"Old School" game at Open House?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I gurantee you that there will be pickup games a plenty. PLUS the opportunity to hangout with tons of other fans, freelancers, and the K-man himself.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

me? lol

i'm guessing you mean the female one... :? :lol:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:me? lol

i'm guessing you mean the female one... :? :lol:

I was just trying to make you feel better. Everybody knows that interns are unloved whipping boys.

so..................that exsplains the Gimp Suit.

:lol: :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually he brought that from home.... :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I'm sure you'll find a game or two that are running RIFTS in the earlier settings. I usually run my own games pre CWC myself (although I doubt I run anything there).

..lol, when you said Old School, I thought you'd be talking aobout Palladium Fantasy Revised or Heroes Unlimited Revised. Show's how Old School I am.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..lol, when you said Old School, I thought you'd be talking aobout Palladium Fantasy Revised or Heroes Unlimited Revised. Show's how Old School I am.

Well now, I am running Manhunter.

Of course, I could pull out the original Mechanoids compilation that I just got my hands on. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:..lol, when you said Old School, I thought you'd be talking aobout Palladium Fantasy Revised or Heroes Unlimited Revised. Show's how Old School I am.

Well now, I am running Manhunter.

Of course, I could pull out the original Mechanoids compilation that I just got my hands on. :lol:

Sign me up for Manhunter.

We'll have to see how many of the original players show up from the first psuedo-run, but I'd say you probably just reserved yourself the only open slot. :)

I might try and make another character or two to see if I can't make a bit more room as well. On the other hand, I might try and run a second time on Sunday, but this is unlikely.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Old school rifts sounds great. We played a few games before the Prosec area ( no c12 or c14 or c27. A pistol that did d4 md etc etc, it was a great time just the Heavy (50 MD body armor) and the random monster table from the original rifts.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “Palladium Open House”