Quatoria

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Quatoria

Unread post by Nikoli »

Was just taking another look at this, my favorite cyborg OCC. They start with no spare clips for their weapons, no vehicle, no melee weapons (Wolfen are suppsoed to carry a ceremonial sword for settling matters of honor). Any thoughts?
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

1D4 extra clips for every weapon they begin with (and the Wulfen have a tendency to use short-range gravitonic weaponry over directed energy systems like lasers...they like their personal combat up close and, well, personal)

A ceremonial sword will be vibro, and since the Wulfen are giant sized, it will do an additional D6 of damage over a regular human-sized weapon of the same design (so if a vibro sword normally does 2D6, the Wulfen version will do 3D6)

As for a vehicle, they probably have a standard hovercar issued to them by the government of the Republic, and like FBI agents have access to a standard fleet of small space craft for use in going from planet to planet. they can also hitch a ride on any Republican and/or Consortium ship that's going in the right direction. I doubt that they would be issued their own, personal starship... they are officers of the law after all, not Runners or Bounty Hunters.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

I agree, but I could find no errata on this. Good to see someone else thinkgs it's a little hinky
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Braden Campbell wrote:1D4 extra clips for every weapon they begin with (and the Wulfen have a tendency to use short-range gravitonic weaponry over directed energy systems like lasers...they like their personal combat up close and, well, personal)

A ceremonial sword will be vibro, and since the Wulfen are giant sized, it will do an additional D6 of damage over a regular human-sized weapon of the same design (so if a vibro sword normally does 2D6, the Wulfen version will do 3D6)

As for a vehicle, they probably have a standard hovercar issued to them by the government of the Republic, and like FBI agents have access to a standard fleet of small space craft for use in going from planet to planet. they can also hitch a ride on any Republican and/or Consortium ship that's going in the right direction. I doubt that they would be issued their own, personal starship... they are officers of the law after all, not Runners or Bounty Hunters.

Sounds good to me.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Sorry, what book is this from? I'm drawing a blank.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Braden Campbell

Phase World - Main book.
Braden, GMPhD

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Braden Campbell wrote:Phase World - Main book.

I should be getting that via UPS this week. I'll have to check that out. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Braden Campbell

If you like space opera at all, then you'll like Phase World.

Plus, with Fleets of the Three Galaxies due out later this year, and three more suppliments to follow that (Thundercloud Galaxy, United Worlds of Warlock, and Corkscrew Galaxy), PLUS, the third Minion War book and the Heroes of the Megaverse suppliment... it's going to be like Rifts on acid!

:ok:
Braden, GMPhD

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Quatoria

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the Rifts Dimension Books Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

They are among the most capable lawmen in Phase World! I believe they can be a lot of fun to play in most games in that setting.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

I'd like to think Arl Xzzyn, Chief of the Lazlo police is one of the Quatoria, would fit the bill perfectly. :)
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Aramanthus
Monk

Any ideas of which book and page he is on? Just out of curiousity.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

There's no real description of him anywhere, it's a colour picture of him (originally from the CCG) in Rifts Ultimate Edition (pg 245)
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh ok! It's been awhile since I've been thru it! Thank you for the info!

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”