Crazies Psionics

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

A MOM implant is cybernetics in that it is a mechanical/electrical device implanted in a human body. However, it acts very differently from most cyberware, even most cyberware that interacts with the brain.

Take, for example, a headjack. A headjack does a specific thing... it allows the brain to interface with other devices. This might be a radio, a computer, or whatever, but it's essentially just a piece equipment that's plugged into the brain... a bit of weight that, while useful, drags it down. If you use your brain for anything unusual (say, tossing cars), this could be a problem.

A MOM system is like an exoskeleton for the brain.... on par with the powered armor from Starship Troopers, instead of the power armor from Rifts. It's main purpose is to enhance its natural functions. It speeds them up. Crazies don't become smarter, per se, but they think and react faster, their muscles get stronger, their bodies last longer, because this "exoskeleton" is helping them do a lot of heavy lifting. In the course of doing this, it gives them some abilities they didn't have before... the psychic powers. This is usually seen as opening up potentials that they always had, but just weren't available without the exoskeleton carrying more of the "weight."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre

Re: Crazies Psionics

gadrin wrote:a Crazy gets their Psionics via MOM implants, which are technically cybernetic like devices.

do further cybernetics (assuming they get them) or bionics kill these MOM psi powers off, like they would in other CCs ? (where do you start counting?)

Everything not psynetc.

o the Crazy psionics manifest in RCCs that can't have psionics ?

No.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Re: Crazies Psionics

gadrin wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Everything not psynetc.

cool, so my pre-RUE orc crazy can get Cyber-armor and Amplified hearing and not have his psi-powers touched...cool. 8-)

Given that he has no psi-powers, since orcs do not have them, sure.

All Palladium Articles
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

CRAZY CYBERNETICS

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

I've ofen wonderd something similar in regards to the implants in Psyscpape that grant psionic powers. Do cybernetics interfere with those? Can a cyborg get those? A full conversion borg with some of those implants could do some serious damage. :demon:
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Library Ogre

IMO, MOM devices that are not specifically psynetic devices will not provide psi powers.

All Palladium Articles

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”