Rifter 0 Update (September 27 Update on pg. 7)

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

I've been hearing a lot about this Rifter #0, but have some questions. Is this going to be reprints or material from previous Rifters, like a new 'Best Of Rifter' volume, or is this going to be all-new material?
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I thought it was supposed to be all new material. But I could be wrong. We'll have to wait until the author updates us.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Misfit KotLD wrote:To the best of my knowledge, it will be all new material. I'm waiting to hear if my stuff made the cut.

Yup, it's all new. My article did make the cut. One out of three. :ok:
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Just a quick note to folks. Some of the attributions in the press release aren't correct. They WILL be right in the Rifter itself.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

Well, considering that the arch-mage spells were my submission (well, part of it) i caught that one pretty quickly.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Josh Hilden wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:Well, considering that the arch-mage spells were my submission (well, part of it) i caught that one pretty quickly.

I'm just so happy that my little Santa article is seeing publication.

:D

Actually, I'm kinda happy the project got pushed back this long to where that artical will be even more relevant :D

It was the first submission and after reading it I was kinda kicking my self that it was after christmas.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I am trying to be zen in my mellowness, but it was totally geek kewl to see my Seven Years on Cerebus mentioned in the Press Release about Rifter Zero.

Thanks again to Prince Artemis for launching this project!
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

::Darkstone:: wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Congrats. Get your contract already?

I'm kinda wondering when those contracts will be going out. Haven't received mine yet, and my art's been approved...

But then, I'm impatient ;)

Contract?? :?
I thought the waiver thingy we had to mail in was it. :-?
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Spinachcat wrote:I am trying to be zen in my mellowness, but it was totally geek kewl to see my Seven Years on Cerebus mentioned in the Press Release about Rifter Zero.

Thanks again to Prince Artemis for launching this project!

I was amazed you sent in something that cool and that well done into Rifter0 actually.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

devillin wrote:
::Darkstone:: wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Congrats. Get your contract already?

I'm kinda wondering when those contracts will be going out. Haven't received mine yet, and my art's been approved...

But then, I'm impatient ;)

Contract?? :?
I thought the waiver thingy we had to mail in was it. :-?

That was your end of things. That was so I and pally could read them really. Now there will be a contract specific for this. Because the nature of this project is so different from the status quo they have to make a different type of contract.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Prince Artemis wrote:I was amazed you sent in something that cool and that well done into Rifter0 actually.

You are being way too kind!

My big hope is that Seven Years on Cerebus will to do the following

1) Help sell copies of Rifter0 to help Palladium! I think the Rifter0 project is a great idea to both help Palladium and act as PB's tiptoe into the PDF market to test those waters.

2) Be a fun Rifts / Splicers crossover that introduces the kewlness of Splicers to the larger Rifts audience. If SYoC could help sell more Splicers books that would rock.

3) Allow players to replay the Siege of Tolkeen's tech vs. magic issues in microcosm across a limited campaign. My hope is that some gaming groups will actually run the campaign at home! That would be sweet.
Aramanthus
Monk

Congrats to you and all of your writers Prince Artemis! I hope it sees publishing soon!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Just to let you know, I got an email from Kevin and everything that I sent to him is a go. Time for me to get to work I think :D

Incidentally though, I have already started laying the thing out, so anyone that has any last minute changes to their articles should send them to me ASAP so I have time to review them before including them.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Copied from the All Things Palladium Books area

Just to let people know, I just finished an initial layout of Rifter0. That's the cover, and that articles. That doesn't include the warning on the front page, the table of contents, Kevin's Letter, my little blurb, the catalogue, ect. It's basically just the actual content.

Well, for those of you wondering if you were going to get your money's worth (not that I know the price yet, but it's supposed to be low) there are 93 pages. That's just the content itself. That rules. Oh, also, about art work. There's not going to be much. Most of the artists that volunteered didn't follow through with the art itself. On guy did however. He's the guy who did the cover and he's currently busy whipping up some interior art for me. His stuff is really good and will give this original product an even more original feel. I'm not going to say who it is, and I'm asking he doesn't either to lend more to the surprise, but it should be good.

Oh, and for those of you that are curious, I'm using Adobe InDesign CS2. This is the same product used by most newspapers industries today.
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds AWESOME!!! Thank you for the update!

HH....FIE
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Its a Rifter. I dont think any of it will be official. But the skills would be nice if they are made official. So would any of the material.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”