Why cancel Nightbane: Shadows of Light?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I admit i haven't read the whole thread yet, so please don't bite my head off if this has been brought up. How about distribute Shadows of Light (and any other out of print books for that matter) as downloadable .PDFs? Sell them for $10-$15 a piece, almost no overhead... Hell, you could have an Intern make a master copy with manuscripts and a scanner... think about it. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

sawg138 wrote:
asajosh wrote:I admit i haven't read the whole thread yet, so please don't bite my head off if this has been brought up. How about distribute Shadows of Light (and any other out of print books for that matter) as downloadable .PDFs? Sell them for $10-$15 a piece, almost no overhead... Hell, you could have an Intern make a master copy with manuscripts and a scanner... think about it. :D

You'd trust Galactus Kid (Brandon Aten) with a scanner? He's a hazard with a dustpan.

LOL, don't know the fellow personally so couldn't say... Dust pan hazzard? Really? :shock:

Fine fine, send me the manuscripts, I got nothing but time till the surgery. I'll use me own copy o' Adobe Acrobat and me own scanner, all I ask is a copy of each .PDF I make for personal use :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

personally for the most part i liked sol. I never could get a feeling for the anetholes. (yes i know i spelled it wrong) So when I do my campains I ignore them. I thought the reapers were an interesting minor menace, one to throw at them while on an important mission as a red herring or as encounters for when the party is enjoying some r&r,or to have them as a tool to show some formerly good guyès snapping after the horrors of dark day. I liked the city and vampire write up the best. The one thing that aggravated me the most would have to be the dark slayer O.C.C. Do to the fact that they edited out the Templar order and left the occ as it was.
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this book actually published for a short while? I could have sworn I saw it on the shelf at my local gaming store but at the time hadn't played it in years so didn't pick it up (which if it was in fact this book, I'll kick myself for missing the opportunity to own it).

If it was actually published, and the only real reason it isn't being published now is because of Palladium's financial issues, why isn't it being offered online as a PDF?

It would take minimal man hours (I'm guessing less than 20) to get a PDF of it ready for sale, using a high speed high resolution scanner that a publishing company is likely to already have. You could sell it at $5 and break even on the man-hours spent digitalizing it with less than 50 sales. After that it's pure profit. That would help Palladium's financial difficulties I'm guessing.

If there's an extra copy of the book laying around the Palladium office, I'm sure some people out there would be willing to digitalize it for a free copy of the book, all it would cost Palladium then is the cost of that single hardcopy.

If the text is all there, why not do it this way? All that time wasted on editing a book, assembling it, purchasing the art, etc. Might as well recover some money from it. And there's always the option to sell hardcopies of it at a future date, many people who bought the PDF would still buy the book just to have a hardcopy they can keep in their backpack and use at gaming sessions where a computer isn't conveniently located. I know other gaming companies sell both hardcopy and digital versions and I know several people who have a digital and hardcopy of the same books, one for tabletop use and the digital copy to use on their laptop while away from their books, or the digital copy on their thumbdrive to read on their PC at work, etc.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

LostOne wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this book actually published for a short while?

Yup. Looking at my copy right now in fact.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

LostOne wrote:If the text is all there, why not do it this way? All that time wasted on editing a book, assembling it, purchasing the art, etc. Might as well recover some money from it. And there's always the option to sell hardcopies of it at a future date, many people who bought the PDF would still buy the book just to have a hardcopy they can keep in their backpack and use at gaming sessions where a computer isn't conveniently located.

Just to clarify something: Having sold out of the original print run, Palladium has already broken even and then some on the cost of production. The decision to discontinue the book would have more to do with the fact that they don't feel it would sell well enough, quick enough to recoup printing costs this time around.

As far as PDF, none of their online material is up yet. So for now it is a moot point. As for it being offered in the future as a PDF, it might be a possibility (much like reprinting it) unless Kevin no longer feels it is representative of the product he wishes to sell. But who knows, we can only wait and see. Especially with the new sourcebook slated for early next year.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I will be getting the Minion Wars books, Just becasue they are Crossovers into HU and PF.......Maybe thay could work in a NB crossover book to :D Or just a small book about the size of a rifter. I wouldn't even mind if it was just a side story from the main minionwar books.
Holy Cow! It totally forgot Nightbane in the Devil/Daemon War! That should be mentioned! Curse me for not thinking of it myself.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Zenvis wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I will be getting the Minion Wars books, Just becasue they are Crossovers into HU and PF.......Maybe thay could work in a NB crossover book to :D Or just a small book about the size of a rifter. I wouldn't even mind if it was just a side story from the main minionwar books.
Holy Cow! It totally forgot Nightbane in the Devil/Daemon War! That should be mentioned! Curse me for not thinking of it myself.

Nah, it is talked about in Hades. While they apparently know about Nightbane Earth there are a couple good reasons why the war won't spread there.

1) Comparitively hard to get there and back. Thus, not really a good jumping-off point.

2) Too hostile an atmosphere! The Nightlords don't like demons (with the notable exception of Lilith, but she's made her alliance already) and Nightbane aren't typically too fond of them either. Thus, Nightbane Earth is more trouble than it's worth.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I do not think the line is stagnent . IF one was to use the rifter material they could add quite a bit of stuff . AS a matter of fact threw the Rifter is exactly how I got into the nightbane setting . I at current have Nightbane Rule book as well as Between the Shadows. I am eagerly awaiting Nightlands as well as Glass Darkly. My Regular grp never does anything half - way . If I leave a small opening for possibly exploring another form of reality they then go balls to the wall kickin an screaming an bust the door down . So before I get them into the nightbane world TOO heavily I have to have ALL the core books lol . I told them I just recieved Hades an they were like SWEET shall I pack my bags ? I was like you actually WANT to GO to HELL ? oh the fun I shall have in there as the GM haha . Well thats my 2 cp's on this . An btw .. I do absolutly LOVE what I am reading on the Nightbane setting in Books 1 and 2 so far . Great works .

-Lenwen.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I just as of this morning had help hunting down this very hard to find book an it has now been added to the small collection an should arrive by the end of next week . I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of this book since it was a hot bed of debate on being good or not so good .

-Lenwen.
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

one way to get ahold of the book for its actual price or maybe a bit less. Is to go to your gaming store and ask the owner if he can get you a copy. You may find that his distributer has a few lying around that he was unable to get rid of. That is how I got my copy and all of the rifters after they were discontinued .
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Raist25m wrote:Ouch! Was digging around online, and found a copy for sale on Amazon. Only a 200 dollar bill. Woo Hoo! :eek:

They'll be sitting on that book for a very long time, too.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Today this morn I recieved my Copy of Shadows of Luclin . I will say this much . I really REALLY like it . Perhaps its simply due to me first time ever checking out the Nightbane setting an now have core book , between the shadows as well as Shadows of Luclin . Waitn on the other two books from my Xmas grab bag if it ever arrives :oops: anyways I think I might be a bit biased here heh but yeah in my opionion this is a VERY very good work an very well thought out on some of the consepts Good work Jason Vey and Palladium on this book :D

-Lenwen.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Shadows of Luclin is an EverQuest expansion.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Bah I ment Shadows of LIGHT :-? .. haha my apologies . peeps . but yet I still LOVE that book :D I have a roomie that plays that everquest game prolly why I accidentally said that one haha again my apologies .

-Lenwen.
LostOne
Champion

Re: Why cancel Nightbane: Shadows of Light?

Unread post by LostOne »

Kevin wrote:[We may reprint the book at some point in the future (as in years in the future) or we may offer it as a PDF next year for a reasonable fee (we may be offering a number of our out of print books as PDF files in the year to come).

Any update on this? If the first print took that long to sell out, PDF would be the way to go and it's been more than a year since you posted this.

It would take few man-hours to get the book into PDF format, then all sales of it is pure profit after you sell the few copies needed to cover the conversion cost.

You already have the finished copy of the book, rather than let it sit in storage somewhere not making money, you might as well put it out in PDF and make money.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

It may have just been me, but I felt that there were a lot of things in SOL that not only didn't fit in with the overall RPG.

Fallen Guardians.. (The ultimate good guys just going bad..Lame)

The Gregorians who can apparently sense nightbane even though they aren't actually nightbane. (Which is odd in of itself but even more odd is that they can't mirrorwalk.. So not a whole lot of point having a creature that's almost a bane, but doesn't have the vital tools to combat the minions of the Nightlords.)

Vampires seducing minions of the Nightlords.. (Aren't these two fractions in direct competition withone another? They should be fighting over food not, having lame relationships.)

The whole thing just didn't seem to fit the setting.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

UR Leader Hobbes wrote:It may have just been me, but I felt that there were a lot of things in SOL that not only didn't fit in with the overall RPG.

Fallen Guardians.. (The ultimate good guys just going bad..Lame)

The Gregorians who can apparently sense nightbane even though they aren't actually nightbane. (Which is odd in of itself but even more odd is that they can't mirrorwalk.. So not a whole lot of point having a creature that's almost a bane, but doesn't have the vital tools to combat the minions of the Nightlords.)

Vampires seducing minions of the Nightlords.. (Aren't these two fractions in direct competition withone another? They should be fighting over food not, having lame relationships.)

The whole thing just didn't seem to fit the setting.

I'll pretty much agree with those opinions, as well as there having been way too many unneeded beasties thrown in. I have discussed this with others, and one good explanation I've heard is that it seemed as though he had an idea for his own setting and rather than make it he shoe-horned it into a Nightbane supplement. It would explain the drastic departure in tone.

I, for one, hope the new book goes back toward the original feel of the setting. :)
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

ash_wednesday wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
UR Leader Hobbes wrote:The whole thing just didn't seem to fit the setting.

That's always been my take. There's some good stuff in it, just not for a Nightbane game.

Which is why I assume Kevin doesn't like the work.

I don't get that. If he didn't like it, why did it go to the printers at all? I'm guessing he thought it was great until the initial fan reactions started getting back to him combined with low sales.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

ash_wednesday wrote:He really needed to redo the whole book but didn't have the time to do it.

So shelve it until he has time. Palladium used to be more concerned about product quality, if it's really as bad as people say. I never saw it so can't judge for myself.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

ash_wednesday wrote:Probly couldn't shelve it since he had comitments and agreements to get to the printers. I guess he edited it as best as he could with the little time he had.

I dont know about that ... From everything I've seen read an heard Kevin has the sole power to say yea or nae .. on virtually any product his company puts out at all .

I have a copy of SoL an I like alot of whats in the book itself . I use some of it time to time . Just not in the Nightbane dimension but rather in Rifts Earth setting heh .

-Lenwen.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Lenwen wrote:
ash_wednesday wrote:Probly couldn't shelve it since he had comitments and agreements to get to the printers. I guess he edited it as best as he could with the little time he had.

I dont know about that ... From everything I've seen read an heard Kevin has the sole power to say yea or nae .. on virtually any product his company puts out at all .

I have a copy of SoL an I like alot of whats in the book itself . I use some of it time to time . Just not in the Nightbane dimension but rather in Rifts Earth setting heh .

You've got that right for the most part Lenwen. Of course, there is still a pretty good explanation for the plight of SoL. Almost any writer (myself included) can tell you that they've written something in their career (typically early) that they thought was as awesome as it gets. Then, they step away for a while and work on other things.

Before long, a year or more goes by and they happen to stumble across the piece while re-arranging papers or cleaning off a hard drive. Once they shake the dust of and read it... it's CRAP! They find themselves thinking "What was I on when I wrote this garbage?" :shock:

In Kevin's case, he has admitted to not being the best one to wrap his head around the Nightbane setting for various reasons (one of which is that it isn't a setting that he created). So, it could have easily been the case that he got a manuscript that wasn't nearly up to par and did his best to put together something that the fans would like only to have it fall flat on its face in the marketplace. Of course, I'd say that with the overall quality of stuff that Palladium produces, they're entitled to a stinkbomb every great now and again. :lol:
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Warwolf wrote:Of course, I'd say that with the overall quality of stuff that Palladium produces, they're entitled to a stinkbomb every great now and again. :lol:

aw, it's not that bad, as a matter of fact, I dont consider it a bad book at all. the others in the series were better, yeah, but still, there were a lot of nice ideas in it.

maybe the book would have even worked better without KS who "has admitted to not being the best one to wrap his head around the Nightbane setting for various reasons" fumbling around with it.
:-?
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Vidynn wrote:maybe the book would have even worked better without KS who "has admitted to not being the best one to wrap his head around the Nightbane setting for various reasons" fumbling around with it.

Sometimes I wonder (but hope it doesn't really happen because then Palladium might go under) how many great manuscripts Kevin is sitting on that might never see print until Kevin were to retire or die...
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Vidynn wrote:maybe the book would have even worked better without KS who "has admitted to not being the best one to wrap his head around the Nightbane setting for various reasons" fumbling around with it.

I've been privy to a couple of issues with the original manuscript. Believe me, it wasn't Kevin's doing...

As far as whether or not the book was good, that is obviously a matter of opinion. I was just offering my semi-professional one on the issue. :)
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Nightbane would be my favorite rpg setting of all time. I know that if there is any book that I would buy from Palladium it would be another Nightbane book. I own all of them though... and I've bought quite a few of your other titles but Nightbane is the only one that I'm still interested in running. It's the only setting out there that I can't say that someone else is doing a better job. WoD doesn't hold a candle to the flavor of Nightbane.

It would be nice if someone could bring the story of Nightbane forward... I personally liked what Jason Vey did.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Specter, check the press releases and such. There is one in production. I do wish we'd get more titular than "Nightbane Sourcebook" though.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

How does Nightbane Sourcebook #5 strike you Misfit?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Jefffar wrote:How does Nightbane Sourcebook #5 strike you Misfit?

Craptacularly. :P
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Specter, check the press releases and such. There is one in production. I do wish we'd get more titular than "Nightbane Sourcebook" though.

There were rumors of such a book last time I was on here... a while ago.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Did those rumors include mention in press releases?
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Specter wrote:There were rumors of such a book last time I was on here... a while ago.

How long ago was that? It might have been when Shadows of Light was still getting worked on.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I own Shadows of Light... owned if before I left. So, probably not.

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Specter wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Specter, check the press releases and such. There is one in production. I do wish we'd get more titular than "Nightbane Sourcebook" though.

How's this for a "rumor," The Nightbane Survival Guide will be the next manuscript Kev goes over for the purposes of evaluation for print. That means that other than products that are currently in production (such as Dyval and Dead Reign) this book is next in line. That's effectively the word from Kev himself as per our conversation the week before last. He's shooting for the first quarter of '09 if not earlier for its release. The reason for its long delay? Same as everything else, the logjam with Dyval and Project X has prevented Kevin from taking a look at it. So keep your fingers crossed, folks. :)
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
Specter wrote:

How's this for a "rumor," The Nightbane Survival Guide will be the next manuscript Kev goes over for the purposes of evaluation for print. That means that other than products that are currently in production (such as Dyval and Dead Reign) this book is next in line. That's effectively the word from Kev himself as per our conversation the week before last. He's shooting for the first quarter of '09 if not earlier for its release. The reason for its long delay? Same as everything else, the logjam with Dyval and Project X has prevented Kevin from taking a look at it. So keep your fingers crossed, folks. :)

And much improved over "Nightbane Sourcebook." :P
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Well, if they do put out another nightbane book... I'll just have to buy it. Unless it's a bunch of reprints of stuff in other books. That's bothersome.

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I'd be surprised if there is a lot of reprints. There's too much untouched potential in this setting to bother with reprints.

It takes a game getting good and bloated like Rifts before you can really justify reprinting something because not everyone will own the old book and the material is relevant to the new one, etc.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

I don't know what all is going to get cut, but I can tell you there is a large amount of new material.

Yes, I've seen the manuscript.

How?

I'm half of the team that wrote it.

Now, before I get an influx of PMs asking about the book, I need people to remember something. It is still an unreviewed manuscript at this point, which means anything that is currently in it is up in the air. So, I can't be definitive or talk too much about what I and my writing partner put in there, but I can at least tell you that we are trying to take Nightbane "back to its roots" so to speak.

Now that the cat is fully out of the bag, I want to apologize for being elusive and dropping hints about the new book. I didn't want to get your guys' and gals' hopes up too much about a book that may or may not have seen the light of day (but at the same time I wanted to keep some buzz going about the potential for new stuff). After Kev started mentioning to people at GenCon that I was part of the writing team tackling Nightbane, I figured it is a pretty safe bet that he plans on putting out our book. So, it definitely looks like we'll have some new material by early next year (if not sooner). But we all know that things can happen in the meantime, so don't send me hate-mail if it's release is pushed back further, okay? :?
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Vicious talents, and more nightland creatures?

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Specter wrote:Vicious talents, and more nightland creatures?

Well, I can't say for certain. Some new talents were included in the manuscript (but might be cut), but no Nightlands creatures were (but might be added... though I doubt it).
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:...so don't send me hate-mail if it's release is pushed back further, okay? :?

What are valid reasons for sending you hate mail? :P
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Misfit KotLD wrote:What are valid reasons for sending you hate mail? :P

This is supposed to be a relatively family-friendly board... so I can't even begin to list them. :lol:
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:What are valid reasons for sending you hate mail? :P

This is supposed to be a relatively family-friendly board... so I can't even begin to list them. :lol:

Just checking.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Thanks for offering your perspective and additional insight on the matter, Jason. And from one of the new writers, thanks for sticking your neck out there to help keep Nightbane going (all debate of the quality of that effort aside). I can only hope that the new book leads to a number of new supplements for the line and a re-invigorated fanbase, because you're right that it needs more support. :)
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Thought Id resurface to look for one of my favorite books, only to find its been cancelled. *sigh* Same old complaints: Cant keep a line alive, but putting out new ones; focus on one to the exclusion of most all else and wonder why we the fans move on. pity, guess I'll leave again.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Dave the dragon wrote:Thought Id resurface to look for one of my favorite books, only to find its been cancelled. *sigh* Same old complaints: Cant keep a line alive, but putting out new ones; focus on one to the exclusion of most all else and wonder why we the fans move on. pity, guess I'll leave again.

You realize, that the book "Shadows of Light" has been out of print for a couple of years now right? :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Dave the dragon wrote:Thought Id resurface to look for one of my favorite books, only to find its been cancelled. *sigh* Same old complaints: Cant keep a line alive, but putting out new ones; focus on one to the exclusion of most all else and wonder why we the fans move on. pity, guess I'll leave again.

You realize, that the book "Shadows of Light" has been out of print for a couple of years now right? :D

Which should show how rarely I bother to come anymore. Ive voiced my complaints in another thread, though. When the new book comes out (if it ever does) I'll look, but probably not buy. I had hoped that the "Shadows of Light" was representing a new direction, and a very interesting one. Hopefully, some of it will be returned in one form or another. Im sorry Mr Vey had some bad luck, and hope he will try other things for PB. His is a talent that could serve very well in the future.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Not to mention that whole Nightbane Sourcebook Five.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Dave the dragon
Explorer

It probably got bumped for "Dead Reign" or whatever the new line is. :( More books no one in my area will even open, yet the few well recieved lines wither away. :(
Dave the dragon
Explorer

welcome to the boards, Karsus

Return to “Nightbane®”