Object Read

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would also allow it if the drinker was experiencing incredibly strong natural emotions, using extensive psychic powers, or using magic during the drinking session. Just kicking back and sharing a casual drink, no. Crying into their beer over a lost love, that's going to leave more of an aural imprint.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

If you get to the glass before the barmaid does then yes you can lift something from the drinker, though I would say that it would be very limited unless he sat there with the same glass for several hours. The longer he spends with that same glass and the stronger his emotions are the more you will pull from the glass with object read.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I'm going to say that "ownership" is key.The idea is that the object has been on the poerson for so long (watch, wedding ring, charm bracelet) that part of their aura has rubbed off on it.

if I ask to borrow your lighter to light my smoke, you wouldn't get anything about me off of it.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:I'm going to say that "ownership" is key.The idea is that the object has been on the person for so long (watch, wedding ring, charm bracelet) that part of their aura has rubbed off on it.

if I ask to borrow your lighter to light my smoke, you wouldn't get anything about me off of it.

I agree with you Braden but how long must the object be "owned" before an impression is left on it?

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”