Any word on Robotech?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Any word on Robotech?

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Has Palladium Books signed the Robotech contraact? I haven't heard it yet. Could someone please answer.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

You'll know when it happens when the party kicks off.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

Plan to take that day off for Religious reasons
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thanks for the quick responses. That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D Please soon! Please soon! Please soon! :D
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to hearing the announcement to be made!

HH....FIE
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Yeah, and if she does give birth before/during negotiations, we could always suggest that the baby be named 'Lisa' for a girl, or 'Rick' for a boy.

Of course, there are other names she could call the baby, doesn't need to be THOSE two... Henry, Roy, Claudia, Scott, Marleine, Annie, Dana, Angelo........ :P
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Aramanthus
Monk

Just please not Minmae! :shock:

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

You are right on that point Wolfe. My players always warmed their dice up before the game by "Killing Minmae or her cousin Lynn Kyle."

HH....FIE
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Then there's Minmei.....and lets not forget Minmay....
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Darkmax wrote:why did they call him Lynn Kyle?... it should have been Kyle Lynn.

Dunnow... with Kyle and Minmei, they kept the Chinese/Japanese custom of putting family name first
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Svartalf
Champion

His first name was Kaifun in the original Japanese series ... guess Macek did not thing it would be well received by English ears... I don't know if that's any too Chinese either, but it sounds closer.
Aramanthus
Monk

I still warm my dice up to that topic! :D

HH....FIE
Svartalf
Champion

Darkmax wrote:PS: If read literally, Kaifun means "meals are ready", in Mandarin.

For a guy of partly Chinese ancestry (his family name is still Ling, ain't it?), with relatives in the restaurant business, I guess that's to be expected.

He's Minmay's cousin... Anybody remember if he's the son of her restaurateur uncle and aunt in Macross city?
Aramanthus
Monk

Warming up our dice to killing Minmie and or Kyle.

HH....FIE
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Darkmax wrote:you'll kill a heroine?..... much of the Micronians owe their survival to her, remember.

All the more reason for Zentraedi terrorists/malcontents to make repeated attempt to kill Minmei.

Think of the psychological impact Minmei’s death would have on the masses. For the Zentraedi to kill her, even at the cost of many troops would still be a great victory.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Which is why Khyron didn't kill her. Think of how godlike he would be to the Zentraedi if he had Minmei as his own personal finger puppet.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jefffar wrote:Which is why Khyron didn't kill her. Think of how godlike he would be to the Zentraedi if he had Minmei as his own personal finger puppet.

Are you saying that holding Minmei alive would make him appear "godlike"?

Khyron the Destroyer wrote:“I have killed Minmei! The micronian who wowed you with her voice!”
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

However, a large portion of the Zentraedi, even the anti-human Zentraedi, all but worshipepd Minmey (I'm not even so sure about including the "all but"). He would have alienated a great many of the Zentraedi by killign her.

Instead, keeping her caged, as a trophy, singing only at his command would show continually that he has a greater power over the micronians than the micronians do over the Zentraedi.

jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jefffar wrote:However, a large portion of the Zentraedi, even the anti-human Zentraedi, all but worshipepd Minmey (I'm not even so sure about including the "all but"). He would have alienated a great many of the Zentraedi by killign her.

Instead, keeping her caged, as a trophy, singing only at his command would show continually that he has a greater power over the micronians than the micronians do over the Zentraedi.

Khyron wasn't known for being sane.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Nope, but he was known for being clever and sadistic, both traits work well with my plan - or rather his plan, since he didn't kill Minmei outright.

Aramanthus
Monk

This is funny. I was just talking about how people warmed up their die before the game and it has become this. Very interesting.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Khyron will always be the "Backstabber" to me.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It was his last act that actually went the way he wanted. The destruction of his enemies. Even though it cost him his life.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”