Remakes of the first set

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dave the dragon
Explorer

Remakes of the first set

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Im too lazy to dig through 23 pages to find a thread. Is PB planing to just reprint the same info in my old (comlete. hahahahaha) set of RT books, or will there be new info?
Is this he simpler more streamlined version used in the old books, or the mess that RU gave us?
Wanna know before I even consider re-investing in a company that drove me away with its unique view of "customers first".
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Re: Remakes of the first set

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Zerebus wrote:The new books will be following the Harmony Gold canon with an eye on details missed and erred upon in the original roleplaying game.

Which kind of sucks, since I prefer PBs take on the universe more than Harmony Gold's. *hugs his beloved Royal Command Battloid* I'm having enough trouble with the new names.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Dave the dragon wrote:Im too lazy to dig through 23 pages to find a thread. Is PB planing to just reprint the same info in my old (comlete. hahahahaha) set of RT books, or will there be new info?

not reprints. Re-designs, the only book out covers the Very end of the series, and the Movie.
Is this he simpler more streamlined version used in the old books, or the mess that RU gave us?
it looks ot me to be a 50/50 mix of Oldschool robotech meats Rifts UE... a complete mess with Character creation layed out in the rear, and bery little design thought, and no Chapters.
Wanna know before I even consider re-investing in a company that drove me away with its unique view of "customers first".
if you could PM me with the Experince that lead you to this most intreresting comment.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Reprint/redesign... amounts to the same thing, to me, if I already have all the info in my old collection of PB Robotech books. Call me cheap, but I'm not interested in paying $20 for nothing more than new cover art. (AKA: the old "cut and paste" PB book making technique)

Have you played since you posted, trying out the book more? I found the RUE to be a major waste of money, and the worst combination errors, typos, and illogical rulings PB had put out yet. It would be a shame to find that their first "new" game is plagued by the same problems; not worth dropping cash on.

As for my comment about Unique service, I was crawling around the site long before the new FAQ forced me to register. I shared (and had suffered first hand) much of the negative views voiced quite freely during the 2002-2005 fan uprisings. In '04 I stopped doing business with the company, came back a year later and found things just as bad. I sniffed around during the "Great betrayal" just over a year ago (I think), mostly out of curiosity about the movie. This time Im here because of RT books, but I no longer trust PB, so I'm exceedingly cautious. Sadly, my FLGS no longer carries PB (burned toooooo many times by the company) so I cant leaf pages to make up my mind. So far, shuffling through the site, I haven't seen anything to restore my confidence, or loosen my pocketbook.
I wish Kevin the best, from one soldier to another. But I dont see any of the quality, the caring, the brilliant ideas or uniform intelligent rules that let the company exist for 20 years. As money gets tighter, and we find more important things than RPGs to spend our money on, I hope PB lasts. But at this point, its more because of nostalgia than any current or personal reasons.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Dave the dragon wrote:Reprint/redesign... amounts to the same thing, to me, if I already have all the info in my old collection of PB Robotech books. Call me cheap, but I'm not interested in paying $20 for nothing more than new cover art. (AKA: the old "cut and paste" PB book making technique)

Have you played since you posted, trying out the book more? I found the RUE to be a major waste of money, and the worst combination errors, typos, and illogical rulings PB had put out yet. It would be a shame to find that their first "new" game is plagued by the same problems; not worth dropping cash on.

As for my comment about Unique service, I was crawling around the site long before the new FAQ forced me to register. I shared (and had suffered first hand) much of the negative views voiced quite freely during the 2002-2005 fan uprisings. In '04 I stopped doing business with the company, came back a year later and found things just as bad. I sniffed around during the "Great betrayal" just over a year ago (I think), mostly out of curiosity about the movie. This time Im here because of RT books, but I no longer trust PB, so I'm exceedingly cautious. Sadly, my FLGS no longer carries PB (burned toooooo many times by the company) so I cant leaf pages to make up my mind. So far, shuffling through the site, I haven't seen anything to restore my confidence, or loosen my pocketbook.
I wish Kevin the best, from one soldier to another. But I dont see any of the quality, the caring, the brilliant ideas or uniform intelligent rules that let the company exist for 20 years. As money gets tighter, and we find more important things than RPGs to spend our money on, I hope PB lasts. But at this point, its more because of nostalgia than any current or personal reasons.
    :?: It's VERY different then the Original RPG, though the basic rules are the same, and 95% of the writing is NEW and it has mecha we haven't seen before and much of the Artwork is new....
    Also I'm curious.... Have you Even TRIED Rifts Ultimate Edition (and all PB books, and many of the WoTC's or other's books for that matter, have typos: it's part of their charm to me)? And I am wondering how has your FLGS been "burned" by Palladium?
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”