Lazlo Villains

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Lazlo Villains

Unread post by Jefffar »

So right now Lazlo seems to be overrun with villains with speaking parts (and that are apparently threatening to nuke Moscow amoung other threats) and the body count in very public actions has climbed into the dozens.

Right now the boards look like some supernatural version of 24.

Now I have nothing against action (I am one of our longest serving and most prolific gun toting maniacs) I just want to know - does anybody else think it has gone too far? Does anybody else think we need to go back to the Lazlo Society being populated by people affiliated with the Lazlo Society rather than the people trying to kill them?

I dunno, it kinda takes away from the mystery and power of the badguys if we are watching them cuss like a sailor and fight amoung themselves.

Some of the stories are really interesting, but I think the Lazlo people should tell more of the story, not the badguys.

Just my 2 cents, do what you do with your own stories.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Garm
D-Bee

Unread post by Garm »

Alot of the arcs are getting a bit out hand in my opinion. I would like to see it toned down a bit, maybe only one at a time running rampant on the board?

We oganize story lines all the time I am sure we can organize only one vocal villian at a time on the forum. One is not as bad as three or more going off at once. it is a strain to be involved in more than one story line at a time. I like the idea behind most of the current villians, just need smaller doses of them at a time.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Yeah there was the one guy who thinks he can command a B-52 or equivalent to make a strafing run over Konthaak and my neighborhood. Yeah right.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Natasha

Unread post by Natasha »

Yea, originally we wanted to have dym to kick open the door, rattle off a bunch of explicatives, and then fade into the background, but then that lasted longer than we expected. But we are there now and he is more or less shut up; now we begin exploring Natasha's brain, which will also be much more behind the scenes going forward. Probably went about setting the tone the wrong way... not real sure. Although none of us are particularly happy with how it is going. Hehe.

We look forward to The Gentleman's demise.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Beyond the Supernatural is heavily reliant on suspension of disbelief.

Stuff like that ruins the setting (and throws suspension of disbelief right out the window).

It's the main reason that I don't post there as much as I would like.

~Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Ninjabunny wrote::?
The Lazlo Society

~Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

No problem, NB.

~Josh
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Debunker, with his self apointed mission of proving to the society that the sueprnatural was not real, was a great foil for the society.

The personality clashes surrounding Celeste (which echo somewhat after her death) also add onboard conflict.

The idea that members of the society might be rivals or enemies, but still serve the society's goals can create some interesting oppourunities.

We can safely say that Ben and Ron are going to avoid each other whenever possible for example. Which may mean that co-operation between other board members gets strained.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Darkknyt's stories move in that direction . . . we should probably pay more attention to them.

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Shady Character wrote:I also really would have liked to see how he explained Celeste. Would have made for one heck of a story I think.
"Huh, another faulty thermometer. Fifth one this week."

Yea and too much knowledge is definitely last on Scotty's list of problems.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Sasha is, actually.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

The Russianites
Can we sell it? No? Can we eat it? No? Can we !@#$ it? No? Then kill it.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Make sure that helmet has a chin strap.

But, seriously, there are aberrations all over personal philosophies. Unless you are darknyht :P
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Note: never let darknyht and vanya meet. ever.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

CaptRory wrote:That's not very fair. Bert was the second person that I know of who gave Cee a chance. He was edged out only by Dante and only by a few weeks.

We were never actively opposed to her.

Anything is possible and we thought that was great tension in that, in wanting to try, to believe (unbelievable is unbelievable whether it is monsters under your bed or curing a werewolf) but also being willing to slide in the stake, too. That is some intense tension. At least, it could be.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

LazNat and Sasha are the only humans on the team, and Sasha is weird (in more ways than several). Everyone else were mutants, created by scientific experiments.

Vanya (Ivan) is an alien from the HU - the ones that look like skeletons. I cannot remember anything about them except they are a dying race and they have a sort of psi-sword or something like that. Any access to HU books are thousands of miles away.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

:lol: yea I can see how that would play out.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Shady Character wrote:And then he gets to deal with her in her human form?

Well, then it becomes a no brainer! :D
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Shady Character wrote:You sure about that Lather? I think I remeber the race you are talking about, and if I remeber right they looked human? They just favored an Armors that had skelatal motif.
I could be wrong thou.

Aaaaah maybe that is it. I remember they had some scarey look to them but they were really nice guys. More or less.

He knows that juicers can run fast be it is unclear whether she died tired or not.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

What for do we need to drag Poland into thi...... aaaaah.

What colour of polish? Black, blood red?
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

:shock:
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I have an answer, though I don't know if it is the correct one.
gaby
Knight

Re: Lazlo Villains

Unread post by gaby »

Any villains in a BtS,s game needs a good Personality.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”