What do we want to see now? We must Help Carmen and Big Will

From The Rifts® - A You Tube Channel dedicated to all things Palladium Books®

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

What do we want to see now? We must Help Carmen and Big Will

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I love the Show. The Open House coverage was top notch! It made me really think about going to the next one (for me, it is a 5570 miles trip from South America!)...but now it is time to move on, so we must help by telling them what do we want to see?

Here are my choices:

1) Internet material coverage. For example, two of my favorite websites: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/palladium.htm, http://shirosrpg.blogspot.com/search/label/2112. And of course, my own creation/commission, Kira, the Mystic Knight: http://ffranceschi.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d4ldi23 (I am trying to write a story about a future conflict between the CS and the FoM and she is the main character). I would love that you include my commission into the presentation of FROM THE RIFTS (I can email you the original image without letters). By the way, there is a RIFTS art group at deviantart.com: http://rifts-artwork.deviantart.com/.

2) Talks about what the audience want to see as "the next book". You need to make a quick poll first or something like that.

3) An in-depth talk with Charles "Chuck" Walton II. He is my favorite Palladium artist right now, and the reason to buy and try SPLICERS!!! I would like to see a 3 part super interview!!!

Ok, that's it. Now your turn...post post post...I really want the program to continue and please click on the adds and LIKE them in youtube!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Re: What do we want to see now? We must Help Carmen and Big Will

Unread post by Juce734 »

I'd like to see more book reviews.

I'd also like to hear more about personal gaming experiences.

Maybe occasional tips for running and playing in a game.

Being an HU fan maybe more videos about that game line. That's me being selfish though. ;)
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

If possible, try reviewing the books in order. So, like doing world books 1,2,3, ect., and not like 2, 20, 15. I don't mind if you go from Rifts to HU to DR, just if there is an order to the books in a series, I thinki it would make things a little less confusing. New product dosn't count, just for the existing ones. Sorry, I'm just an orderly kind of guy. But if you don't deside to do it, I'll not stop watching, and this is just a little thing.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

ffranceschi wrote:
1) Internet material coverage. For example, two of my favorite websites: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/palladium.htm, http://shirosrpg.blogspot.com/search/label/2112. And of course, my own creation/commission, Kira, the Mystic Knight: http://ffranceschi.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d4ldi23 (I am trying to write a story about a future conflict between the CS and the FoM and she is the main character). I would love that you include my commission into the presentation of FROM THE RIFTS (I can email you the original image without letters). By the way, there is a RIFTS art group at deviantart.com: http://rifts-artwork.deviantart.com/.

Good idea but will never happen sadly. They cannot show endorsement of conversions to the Palladium System. It wouldn't be kosher so to speak.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

jaymz wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

Good idea but will never happen sadly. They cannot show endorsement of conversions to the Palladium System. It wouldn't be kosher so to speak.

I think this is a really good idea. IMO this may encourage others to start their own fansite. likewise talking to MA about the games they run could also encourage others to try and spread PB.

There are many fansites with really good material in them, and many of them don't break PB's rules. Most of the pb fansites have been collected in a single place already, as well as being broken down by content type - the shifters guide of the megaverse over at the nexusnine website
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Carmen, Wyll, if you are reading this forum (and I am sure you are), it would be great if you can tell us what do you think about what the people want to see or what are your future plans for the show. Thanks.

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I video of how to play in an MDC environment would be beneficial to new blood.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Alpha 11
Palladin

:D I hope to see a new video soon!
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Alpha 11 wrote::D I hope to see a new video soon!

Me too. I miss the show!

Alpha 11
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:

Me too. I miss the show!

You guy are going to continue this, right?
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Alpha 11 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:

Me too. I miss the show!

You guy are going to continue this, right?

They are BACK!!! See the other threads!!!

Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

i honestly see no point in reviewing the books. We all know what they have in them. I'd love to see the show do more along the lines of sharing gaming experiences, various tips, like how you guys go about creating good story arcs for a campaign, or outlining a gaming session, or helpful steps in creating a character. What aspects of good story telling make for a good role playing experience or something as easy as take a good forum question out an discuss it in detail. Make it an interactive show, not just telling us what you think about a book that came out. If you want to o a review, then start with a quick summary of it, and then make most of the show about how you would best utilize a new OCC listed in it, or how a new zone or adventure would fit great in an overall story arc. Add ideas and depth to the conversation, not just this is great, good new content, or it was ok, but not as good as the last one, etc.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Tyberius wrote:i honestly see no point in reviewing the books. We all know what they have in them. I'd love to see the show do more along the lines of sharing gaming experiences, various tips, like how you guys go about creating good story arcs for a campaign, or outlining a gaming session, or helpful steps in creating a character. What aspects of good story telling make for a good role playing experience or something as easy as take a good forum question out an discuss it in detail. Make it an interactive show, not just telling us what you think about a book that came out. If you want to o a review, then start with a quick summary of it, and then make most of the show about how you would best utilize a new OCC listed in it, or how a new zone or adventure would fit great in an overall story arc. Add ideas and depth to the conversation, not just this is great, good new content, or it was ok, but not as good as the last one, etc.

I like this, though I still think they should still review the books. It will help with newer players and help get more people interested, IMO. So do both.
Alpha 11
Palladin

So when are you going to start up again?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Panomas wrote:How about Palladium Cribs!?! (just kidding)- :lol:

On second thought, just showing the fans around the warehouse, offices that make up the company property might be cool.

I don't thing they can do that, I believe they live in Canada. Though I could be wrong.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Alpha 11 wrote:

On second thought, just showing the fans around the warehouse, offices that make up the company property might be cool.

I don't thing they can do that, I believe they live in Canada. Though I could be wrong.

As far as I know, they live in Windsor, Canada, next to Detroit, USA, very near Westland but across the border. I have traveled to Canada two times in the past, crossing in Port Huron, MI/Sarnia with my Italian passport (I have dual citizenship) and it is very very complicated (lots of questions and controls!!!)...even more than getting into the USA!!! Perhaps it is faster for them but I think the "control thing" is still there so the delays.

Alpha 11
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

As far as I know, they live in Windsor, Canada, next to Detroit, USA, very near Westland but across the border. I have traveled to Canada two times in the past, crossing in Port Huron, MI/Sarnia with my Italian passport (I have dual citizenship) and it is very very complicated (lots of questions and controls!!!)...even more than getting into the USA!!! Perhaps it is faster for them but I think the "control thing" is still there so the delays.

Thanks for the clarification! At least they're close then, so they could do the tour then.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Since this year going be big for Splicers can get some coverage on the subject and how to character creation and Host armor creation. oh love the show
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
ffranceschi
Adventurer

darkguyver wrote:Since this year going be big for Splicers can get some coverage on the subject and how to character creation and Host armor creation. oh love the show

+1. I want SPLICERS´ coverage too!

Alpha 11
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:
darkguyver wrote:Since this year going be big for Splicers can get some coverage on the subject and how to character creation and Host armor creation. oh love the show

+1. I want SPLICERS´ coverage too!

I don't care if it is Splicers or not, I just want some more. And yes, I can't wait for some more books from it so that they can review them.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Just wanted to say, keep up the great work!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I really wanna see a swimsuit episode.

Ahem, just kidding.

What I really would like to see is the guys review some of the Rifts worldbooks either that or a region by region breakdown of the Rifts world. I'm in a buying phase and would like to hear their recommendations. I have limited gaming resources and want to get the most bang for my Universal credits.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

MurderCityDisciple wrote:I really wanna see a swimsuit episode.

:lol:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Maybe go over techno wizardry and show how the creation system works.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Go over some techno wizardry. The new rules could bare some explanation.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Riftmaker wrote:Go over some techno wizardry. The new rules could bare some explanation.

Prince Artemis..aka Matt Daye does has an excellent technowizard episode on his Gateway to the Megaverse podcast if Carman and Will don't get around to doing one on their show.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Run a Rifts game

Run a game endorsed by Siembieda

Let people see why our game is the best

Nothing will attract more portion people than a interesting story

And people having fun
~ Love Conquers All ~
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Splicers, and show some of Chuck Walton's artwork. Then near the end, bring it home with a picture of Gore Puppies with their mother and her Packmaster. Should the puppies be different breeds?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

More! :ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

The Dark Elf wrote:More! :ok:

:erm:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Alpha 11
Palladin

The Dark Elf wrote:More! :ok:

:ok: :ok:
ffranceschi
Adventurer

We need more VIDEOS!!! ASAP!!!

Alpha 11
Palladin

Hope to see more soon!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: What do we want to see now? We must Help Carmen and Big

Any chance of seeing any more, anytime soon?
ffranceschi
Adventurer

I want a Gen Con 2013 Video!!!

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I have been really enjoying the show and if they are taking suggestions I have to agree with some of the other posts:

GM advice & discussions
Run a few short demos
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I just thought about this as I was updating my pledge for Robotech Tactics, but I have no real experience in painting minis or making terrain. Maybe do a show on painting - what are good paints to use, techniques, etc.

Do another on terrain, starting with how to do cheap & simple all the way up to high quality stuff.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Alpha 11
Palladin

Please do another episode soon!
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Obviously I'm a little late to the party but I just discovered their show and I have to say it's pretty cool. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even notice this sub forum, I found their channel because I looked at another channel that had an interview with Kevin and their stuff popped on under "related videos".

I see this area doesn't see a lot of traffic, last time Carmen was on was May. However if they are still taking suggestions the interviews at the Open House were cool, a tour of the offices and such might be neat, maybe some shots of them at work on projects or something.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

I miss the show :-(

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I never really go into Phase World could you do a show on the Phase World setting?

Also I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a compare and contrast show with all of the Palladium lines. This would help gamers find a game that is right for them
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84

Return to “From The Rifts”