T-Archer Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

erc1971
Wanderer

T-Archer Question

Unread post by erc1971 »

Making a T-Archer for the first time, and I am finding myself completely confused on the T-Archer's bow tattoo.

Splynn Dimensional Market is the book, page 109. #2 under special powers and abilities of the T-archer is Power Arrows. It says they start with "the bow as a power weapon."

What does this mean? Power Weapon? I cannot find any such tattoo.

Thanks,
Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Re: T-Archer Question

Unread post by Chad »

erc1971 wrote:Making a T-Archer for the first time, and I am finding myself completely confused on the T-Archer's bow tattoo.

Splynn Dimensional Market is the book, page 109. #2 under special powers and abilities of the T-archer is Power Arrows. It says they start with "the bow as a power weapon."

Thanks,
Eric

I think they're referring to Atlantis pg. 86
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

Chad wrote:
erc1971 wrote:Making a T-Archer for the first time, and I am finding myself completely confused on the T-Archer's bow tattoo.

Thanks,
Eric

I think they're referring to Atlantis pg. 86

I looked there - we have "Simple Weapons" and "Magic Weapons", but not "Power Weapons"

I am guessing that they mean "Simple Weapons" as the T-Archer's arrow tattoos provide him with all his power, but the wording is so off, I can't tell.

Eric
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out.

In the previous paragraph they let you know it is a flaming weapon.

Eric
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

Alright, I've read this (you're right by the wording) and looked in Rifter #9 (which mentions nothing about it) and the way it seems to me is that the bow is actually part of the 4-arrow tattoo.
Splynn pg. 105 talks about how it is a new type of magic, cost the reg. T-man double PPE and that goes down when he has six Power bow/arrow? tattoos along with the half duration, power, range thing.
And for some reason, the power arrows can only be used in conjunction with the 'bow in flames' tattoo in case they don't have the power bow/arrow tattoo.
'Course, I could be wrong, cause I don't see any pictures of a power bow/arrow tattoo-
but that's how it reads to me.

Know this ain't much help, sorry.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

They obviously meant the bow in flames tattoo. Personally I love the class, it has great potential.
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

That's what I thought at first to. Then it starts to mention this power bow deal.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

on a similar but different vein. for all T-classes. Does the bow have to be flaming or can just the Arrows be flaming and used with any bow?
AlanGunhouse
Champion

The bow and arrows in flames tattoo I believe. It lists the bow and arrows as one tattoo, therefore the entire tattoo would be surrounded in flames.
Marcethus
Champion

So its a bow with 4 arrows that are surrounded in flames or covered with wing or dripping blood. Cuz I know it says that with the wings in particular that its usually 4 arrows and one of other weapons.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Actually, it states only the arrows have wings, not the bow, and those wings are only on the bow tattoo, not any of the others.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I believe the bow and arrows are all considered "flaming" magical weapon tattoos that cost normal T-men more PPE to use.

As an aside my GM invented carpet of adhesion and magic net arrows for his slaver teams. He was then stupid enough to let them have wings so for the durration of the useage you had unlimited arrows as they would deliver their effect, entraping the target, and then return to the shooter for reuse.

Two characters with these took down a whole village of 40 adult ogres without a single one either escaping or dieing. Albeit it was night time and we encircled the camp with areas of carpet of adhesion before we started and we had used a few normal arrows to start fire to all of their huts immedeatly after the carpet of adesions were set forcing them out into the open where we netted them with magic net arrows. Then our support team of 6 kittani went in with real nets and other physical restraints and made sure all the captives stayed captive.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
AlanGunhouse
Champion

For that kind of arrow, the wings would increase the range, but not let them return. Judging by similar arrows that already exist.
Marcethus
Champion

oddly enough it specificaly mentions that arrows do return after fired.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Marcethus wrote:oddly enough it specificaly mentions that arrows do return after fired.

Except where otherwise stated, like on the lightning bolt arrows.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Marcethus
Champion

hence why I am not referring to the Power Tattoos of the T-Archer my question was refering to the normal Arrows tatt
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Sorry, I was talking about the person with the carpet of adhesion arrow, not about otherwise unenchanted arrows. That Arrow is one that would clearly not be returning.
Marcethus
Champion

Duly Noted.

Return to “Rifts®”