So what was the final score?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

So what was the final score?

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Now the dust has settled on the RTT Rewards program, is there anyone who can confirm just how many backers took PB up on their offer and made the exchange?

Then can anyone confirm the toatl numbvers of boxed kits (core and expansion) that are destined to be handed over to the liquidator and whether these are actually being apssed to harmony Gold to deal with?

This is hardly something that is on a need to know basis and I would have thought PB would be happy to share?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: So what was the final score?

Unread post by jaymz »

No, there isn't.

No, they can't.

No, they won't.

:ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Succinct and to the point and most probably right.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

wilycoyote wrote:Succinct and to the point and most probably right.

Actually, I disagree.

All three answers are the same, the last one Jaymz mentions.

Someone at Palladium would have all this information. They just choose not to share it. To be fair, at this point I don't think a significant portion of the backerbase would accept the numbers given, without some documented evidence, given details in the past have been found to be, charitably, flawed. Palladium's credibility has taken some hits.

So, I can understand that position, but there are also a lot of people that would. That's been one of PB's problems. They've been so concerned with the vocal portion of the backerbase, they forget that there's thousands of backers that deserve answers too, and that some of the vocal portion is a direct result of their silence and apparent apathy.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Answering seems like a no-win situation.

If a lot of backers took them up, then the argument of 'why not at least try to pay back the backers that remain' gains strength. If it was a small portion of the backers, then it gives credence to the notion that this 'in kind' deal was a flop. Everything in between just leads towards one side or the other, depending on ones perspective.

I imagine the international backers were probably the least likely to have participated, based on the substantial shipping costs I've seen quoted and found when playing with the store calculator, who make up a quarter of the backers right off the hop. Based on the half decade since this fiasco started, I have to imagine a good portion of the backer base stopped paying attention or caring years ago as well.

So I agree with Morgan; they know the answer, and I don't think they'll bother telling us what it is. Remember the 'pie chart' from months back. That was their view of an answer. Transparency and detail are not going to be strong suits of anything communicated to the backer base going forward, if they ever bother saying anything about it again. (the project, not these fan run mini-events at various conventions, those still seem to get attention)

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”