Cosmoknight reformation...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Cosmoknight reformation...

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I have a question for ya'll.
When a cosmo knight is chosen/accepts the role, he is "reborn" to the point of rolling up new stats, etc.

So what if the creature was a TA before? Does he lose all his racial abilities? Where do his racial abilities go? Wouldn't that make him stand out among his kind? Or any other non-supernatural being with extraordinary abilities, but nornal for his race, do they lose them as well?

What do ya think?

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I think all those things that are lost are what he or she must consider before accepting the Forge's call.

Yes, they would loose all racial abilities.

Being a Herald of the Forge is not without its cost...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

Well, with TA's they are technically mutant humans, so a TA called to the Forge would appear to be and act as a human.
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I know there's a cost, but plausible deny-ability would demand that he could pass himself off as a member of his own race...

This would greatly explain why the Forge avoids supernatural creatures, but not all races that have extra abilities (noro, for example) are supernatural. A Noro CK would be the only non-psychic on his planet...does that make sense for the Forge to do that?

"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Possibly done on purpose as part of testing the new CK's mettle?
I like that answer.

Snoogins...

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Well, I had in a game once where a wulfen quatoria was approached by the forge.
He would obviouly not be a borg anymore, so others who knew him would realize something was up...
So now the question is HOW far does the forge change a person?

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

In the new Q&A, you can find the answer.
Wolfen, for instance, keep their keen senses.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Is there a Q&A forum? :oops:
Can you provide a link to that thread?

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

TA can not be physically transformed by any means. I will take that as they are not eligable for CK's
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
rc_brooks
Explorer

Unread post by rc_brooks »

From the first timei I glimpsed the Cosmoknight, Silver Surfer jumped into my head. Basically a cosmic entity (benevolent in this case) forges a new being. I think they are pretty cool just have never got around to playing one.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I would allow a TA cosmo knight. They would just lose all of their RCC stuff.
Since it's a choice, and the Atlantean is given time to think on it, if he agrees the Forge turns him into a CsK. No biggie. The only problem could be a TA with an existing OCC, like Undead Slayer. They are considered supernatural creatures, so no dice. Forge won't even approach them.
In essence, he'd just be playing a nearly 7 ft tall greek human, who happens to be a CsK.

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I've still have to work the details on the Bi-Form Killer Whale CK. But it's in the works!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”