Question re: my Atorian Empire game @ the O.H.

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Choose One..

Play as the Atorians
53%
Play against the Atorians
47%

Total votes: 15

NMI
OLD ONE

Question re: my Atorian Empire game @ the O.H.

Unread post by NMI »

Here is a question for all of you to ponder and hopefully respond to.

Would find it more fun to play as the powerful yet mysterious Atorians themselves (this would allow more of the Atorians, their methods, gear to be previewed) or play "against" the Atorians (rebels fighting the good fight, pirates, etc... this again would allow the Atorians methods, gear and the extremes they will go through to eliminate a problem.)

I may end up running both versions. Atleast one of these will be run as a scheduled game @ the Open House, the other will be an unscheduled game @ the Open House or as a pick me up game @ hotel.

I am leaning towards the first idea to be run as my main scheduled game.

Thanks for listening and responding.

(And yes, I am still running a Splicers game as well @ the Open House)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Against. I like being the underdog.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Against. I like being the underdog.
There aint no phone booths in outerspace.... there are all of those super powered canine races though... hmmm Dergin/Wardion superhero!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Against. I like being the underdog.

I feel the same way :lol: but it appears I am the minority as I am the only one that voted against so far :P
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Here's a thought:

Run the first group as a team of Atorians sent to secure a strategic resource (whether that be a place, thing, or even person). Then, the second group could be tasked with retaking the objective (if the first group is unseccessful, a second force could have captured it). With a little work, I think this would be incredibly fun to play (and GM).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I may just have to run both and let the Splicers game be the after hours game.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm not running this year simply because i actually want to play.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm not running this year simply because i actually want to play.

Look bub, if you don't have Triax 2 out by late April then you are going to be running a welcome to Germany game whether you like it or not.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Play as the Atorians so you can get a better feel for thir gear.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Scott Sanderson wrote:I prefer the concept of learning about new weapons, equipment and strategies by playing against them. Plus, if you throw in Quester's idea then the player group could have a couple of the gadgets too. Plus, then we can see the Atorians in all their glory rather than wondering if we're actually living up to what they're supposed to be.

Hardcore, badass, man-hating b*tches, I could find a couple of my ex-GFs to play them. :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I actually plan on running both versions... 1st game against, 2nd game as.

Return to “Palladium Open House”