Help on Creatures of Magic

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Long Shadow
Dungeon Crawler

Help on Creatures of Magic

Unread post by Long Shadow »

I'm doing research for a rifter article and i'm looking for references to specifically creatures of magic.

So more specifically, I'm looking for a list of creatures of magic and examples of humans becoming creatures of magic.

My list so far includes dragons, faeries, russian woodland spirits, ki-lin, sphinx, unicorn, griffin, pegasus, Za and tentatively true dinosaurs (they exhibit evolved magic abilities)

As for humans, I have High Magus (or was it Lord?), Man-Wolves, transformation via Shadow Self and D-Shifters..

All comments would be appreciated :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Help on Creatures of Magic

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Long Shadow wrote:snip...

My list so far includes dragons, faeries, russian woodland spirits, ki-lin, sphinx, unicorn, griffin, pegasus, Za and tentatively true dinosaurs (they exhibit evolved magic abilities)

As for humans, I have High Magus (or was it Lord?), Man-Wolves, transformation via Shadow Self and D-Shifters..

Dinosaurs would not be CoM, becasue they arn't magical in low magic enviroments.

As for humans...I belive the Magus type turn into SNat equivlents, Man-Wolves(where are they found?), Shadow self-transformation...not a CoM but magical, D-Shifters are a Race/RCC, NightLords are SNat too, along with Gaurdiens and wampyres. Basicly,if you're a human char its easyer to become SuperNatural then becoming a CoM.

You would need something like a perm Metamophisis: Fearie spell to become a CoM.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Help on Creatures of Magic

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Long Shadow wrote:snip...

Dinosaurs would not be CoM, becasue they arn't magical in low magic enviroments.

As for humans...I belive the Magus type turn into SNat equivlents, Man-Wolves(where are they found?), Shadow self-transformation...not a CoM but magical, D-Shifters are a Race/RCC, NightLords are SNat too, along with Gaurdiens and wampyres. Basicly,if you're a human char its easyer to become SuperNatural then becoming a CoM.

You would need something like a perm Metamophisis: Fearie spell to become a CoM.

The Lord Magus becomes a Creature of Magic actually, the ohter magus OCC's are just mortal magic users.

And there was that guy in Sourcebook One who was turned into a Creature of Magic after that guy installed those experimental TW bionics on him.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I don't do RIFTS much... do T-Men with more than 6 tats become CoM's, or is that just an M.D.C. conversion for them?
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

J. Lionheart wrote:I don't do RIFTS much... do T-Men with more than 6 tats become CoM's, or is that just an M.D.C. conversion for them?

Just an M.D. conversion, IIRC.

~ Josh

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”