Where did the Great Horned hatchlings go...?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Where did the Great Horned hatchlings go...?

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I meant to ask this quite a while ago, and dunno if anyone has already or not, so here goes:

What's up with the choice of dragon species in RUE? Do they replace the others or are they just more options?

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Temporalmage
Hero

Re: Where did the Great Horned hatchlings go...?

Unread post by Temporalmage »

I'd agree with gadrin, simply other types of dragons. Too many NPC dragons written in the books, like the SOT series, that used the old types to do away with them entirely.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Dragons and gods my good man :D I reckon these new guys are just for more flavour. Possibly :P
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Actually I think it was something with keeping the Fantasy lines seperate from Rifts or some such. Not sure on the why.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The keeping them separate for a movie deal doesn't make sense to me since the old main book dragons are already in print, and are written as NPCs all over. If that was the reason it is sort of a case of closing the barn door after the horse ran away. I go with the new ones are just more flavor.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Just more, less commonly encountered, dragons.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

I always figured they were kept out so they could get a proper update in the long-ago-mentioned Rifts: Dragons & Gods book. Speaking of which, was there ever any mention of what happened to that?
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

At this time the old dragons and spirits of light have been not rewrote for rifts unless you have an old conversion book or Dragons & Gods. I don't have the old one any more which upsets me but I live with it. Hope they both get redone soon and hope the hatchlings get a power boost.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!

Return to “Rifts®”