Alternate New and Expanded Rifter Index - By Nexusnine

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Alternate New and Expanded Rifter Index - By Nexusnine

Unread post by Rogue Shadow »

(The following post approved by - NMI)

A couple of months ago we at N9 contacted NMI about hosting the Rifter Index that has normally been stickied at the top of this forum. Our idea was to bring the index up to date (and keep it there) as well as to present it in some new fashions that would maximize its usefulness to the Palladium fans here, at Nexusnine and across the internet.

After discussion among the staff at N9, I volunteered to tackle the Rifter Index project and set about adding data, reformatting and resorting the information in various fashions. The result of this work is an index that I hope you will all find easy to navigate and useful for all your Rifter needs.

That said, Nexusnine is happy to present our NEW AND EXPANDED RIFTER INDEX.

The link above will steer you to the Main page of the Rifter index at N9, where you can select one of the different index pages to view. In addition, the links below will take you directly to the different index pages.

RIFTER INDEX BY ISSUE
RIFTER INDEX BY SETTING / SUBJECT
RIFTER INDEX BY AUTHOR
RIFTER INDEX OF OFFICIAL MATERIAL
RIFTER INDEX OF ADVENTURES

Due to its nature, the new Rifter Index is going to be an ongoing project, updated at the very least once every three months (hello issue 40). I say "at the least" because it is also my intention to listen to what people have to say and listen to your suggestions as to how the index could be made better. This original incarnation is indexed in the ways that I felt would be most useful, based on requests I had seen here on these forums. However, these five index styles are not the end of the road.

I am open to any feedback or suggestions that any of you may have regarding these indexes or ideas for different index styles to create. If you have such suggestions, you can post them here, PM me (here or at N9), email me at rogue535@gmail.com or come over to NexusNine and tell me there.

I hope you all like what we have done with the index, and I look forward to your thoughts and input.

Rogue Shadow - Admin - Nexusnine.net
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

This post also being hosted at - here.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:This post also being hosted at - here.

Cool. Appreciate it.
Josh Hilden wrote:That is great!

:ok:

Thanks Josh, glad you like it. :ok:

Any suggestions as to how else the Rifter articles could be indexed? I indexed them by Adventure, Official Material and Author, but there are certainly other ways as well. I am open to suggestions.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rogue Shadow wrote:

Cool. Appreciate it.
you know, while you were there, you could have joined. :D
Last edited by NMI on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Rogue Shadow wrote:

Cool. Appreciate it.
you know, while you were there, you could have joined.

:lol: - My browsing time is limited from work bud, cut me a break. I'll go check it out again from home this weekend.

Sheesh, pressure, pressure, pressure. :D
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

wow! very nice.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Very cool!
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Glad you like. Will be updating it with Rifter #40 as soon as it comes in at my FLGS.
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

I realize that no one has asked, but I wanted to address real quick why the Rifter Index didn't get updated yet.

The short story - My life has been too hectic lately. Almost all of my computer time in the last two months or so has been for work.

I apologize for being slow to update it with Rifter #40. Once things get less hectic I will take care of it promptly.

Thanks.

RS
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Just to drop a note to everyone. The Expanded Rifter Index at Nexusnine.net has been updated through Rifter #41 and now includes information on the Best of the Rifter Issue as well.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Josh Hilden wrote:... and now I am on the list.

:D

Grats!
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Alternate New and Expanded Rifter Index - By Nexusnine

For those interested, I will be working on updating the Rifter Indexes once I get #43. I would have updated it through #42 already, but my wife and I recently had a new baby, so my time has been at a premium. :)
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Glad you like it. :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Will Rifter 42 and 43 be added soon?
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

gaby wrote:Will Rifter 42 and 43 be added soon?

I've no one to blame but umm... the Gnomes, yeah, the Gnomes in my basement. :wink:

I am going to be trying get the index here and at Nexusnine.net updated soon. I actually only had the money to pick up the most recent one in the last couple of weeks. I'm also going to see about getting the Rifter 0 and adding it to the index as well.

Sorry for the delay all.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

this is most useful! thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

This is VERY nice. Looking forward to seeing the new issues added to the list.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

I just updated the Index that is posted here in the forums (see above stickied subject). I am working on the update for the NexusNine version of the Index now.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Rogue Shadow wrote:I just updated the Index that is posted here in the forums (see above stickied subject). I am working on the update for the NexusNine version of the Index now.

You effin' ROCK!
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

The expanded Rifter Index at NexusNine has been updated through issue #44.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

do you think they will update soon?

I like to known what in rifter 45.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'll ask Rogue Shadow when there might be a update. I believe he has been extremely busy as of late.
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Thanks Dustin, for noticing this and bringing it to my attention. Alas, my fellow N9er is correct, my life has been super busy lately and I just haven't had the time to sit down and update it. I am going to do my best to make it a priority in the next week or so to get the index updated, not only to the current issue, but also to correct some things that have been brought to my attention.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Only a year or a half behind. :)
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Regarding official stuff from http://www.nexusnine.net/doc/rftr/03/

Isn't the Q and A from Rifter 9.5 also official? It sure appears to be written that way, joke author names aside.

You know that disclaimer Rifters usually have saying that their content is unofficial? I could not find such a statement in 9.5...

therefore, Trickster/Ludricrous magic and Giga-Damage are canon
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

The list needs to be update with the more recent issues.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Where is the most recent list?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Seeing as how the OP here is 'approved by NMI' I am wondering if that means the NexusNine web pages should be considered canon, or if we should still consider viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77496 to be the primary source, in case of conflict?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Hello everyone,

As my Index seems to be the most prevalent item from Nexusnine on these forums, it seems a good place to make an announcement.

The Nexusnine.net website will be going offline as of June 1st, 2017. There are posts on the Nexusnine forums that elaborate further, but that is the main thrust of it. I hope that everyone has gotten use out of the Index, and I apologize for not keeping it more up to date. As with so many of us in the gaming world, life tends to intrude on my hobby.

There has been interest expressed by others in moving the Index to another site, so it may not permanently go away.

Thank you all.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I'm one of the people who discussed hosting the Rifter Index from the Nexus Nine (though there may be others). For those who still want to access it, one way to do so is to visit my site here:

http://www.prysus.com/rifter_index.htm

I have hopes to one day update these indexes to the current Rifter issues, make any corrections as needed (such as fixing any mistakes or adding any oversights), add a list of artists (maybe), and perhaps a few minor alterations to make this work with my site better. However, I have hit some delays and I am unsure of when I'll be able to perform this update. For now, the lists are included "as is" so that this valuable resource can continue to benefit the various Palladium fans. Thank you for your time and understanding. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

http://www.prysus.com/rifter_index_issue.htm goes up to 44, there are 79 Rifters now so there's a total of 35 missing. Does anyone know if there is an index somewhere which includes those?
Rogue Shadow
Rifter® Contributer

Alright, I have not been around in forever. Is it still NMI I would message about Admin related items pertaining to this post?
Grammarsalad
D-Bee

Re:

Unread post by Grammarsalad »

NMI wrote:This post also being hosted at - here.

is there an updated link? This one doesn't seem to work...

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”