"ok, so you are in a bar"

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Heh, one time, my players gambled with a Vampire chick that turned out to be the main villian of the adventure.

That was awesome

"Before you stands the woman whom you played poker with last night

Players= :eek:
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

It was funny.

It was the hunt club adventure, from the western empire book i barrowed from my cousion

She was a fire warlock in real life, about 5th level, she replaced some NPC that was part of the orignial adventure.

THe thing is, they won 30,000 gold off her........ :D
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I can proudly state that, of all the campaigns that I have ran, and all those that I have been in - except two - none of them have started in a bar.

~ Josh
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I can proudly state that, of all the campaigns that I have ran, and all those that I have been in - except two - none of them have started in a bar.

~ Josh

Then you're not a real gamer. :P
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Wow...that would make for a great beginning. Right after the brief 5 minute CGIgasm that explains the coming of the rifts and the dark ages, rise of the coalition states. Cuts to a group of freaks in a bar (juicers, d-bees, people in armor, a hive of scum and villainy). Centers in on a group of adventurers at a booth having a conversation. Meet the heroes. Then the bar fight starts, an orgy of more eyecandy special effects as the juicer guts people, MDC weapons vaporize things, and a mage and psychic do their things. First 10 minutes of the movie make you realize this is not your normal sci-fi setting. :)

I've played in many games that started in a bar...usually ending with us leaving a smoldering ruin behind us (one time leveling an entire city block when the barfight moved into the street). But I've never GMed one that started in a bar. My games usually start in a prison or other bad situation that forces the group to work together despite any differences they might have.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

My brother had the same adventure for three years since we never actually got to it. Every weekend one guy in the group would go into the bar and pick a fight. The bartender was never a normal sdc human. It was alway some dragon or cybory or mutant from hell that could take on the CS single handedly and win. By the time we were done killing him (and quite often eachother) the sun would be coming up outside and everyone would head off to bed.

That was the worst of our munchkin days. I'm so glad they're over.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Ridley wrote:Heh, one time, my players gambled with a Vampire chick that turned out to be the main villian of the adventure.

That was awesome

"Before you stands the woman whom you played poker with last night

Players= :eek:

...who then grabs the nearest character, pulls them up from their seat, kisses him/her passionately on the lips for a good 30 seconds, then after they break, she whispers, "I had fun last night, but you STILL owe me 500 credits." She then puts the character back in their spot, gives a small waves to the rest of the party, & casually walks off.

The players all look at each other with the expression of What happened/what did you do/how did you have 500 credits when you still owe me/who the heck was that/do you still have her number et cetera.

That should get things going. :lol:
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

True_Atlantean wrote:As for the bar, I was heartily disappointed when neither D&D mocvie started in a bar. Perhaps the Rifts movie could seek to change this gorss imbalance.

I believe that should read, "I was heartily disappointed in both D&D movies. Perhaps the Rifts movie could seek to change this gross imbalance, and also begin the story in a bar."

At least for me and every gamer I know.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Crash187
D-Bee
Comment: Techniclarity@gmail.com is my gmail...
.:)

Sith hits this ****.

Four letters four words....

Unread post by Crash187 »

agreed, all the very best rifts games started in a bar. and some of the very best ended that way too.
In the crash-zone; we fight the nothing.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Ridley wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I can proudly state that, of all the campaigns that I have ran, and all those that I have been in - except two - none of them have started in a bar.

~ Josh

Then you're not a real gamer. :P

No, I'm just a creative one.

:P

~ Josh
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Richard Winters wrote:Ah the bar.

The starting point for many a fine adventure.

:D

And for many, many more bad adventures. :P
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

You find yourself in a bar. In the corner is a shady looking old man (played by Rutger Hauer) wearing a dark-coloured hooded robe, and leaning over a tankard of ale. There is nobody at any of the tables surrounding him, and his back is to the corner of the bar where nobody can sneak up behind him. What do you do?
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Rayven wrote:You find yourself in a bar. In the corner is a shady looking old man (played by Rutger Hauer) wearing a dark-coloured hooded robe, and leaning over a tankard of ale. There is nobody at any of the tables surrounding him, and his back is to the corner of the bar where nobody can sneak up behind him. What do you do?

I leave the bar, for this one's all ready taken. :lol:
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Slayer Dragonwing wrote:My friend opened fire at him, setting off the TNT, the explosion destroyed the bar and set off the ridiculous amount of nitroglycerine one of our party was carrying (still don't understand why), long story short, I don't think they found remains of any of us.

Now THAT'S a bar fight :lol:

That's not a barfight, that's suicide. Why would any character who can die by explosions willingly carry around large quantities of nitroglycerine as a normal part of their inventory? Nitroglycerine is one of the most unstable explosives known to man, unless it is packed properly in sawdust and whatever else is used in TNT.

Any bar fight you can walk away from is a bar fight, if it's a party wipe, it's a massacre, accident, or apocalyptic event. :P
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:lol: Man, this is funny to read! And you it would be an interesting beginning to the movie. :D
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Aequitas wrote:True, but how many "adventures" do you go on where there's extreme peril and people trying to kill you? More to the point, how often do you hang around with people you just happened to randomly meet that were looking for the same things and were extremely well armed to the point of carrying several weapons into that bar? :P

So you're telling me this isn't normal where you live? It sounded like a normal day to me... :lol:
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

dude that happend to me at least once a week. right down to the weapons. i always had 5 knives situated in various...places...anyways the only difference is that we didnt have nijas and sorcerors in our "adventures"....much....but i'm from new york soo.....
Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

As a tradition, every adventure my group has run starts in a bar.

Also, starting in a bar is one of the reasons that EVERY character I have has a cross sewn in to his underwear.
Browncoat Jayson
D-Bee

Re: "ok, so you are in a bar"

Unread post by Browncoat Jayson »

Heck, the entire movie could be set around the bar in Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs. I'd be all right with that.
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Reminds me of my shadow run days

Most rifts campaings start some other place but a good bar beginning would be a change.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Of all my games, only one has started in a bar, and that was due to a player rebellion who wanted to do something ironic ><

I cannot count the number of fights that have started in bars however . . .
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744

Return to “Rifts® Movie”