An age old debate...finally laid to rest?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Winter wrote:
The Beast wrote:You can talk all you want about your ninjas, your knights, your pirates, your samuri, your Romans, and your horse archers all you want. I'll still be sticking with my M16 and my radio.

Two things:

1. What are you going to do when you run out of bullets for your little M16 and batteries for your radio, you'll never run out of your sword now will you :) Besides my F88 Aus Styer is better than a M16 anyday.... :D

The answer depends on how many I'm facing. If it's just one guy and I'm not taken by surpise I'm not going to have time to empty the first clip because he'll already be dead. If it's several people, I work in a area that has several trained people with M16s, M4s, M203s (although I don't think my unit has any rounds other than the training ones) and M249s. Plus they would have to get past the guards who are on the lookout for people sneaking themselves and/or weapons into the base.

Oh, about your F88, all I have to say is "Mine's loaded."
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Fastest way I know of to destroy an F88... Toss Bore cleaner on it. the same stuff you use to remove that last stubborn bit of fouling from the grooves of your barrel. the solvent will eat the body and magazines of the F88.
greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

duck-foot wrote:Ok as a person well versed in ancient history and tactics both imploed a samurai would not beat a knight. the knights armor is to tough for the chopping (they didnt slice, damnit) katana.

You clearly aren't well versed if you think the katana was a chopping weapon.
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Video

Unread post by Grandil »

Kuseru-the link no longer works, you-tube has taken them off
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

duck-foot wrote:Ok as a person well versed in ancient history and tactics both imploed a samurai would not beat a knight. the knights armor is to tough for the chopping (they didnt slice, damnit) katana.

Interesting Duck, which tactics did you focus on? Same for history, as I'm actually looking for factual, historic information about ancient tactics, specifically those of the Spartans. After I saw the 300, I've really been interested to find out more about their battle tactics.

Thanks!!

:D --GJ.
"Wujcik rules!!!"
greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

duck-foot wrote:It was chopping and thrusting it really did not slice. slice being like a kinife. infact although all swords can do that most warriors were not trained to do so. so yes a samurai could slice. but, he was not trained to do so.

Do you hold rank in any martial art from that time? There movements were slices, not chops.

I don't care that you worked for cold steel, it matters what your job was there.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Is this debate STILL going?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”