (WB9 pg158)
Arkhon (WB9 pg78)
Azverkan (SB3 pg44)
Blucies (WB31 pg37)
Brodkil (WB5 pg155)
Crab Warriors (WB31 pg50)
Dakir: Common (WB9 pg111, may have another dialect as skill is listed w/ and w/o "common" descriptor)
Dirari (WB31 pg70)
Dragonese/Elven (RUE pg304)
Demongogian (RUE pg304)
Dolphin/Whale (WB7 pg52, WB 30 pg148 suggests these are two languages)
Dwarf (CB1r pg85)
Faerie Speak (RUE pg304)
-Kappa Dialect (WB8 pg206)
Fallem (WB9 pg77)
Gargoyle (WB5 pg155)
Gobbley (RUE pg304)
-Erta Dialect (WB2 pg72)
-Grimbor Ape-Man Dialect (WB6 pg138)
Gosai (CB1r pg 101)
Gromeck (CB1r pg154)
Hawrkin (WB2 pg 75)
Iktek (WB31 pg108)
Kittani (WB6 pg77)
Kreeghor (DB3 pg79)
Kremin (WB31 pg113)
Kydian (WB6 pg77)
Lanotaur (WB31 pg116)
Larhold (WB9 pg 190)
Lorica Wraith (WB30 pg148)
Lyn-Srial (WB31 pg128)
Metztla (WB2 pg61+63)
Naut'yll (WB7 pg111)
N'mbyr (WB31 pg144)
N'retas (WB31 pg148)
Necrol (DB6 pg90)
Obsedai (WB31 pg153)
Ogre (CB1r pg 103)
Ojahee (WB9 pg111)
Peryton Demon Deer (CB1r pg170)
Posluznik (WB31 pg160)
Potalian (WB31 pg157)
Promethean (DB3 pg26)
Pucara (WB9 pg55)
Roane (WB31 pg172)
Shaydorian (WB2 pg79)
Silhouette (DB3 pg81)
Simvanese (SB3 pg56, SoT#6 AKA Simvan?)
Srrynm (SB3 pg54)
Tirrvol Sword Fist (WB31 pg202)
Tokanni (WB31 pg205)
Troll/Giantese (CB1r pg88)
Ugakwa (SB3 pg51)
Were Dragon (WB21 pg 100)
Wolfen (CB1r pg76)

Possible Non-Human Tongues (unclear, or adopted a NEW Native Tongue or nearly Forgotten on Rifts Earth):
Bruutasaur (WB31 pg38)
Faerie Bot (WB31 pg78)
Foreset Warden (WB31 pg93)
Lyvorrk (WB31 pg132)
Power Leech (WB31 pg163)
Quick-Flex (WB31 pg169)
Rurlel Eel (WB7 pg38)
Sasquatch (WB20 pg164)
Shapers (WB31 pg184)
Trimadore (WB31 pg206)
Vangaurd Brawler (WB11 pg207)
Vintex (WB31 pg214)

Non-Humans with no idenfied native tongue:
A'rac (WB31 pg27)
Adna (WB31 pg12)
Akysse (WB31 pg15)
Altess (DB5 pg64)
Amana (WB31 pg18)
Aardan tek (WB20 pg132)
Aviane (WB31 pg32)
Avnvain (WB6 pg152)
Bayou Ursines (WB31 pg35)
Butter Trolls (WB31 pg41)
Catyr (DB2 pg69)
Chasseur Vert (WB31 pg48)
D'norr (WB31 pg72)
Dewtani (WB31 pg65)
Dominator (DB2 pg96)
Dramin (WB31 pg74)
Drizzit (WB31 pg76)
Durosk (DB5 pg35)
Ewaipanomas (WB6 pg102)
Faustion (DB5 pg36)
Feni (WB31 pg82)
Fennoid (WB14 pg130)
Fingertooth Carpet Bagger (WB31 pg86)
Flooper (WB31 pg87)
Ganka (WB31 pg95)
Gene-Splicer (SB3 pg67)
Golgan (DB5 pg58)
Grackle Tooth (WB20 pg134)
Greot Hunter (WB20 pg135)
Horned Whale (SB4 pg106)
Horune (WB7 pg165)
Iborian (DB5 pg38)
In'Valian (DB3 pg12)
Intruder (DB3 pg48)
Kelesh (DB5 pg40)
Krak (WB31 pg110)
Kreel-Lock (WB7 pg153)
Larmac (WB31 pg119)
Lolgess (DB5 pg59)
Lycanmorph (SB3 pg48)
M'Raghille (WB31 pg137)
Machine People (DB2 pg74)
Mastadonoid (WB20 pg137)
Men-Rall (WB9 pg112)
Monro (DB3 pg34)
New Babylonian (WB9 pg157, might be human tongue)
Nixie (DB6 pg40)
Noli Bushman (WB20 pg138)
Norro (DB2 pg62)
Oborus-Slitherer (WB14 pg152)
Octoman (WB21 pg82)
Phantom (DB2 pg37)
Phelebus (WB31 pg155)
Plant People (WB21 pg84)
Pleasurer (DB2 pg88)
Psi-Ponnies (WB14 pg156)
Pythonan (WB21 pg87)
Qidion (DB5 pg41)
Ratanoids (DB5 pg48)
Rulian (WB21 pg89)
Seljuk (DB2 pg70)
Sinestrian (DB5 pg43)
Skaa (DB6 pg93)
Space Minotaur (DB5 pg47)
Spinne (WB31 pg197)
Squilbs (WB31 pg199)
Strata (DB6 pg94)
T'See (DB3 pg24)
True Naruni (DB2 pg49)
Ultrovion (DB5 pg161)
Uteni (DB5 pg50)
Vernulians (WB31 pg211)
Worm Wraith (WB14 pg171, if it has a language)
Yeno (WB20 pg140)
Zebuloid (DB5 pg64)

Specialist Tongue (OCC specific):
Dark Tongue (DB6 pg82)
Elemental (CB1r pg68, single or unique for each elemental type?)
Sign Language (WB26 pg58, may come in a variety of forms for a given species)

Telepathic Languages:
Amorph (WB30, pg24)
Slurmphs (WB30, pg192)
Cactus People (WB14, pg127)

Phase World Trade Languages:
Trade 1 (DB2 pg52, Dialect of the 1st Ones)
Trade 2 (DB2 pg52, Telepathic in nature)
Trade 3 (DB2 pg52, Wolfen Dialect)
Trade 4 (DB2 pg52, English Dialect)
Trade 5 (DB2 pg52, Reptile/Insect)
Trade 6 (DB2 pg52, Universal)

Palladium World Human Languages:
Human: East (PF2e pg50)
Human: North (PF2e pg50)
Human: South (PF2e pg50)
Human: West (PF2e pg50)
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

great, copy pasted that in case i need to find it some other time :)
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
SolCannibal
Champion

Speaking of "fluffier" things, i find it quite peculiar the fact Trade 1 is supposed to be similar to the unholy mix of english, spanish (and possibly some french & portuguese to a much lesser degree) that is Rifts' American. Guessing at its actual origins and how it sound is a thing that feels quite entertaining to me.

As an aside, is there any discussion of what languages actually compose Euro? I would guess German, Polish and Russian would have some major influence as main human nations in the continent, Camelot being a fairly young power and a bit away by the channel probably makes english its own thing - supposing that with atlantean presence in London and dimensional migrants from a melange of places Oxford english did not simply die out along the way. Maybe some stuff from Czech and Slovak through contact and influence of the Angel of Death upon the Brodkill...

Return to “Rifts®”