Starting a New HU Game Soon

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Starting a New HU Game Soon

Unread post by Sureshot »

One of my friends is planning to run a HU soon. I was thinking of a Bionic character or trying to get him to incorprate material from Splicers. I looking for feedback from those who have played a Bionic character and their experiences as it's the first time I might be playing one. I'm also looking for any feedback from anyone who has combined HU and Splicers toghter.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Sureshot
Champion

So no love for the Bionics Category in HU and so far only one response. Although I have watched both the live action and anime version of Guyver you letting me know about it is much appreciated. I will pitch your suggestion to the GM.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'd actually recommend looking at some stuff from the Rifts Bionics book if you're looking for new things for your character. Just change the values to SDC and maybe tweak the prices a bit. Have you also looked at/considered just making a Eugenic Character from PU2 if you're looking at stuff from Splicers?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Sureshot
Champion

Daniel Stoker wrote:I'd actually recommend looking at some stuff from the Rifts Bionics book if you're looking for new things for your character. Just change the values to SDC and maybe tweak the prices a bit. Have you also looked at/considered just making a Eugenic Character from PU2 if you're looking at stuff from Splicers?

Daniel Stoker

I had forgotten about the Rifts Bionic Book so I will take a look at it and I will ask if my GM is okay with me using the book for ideas. As for an Eugenic character that was my first choice but my GM is does not like the Eugenics Category that much.

Enlightened Grognard

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

If the Bionics category is not flying with you, take a look at the new options for the Super Soldier (experiment category).. thay can have some nifty bionic features which might work well for you and your GM.

The Robotics section has a chunk of info for the Exoskeleton Pilot.. often overlooked, this is a good option if you want the power of the cyborg without most of the disadvantages.. you can take the armor off, you probably have lots of tech support, and the capabilities of robotic systems can often be better than the cybernetic versions.
Sureshot
Champion

AJ Pickett wrote:If the Bionics category is not flying with you, take a look at the new options for the Super Soldier (experiment category).. thay can have some nifty bionic features which might work well for you and your GM.

The Robotics section has a chunk of info for the Exoskeleton Pilot.. often overlooked, this is a good option if you want the power of the cyborg without most of the disadvantages.. you can take the armor off, you probably have lots of tech support, and the capabilities of robotic systems can often be better than the cybernetic versions.

I find the AR of Exoskeletons way too low. Short of asking the GM if it would be okay to increase it I find it way too easy to be hit. Though it might be something I might look at if I choose not to pick Bionics.

Enlightened Grognard

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Sureshot wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:I'd actually recommend looking at some stuff from the Rifts Bionics book if you're looking for new things for your character. Just change the values to SDC and maybe tweak the prices a bit. Have you also looked at/considered just making a Eugenic Character from PU2 if you're looking at stuff from Splicers?

Daniel Stoker

I had forgotten about the Rifts Bionic Book so I will take a look at it and I will ask if my GM is okay with me using the book for ideas. As for an Eugenic character that was my first choice but my GM is does not like the Eugenics Category that much.

Take a look at the Cyber-Humanoid from the Rifts Bionic book, that might work out rather well for a Heroes game.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

some of the Triax borgs might work too
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”