True Atlantean Nomad

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

True Atlantean Nomad

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Not to get to munchkin-y here, but according tothe write-up in Atlantis, the nomad is "neither a practicioner of magic nor a warrior" pg 17.
Does this make them eligible for HU power selection?

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

My answer would be no by virture of their inability to be transformed, which I would extend to the alterations nesecary for super powers.

Assuming they are born with them, would that make then transformed?
BTW Krybyn, I think you are obsessed with the Atlantean race..... Big Grin

What makes you say that? :-P
Well, my mind melter was a true atlantean, and I had way fun with with him, playing him for 3 years and gettin him to 14th level, so I'm kinda partial.
I don't like that they have this rich history and only a few classes devoted to them (Nomad, Undead Slayer and Stone Master).

"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

darkmax wrote:I agree, they should have more professions. Please remember that not all True Atlanteans are Tattoo Men.

I know. I got the idea for the adept from another thread.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:I don't like that they have this rich history and only a few classes devoted to them (Nomad, Undead Slayer and Stone Master).
They also have no sourcebooks of their own. Use any OCC you like, add the Atlanteans' languages, tattoos, and innate abilities and you're all set.

Which is something I hope to see remedied.
I played a TA Mind Melter...

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I agree with that Darkmax. Only on the Nomad.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I'm the guy who started the "Should the TA's get their own sourcebook" thread. I would like to see one eventually, but there are other things I'd like to see get clarified and expanded on as well.

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Sorry man Superpowers are for humans not for Atlanteans. Thats what makes being human cool.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Greyaxe wrote:Sorry man Superpowers are for humans not for Atlanteans. Thats what makes being human cool.

That's why any number of non humans get them in scraypers?
They are closer to being human than the Talus fer Pete's sake.

Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

And, in Scrapers there is an Atlantean clan that has Super Powers, but no tatts. They are a mutated genetic abberation in the pool.
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

darkmax wrote:yeah.... but we've got a whole canon book of them in Scraypers.....
Thoes arent necessarily atlanteans, it is an optional subject, one which I ademantly disagree with.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I dunno if the Seeronian/Atlantean connection is up for debate...I haven't read that part.
What I DID read is there are several mutant and non-humans with supers in that book.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Yeah I'm kinda leaning that way...I love TA's don't get me wrong, but they seem to be the "answer" for everything. I'm mean they're even blamed for the mechanoids fer pete's sake.

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Honestly, I don't think I would allow a True Atlantean Nomad to have Super Powers. I tend to go with True Atleanteans being pretty much stuck as they are with the no transformation thing.

Here are a few ways I would allow bits and pieces. Make them a Seerion, with the TA Nomad as their Occ. No, they wouldn't get the SDC and attribute bonuses, but the powers would work. Basically they would be a Seerion who connected and was trained by a TA tribe. Since True Atlanteans can use things like cybernetics and biosystems, then minor cybernetic enhancements that mimic powers like the ear enhancements compared to Heightened Sense of Hearing would definately be doable. I would even let that stretch to some of the Biowizardry enhancements that replace say your ear with bat ears or whatever. The same for similar Eugenics/genetics enhancements. I would allow say an enhanced lung upgrade that involves physically replacing the lung with the new one, but not say an enhancement that gives Super Energy Expulsion. Another idea if you go away from a TA Nomad is something like a Psi-Ghost.

As it is the TA can be an enhanced version of any Occ. They really are much improved humans at any level. Take something innocent like a Rogue Scholar or Scientist. A True Atlantean version already has enhanced longevity, minor magical abilities (use and understanding of TW, the ley line powers D-Travel etc), several extra languages, and the attributes of a professional athlete and poet. On top of that, they get 2-6 magical tattoos, a better save vs magic, and can sense vampires over us mundane humans.

After saying all that, and rereading the little blurb about transfomations, I would think about allowing a Nomad with super abilties as long as they were constantly on like Extraordinary PE, instead of APS type powers. A player would need to convince me why the Nomad had these natural abilities, but I could be convinced by a good enough reason and back story. I always think of all forms of Psychics as a form of mutation, and the TA can easily get those.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
RockJock
Knight

What do you mean Dark Max?
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

As defined by the book:
All true Atlanteans have at least 2 tattoo's their marks of heritage.
ANY TA, regardless of OCC, can gain up to 4 more, for a total of 6 tats.

The actual tattoo classes START with 18 tats...then gain more as they level. Non-tattoo OCC's are limited to 6 max.

RockJock
Knight

The Marks of Heritage should be standard no matter the Occ. The only exception should be those who were seperated from their parent's and their people at a very early age.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

LOL
i can hear it now:

"Where'd you get those other 2 tattoos?"
"My friends all got one too!"
"If your friends all jumped off of a bridge..."

RockJock
Knight

You know, bad influences, like all the kids getting biker tattoos to be like the TAs.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Yeah apparently only on Rifts earth are they dying off...everywhere else they breed like rabbits...

NOTE TO SUNAJ:

"Kill all ya want...we'll make more"

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

To MAY to, To MAH to.

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Tomato potato LOL Either way we know what they are! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice Gadrin!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

They have in my game. In my game some of the other clans know about their betrayal.

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I played an Aerhiman. It's hard not letting that crap slip in-game :P Especilly if he's a practicing Sunaj :P It was fun though, best charcter I ever had <sniff>.

Aramanthus
Monk

Even the Sunaj have to spill the beans in a zone of truth.

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

No they don't. they don't have to answer...

Aramanthus
Monk

According to the spell they do have to answer. They can not lie under it's influence. And keeping silent is hard when people are carrying out certain rituals! :eek: :shock: :? :D Everyone has a breaking point. Even the sunaj!

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Well if anyone ever actually caught a Sunaj the cat would be let out of the bag anyway, seeing the Aehriman marks of heritage n' all...

Aramanthus
Monk

Oh they caught him alive! And in my campaign since that has been something the some of the other clans know and are trying to spread to their brothers.

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Bradford Malefecient
(aka Lucian Aehriman)
14th level Mind Melter (Sunaj Assasin)

This was my character for 3 years...he got caught plenty of times, but nobody remembered it...
Eventually he got tired of being Aerizan's (?) *****, and said no more Sunaj crap for me. He still has his armor and helmet, for trips to atlantis.
The other players knew, of course, but the other characters never figured it out (that they can recall, anyway) :P
The Sunaj have come for him twice. It was not pretty.
I've always played him like a dark-hero sith lord type. Was alot of fun.
This is why I'm so hung up on TA's. I love 'em.
He SO loved to kill CS troops :P

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Well, if i remember the movie, theyd claw off their own faces and eat each other...not verry conducive to sharing knowledge :P

Gadrin wrote:you should do a short workup on what you think Alexandria would be like (based on the Anvil Galaxy book) or what a portion of the city does/has/is, etc. 2 or 3 paragraphs.

I might just do that :P

Aramanthus
Monk

I'll look forward to seeing that too!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL!!! I'll have to dig mine out when I'm at home. All of my stuff is on my home computer. I get the hint Gadrin! Really I do! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I know.................I said I would place some more on the forums.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And it helps jump start ideas sometimes.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It does help to inspire me sometimes.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It still does inspire me.

HH....FIE
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I'm workin on it! Had to make some NPCs for my game tonight MUAHAHAAHA

Aramanthus
Monk

LOL For a second I thought you did lose it! I'm glad you found whatever you lost! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:eek: Oh my! :shock: But you didn't get a TPK? :) Oh well better luck next time. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I know. I used a similiar method too!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

He was a cheapskate! You should have gotten some really great loot!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

So he is a cheapskate with no imagiation! You have my sympathy!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I've never given that little out. So people can't call me a cheapskate!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! That is a great item!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Maybe they were just role playing, trying to avoid player knowledge.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh ok. So you say they are a little dense...........Like as dense as Osmium?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Actually concrete is pretty porous. Osmium is very dense! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL :D :lol: :D :lol:

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”