What ever happened to Speed Tribes?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

No.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

CS Special Forces wrote:never heard of it. kind of like rifts scotland..never saw the light of day. :x

I've at least heard of Rifts Scotland....not this one however.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Mmmmmmm... methinks your somewhat confused. There may have been a rumour or it may have been for another game. I'm almost certain there was never such a book announced, especially if KC hasn't heard of it either.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

It could have been one of those "Coming soon" things that never even got as far as a manuscript.

P.S.: Jarhead; do you realise you live on the site of the Techno Wizard capital of the Federation of Magic, StormSpire?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Toc Rat
Hero

Re: What ever happened to Speed Tribes?

Unread post by Toc Rat »

CS Jarhead wrote:Years and years ago there was a sourcebook called speed tribes announced and it never saw the light of day. I hope all the hover bike goodness made it into various books. This was over 10 years ago, anyone else remember?

Yes, I remember it. I think it was one of those they just forgot about over time.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

CS Jarhead wrote:Years and years ago there was a sourcebook called speed tribes announced and it never saw the light of day. I hope all the hover bike goodness made it into various books. This was over 10 years ago, anyone else remember?

Speed tribes was a book proposed by the comic artist (before he was a bigtime comic artist :) ) Timothy Bradstreet. He had some kick butt ideas but unfortunately never wrote the manuscript.

So no CS you aren't imagining things, it did indeed exist at one time...
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Never heard of it

of course, 10 years ago, I'd never heard of Palladium either.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Maryann wrote:

Speed tribes was a book proposed by the comic artist (before he was a bigtime comic artist :) ) Timothy Bradstreet. He had some kick butt ideas but unfortunately never wrote the manuscript.

So no CS you aren't imagining things, it did indeed exist at one time...

ok so Im going to update the big list
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it in a coming preview in a catalog. I'd have to check back in my old catalogs. I have pretty much all of them for the last 16 or so years. (Some place in a box or a folder or it could be back at my folks.) But it has since vanished in the lost bins of Palladium. Maybe the manuscript was a victim of the thief.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

SO who were the tribes? Just hoverbiking freaks or?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Aramanthus wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it in a coming preview in a catalog. I'd have to check back in my old catalogs. I have pretty much all of them for the last 16 or so years. (Some place in a box or a folder or it could be back at my folks.) But it has since vanished in the lost bins of Palladium. Maybe the manuscript was a victim of the thief.

The manuscript was never even written.

Read Maryann's post above.

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

Yes, I read it. Thank you Josh. But it was advertised in one of the old catalogs. Years and years ago. Maybe someone should write another one up or a new version covering those sort of characters that could be incountered in the burbs.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Aramanthus wrote:Yes, I read it. Thank you Josh. But it was advertised in one of the old catalogs. Years and years ago. Maybe someone should write another one up or a new version covering those sort of characters that could be incountered in the burbs.

Maybe.

Perfect topic for an Adventure Sourceook, IMHO.

BTW, there is a Hovercycle Gang in MercTown. Just thought I'd note that for annotations sake. :)

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

I definitely remember reading about those guys. Pretty mean group of hovercycle enthusiast.

HH....FIE
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Sir Ysbadden wrote:You could probably use the rules for Road gangers in the austrailia book and the create your own vehicle rules in the ATB suppliments to create your own hover biker gangs. Useing the one in Merc town as a example. Or write up an article on biker gangs in the post rifts Americas. You could call them Hades Angels. :twisted:

Or Hel's Angels.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Marrowlight
Knight

Sir Ysbadden wrote:
Grimjack wrote:I remember about 5 years ago on these boards, we compiled a list of all of the books/games scheduled that never came to be. Here are a few I can think of

1) Speed Tribes
2) In Search of the Old Ones (a Rifts/PFRPG crossover)
3) Mechanoids Space
4) Void Runners
5) Darklings (PFRPG/BTS crossover of sorts, I think)

I'm sure there are others...

Threre stillis a list i think its in the press releases some where.

It's in All Things Palladiumbooks.

Return to “Rifts®”