Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Guild of Magic & Psionics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Object Read
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Palladin

you're a psychic, having drinks at a bar with someone. they leave, you grab their drink/glass.

can you get any decent impressions/images from that ? (or is the "ownership" the key, eg, they don't own the glass the bar does...)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.
I would also allow it if the drinker was experiencing incredibly strong natural emotions, using extensive psychic powers, or using magic during the drinking session. Just kicking back and sharing a casual drink, no. Crying into their beer over a lost love, that's going to leave more of an aural imprint.

All Palladium Articles
Two Tales of Tellene

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:55 am

Knight

Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
If you get to the glass before the barmaid does then yes you can lift something from the drinker, though I would say that it would be very limited unless he sat there with the same glass for several hours. The longer he spends with that same glass and the stronger his emotions are the more you will pull from the glass with object read.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: "Sometimes, I get paid in Pounds Sterling."
I'm going to say that "ownership" is key.The idea is that the object has been on the poerson for so long (watch, wedding ring, charm bracelet) that part of their aura has rubbed off on it.

if I ask to borrow your lighter to light my smoke, you wouldn't get anything about me off of it.

Thundercloud Galaxy has a flock of ducks in it that can slag a Glitterboy in one melee.

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:28 am

Dungeon Crawler

Braden, GMPhD wrote:
I'm going to say that "ownership" is key.The idea is that the object has been on the person for so long (watch, wedding ring, charm bracelet) that part of their aura has rubbed off on it.

if I ask to borrow your lighter to light my smoke, you wouldn't get anything about me off of it.

I agree with you Braden but how long must the object be "owned" before an impression is left on it?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.