Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Aramanthus wrote:Of course I'm still waiting for the mini series based on "Mutineer's Moon" by David Weber!
Love the Dahak Series! Though last I heard the animated version has been stillborn for awhile. :( The website is still up though, nothing on it, but I suppose there's still hope.

Now that has interesting crossover potential. Hm.. Invid-Achuultani Team-up, prehaps? :demon:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Dahak versus the Zentraedi Armada? Close call, but win ultimately goes to the battlemoon...
Against the Robotech Masters? 'What was that on our windshields?"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:REF Tech 1: "You finish running the diagnostics and maintenance on Black Widow Squadron's Alphas yet?"
Tech2: "Yeah....but I got some funny readings on the first comp-diag...had to re-do them."
Tech1: "Funny readings?"
Tech2: "Well, I was checking the onboard actuator systems, and I got this; lemme show you."
Tech1: "*We Want Natural Oil!*? Sounds like somebody's yanking your chain...Anything else show up?"
Tech2: "Nah...bit more extra memory in the backups being used, though."
Tech1: "Don't worry about it...pilots probably keeping their MPEG files there...close it up for the night and go take a break...you've worked overshift as it is."
Tech2: "Thanks, boss."
*THere're gone.*
#Lucky you! What were you thinking? They were starting to get suspicious!#
**I wouldn't worry...You notice there's not an e-brain among them?**
*Yeah, and none of the rest of the mechs have any real e-defenses! It's networked, but it's so -primitive-!*
#I'd still be careful...The pilot interfaces have a nueral link I've never seen before...they may not have e-brains, but they may still be able to link! We need to know more before we risk discovery!#
*awwww...I'm not worried*
**WE should still be careful...no telling what viruses might be floating around that we could catch if we're not careful! It's an entirely different system than what we're used to!**
#Right! Now, next on the agenda! MOving our new bodies!#
&Look! I'm bigger than the rest of you!&
*You're a 'Beta'...and you know what they say about Betas.*
&waaahhhh!!!!&

:lol: Though I would LOVE to know how they got there. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote: :lol: Though I would LOVE to know how they got there. :lol:

Post-2nd GIG, when their AI Mainframe satellite was used to smash an Imperial Americana nuke....The various dimensional fissures around the Tokyo-3 'Gateland' and the big 'Tristar Gate' in orbit tend to sometimes 'sideleak' into other dimensions, especially during solstices...

The Tachikomas' 'brainsatellite' just happened to enter Tokyo airspace at an angle to bring it into corresponding airspace to where Tokyo-3 would be...and since they were transmitting at the time...well, deus ex machina...their entire AI files got drawn into the dimensional warp and somehow ended up in receptive Protoculture systems aboard several REF mecha....

The same 'link' that brought them may or may not be replicatible...it may be a one shot...BUt it's symptomatic of what the NERV branch of the ASC has to deal with, policing the 'Gateland' for odd things that pop up in the region after the solistice...The Southern Cross/GeoFRont typically buttons up during the period, then sends out armed mecha and dog team patrols looking for dimensional flotsom/jetsom...some of which is quite dangerous...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Armorlord
Hero

taalismn wrote:Dahak versus the Zentraedi Armada? Close call, but win ultimately goes to the battlemoon...
Against the Robotech Masters? 'What was that on our windshields?"
I wouldn't make that bet against Dahak II though, and against Earth with full anti-Achuultani defenses up and the 5th Imperium fleet I'd bet on Earth.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Armorlord
Hero

*notices the posts he missed :oops:*
Tachikoma brained veritechs! I love it! XD :lol:

*brain breaks trying to imagine Tachitechs meeting Dahak* XD

taalismn
Priest

Admiral Hunter: "So what's this about trouble with the Southern Cross administration of the old NERV Geofront?"
Commander Santos: "Well, sir, a few of our Sentinel allies wanted to take a look around, but you know the Southern Crossers....they're a rather xenophobic lot...They didn't want any 'unauthorized aliens' wandering around their fiefdom."
Hunter: "%*&!! I'll speak to Leonard about this!"

Field Marshal Leonard: "%&!!! THat pompous little whelp's throwing his weight around! If it hand't been for us going to Tirol in NG-Space, they'd NEVER have known the place existed! I don't want any more aliens wandering around that place untilwe've got every part of it understood and under our control! Now we have a Karbarrean and Garudan 'inspection junket' wanting to see the site!"
Nova Satori: "Actually I have an idea for getting them off our backs and make them less inclined to go poking around, sir..."
Leonard: "Yes...?"
Satori: "Well...the Akagi woman took multiple stun shots when we apprehended her...she's phsyically all right, but...(whisper, whisper, whisper)"
Leonard"...er?...ah!...I-see-..."

"KITTY!!"
Ritsuko Akagi tackled the Karbarrean diplomat, having just similarly bounced the still-stunned Garudan emissary, and began nuzzling into the enormous ursinoid's furry pelt.
"SOMEONE! GET THIS MAD WOMAN OFFFFF MEEEEEE!!!!"
Unfortunately, his colleagues were beating a quick retreat back up to the shuttles...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Admiral Hunter: "So what's this about trouble with the Southern Cross administration of the old NERV Geofront?"
Commander Santos: "Well, sir, a few of our Sentinel allies wanted to take a look around, but you know the Southern Crossers....they're a rather xenophobic lot...They didn't want any 'unauthorized aliens' wandering around their fiefdom."
Hunter: "%*&!! I'll speak to Leonard about this!"

Field Marshal Leonard: "%&!!! THat pompous little whelp's throwing his weight around! If it hand't been for us going to Tirol in NG-Space, they'd NEVER have known the place existed! I don't want any more aliens wandering around that place untilwe've got every part of it understood and under our control! Now we have a Karbarrean and Garudan 'inspection junket' wanting to see the site!"
Nova Satori: "Actually I have an idea for getting them off our backs and make them less inclined to go poking around, sir..."
Leonard: "Yes...?"
Satori: "Well...the Akagi woman took multiple stun shots when we apprehended her...she's phsyically all right, but...(whisper, whisper, whisper)"
Leonard"...er?...ah!...I-see-..."

"KITTY!!"
Ritsuko Akagi tackled the Karbarrean diplomat, having just similarly bounced the still-stunned Garudan emissary, and began nuzzling into the enormous ursinoid's furry pelt.
"SOMEONE! GET THIS MAD WOMAN OFFFFF MEEEEEE!!!!"
Unfortunately, his colleagues were beating a quick retreat back up to the shuttles...

:lol: If I had stichs, they would have popped! :lol:
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

ROFLMAO!!! That was a great set of them! And I had heard recently as of late fall of 07 they showed renewed interest in the Dahak series. But it is supposed to come out as a mini series. And after that announcment ADV renewed their website for Dahak.

I loved the tachikoma veritech too!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The Muse Triumvirate are sitting in a lounge, opposite the Ayanami-Hunter 'Triplets'....Musica, Allegra, and Octavia are looking at Rei, Athena, and Nike, who are staring back...

After a while...
Allegra: (sotto voce)"Are you sure these people are supposed to be HUMAN?"
Musica: "Let me get back to you on that one."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:The Muse Triumvirate are sitting in a lounge, opposite the Ayanami-Hunter 'Triplets'....Musica, Allegra, and Octavia are looking at Rei, Athena, and Nike, who are staring back...

After a while...
Allegra: (sotto voce)"Are you sure these people are supposed to be HUMAN?"
Musica: "Let me get back to you on that one."

:lol:
taalismn
Priest

" AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Smack!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Aaaaaaaa
WHACK!
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

(Shot pulls out to show EVA UNits 01 and 02 with enormous batmitten rackets, idly swatting a Bioroid assault craft between them, over a net strung between two Monument City skyscrappers)

(Shot of Field Marshal Leonard in his office, watching the match, and grinning)
Leonard: "I think the Children are going to fit in just fine..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! Talk about the toast of the town! Hit them harder! Let them fly! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Armorlord
Hero

Just got reminded of a Robotech crossover that did happen.
Robotech and ExoSquad.
In the toyline anyway. Invid shocktroopers, Battlepods, Hover tanks, Valkyries, and Terran E-frames all apparently fighting together against some off-packaging threat.

Main thing I can picture at the moment, is a micronized Zentraedi and a NeoSapien sitting in a bar waxing philosophical about being a created warrior race, with the NeoSapien leading in the philosophy department and the Zentraedi reminiscing about being 'full-size' as a counter point.
Can't pick out any dialog except for the Zentraedi retorting, "Yeah, well.. at least we were huge."
"We were popular troops until we turned on our 'masters' as well."
"What? Well yeah, so were we, but I mean HUGE- literally! I could've drop kicked one of those things you ride around in!"
"..."

Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Now that would be a bar fight to watch from inside of an armored veritech. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Whereupon the Gamilon at the end of the bar pipes up and snorts "We had the whole exotic blue skinned look WAAAAYYYYY before either of you jerks came along!"
...That's when the Blue Meany threw his drink at the Gamilon....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:" AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Smack!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Aaaaaaaa
WHACK!
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

(Shot pulls out to show EVA UNits 01 and 02 with enormous batmitten rackets, idly swatting a Bioroid assault craft between them, over a net strung between two Monument City skyscrappers)

(Shot of Field Marshal Leonard in his office, watching the match, and grinning)
Leonard: "I think the Children are going to fit in just fine..."

:lol: :lol:
taalismn
Priest

"NO, Mister Aida! These are military vehicles! Not toys for dumbarse little jerks like you to play around with! Now stay right there while we contact your parents! I'm sure they'll have something to say to you once we tell them how you scaled two fences, dug under another, and tried to go joyriding in a Battloid! You're lucky we don't shoot you on general principles!"

"Awwww, noooo!!! I just wanted to seeee!!!"

(Meanwhile, across the base)

CRUMP-CRUMP-CRUMP-FWWWOOOSSSHHHH!!!!-CLANKTHUD!-CRUMP-CRUMP-CRUMP-

"AAAAYYYAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!....THIS IS SO FUNNNN!!!!"

(TC Battloid goes leaping and jet-jumping across a NERV parking lot, flies up over several walls, and goes running all out down the street)

"Okay, Lieutenant Ibuki...I think that's enough for now...You pass basic mecha orientation...you can turn back around and head back to the garage....Lieutenant Ibuki? Helllooo..?"

"BUT THIS IS SO MUCH -FUN-!!! WHY DO THE CHILDREN DISLIKE THIS SORT OF THING?! THIS IS A BLAST!!!"

"Oh dear...Caliban, Foxhound? You wanna go retrieve the newbie?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:"NO, Mister Aida! These are military vehicles! Not toys for dumbarse little jerks like you to play around with! Now stay right there while we contact your parents! I'm sure they'll have something to say to you once we tell them how you scaled two fences, dug under another, and tried to go joyriding in a Battloid! You're lucky we don't shoot you on general principles!"

"Awwww, noooo!!! I just wanted to seeee!!!"

(Meanwhile, across the base)

CRUMP-CRUMP-CRUMP-FWWWOOOSSSHHHH!!!!-CLANKTHUD!-CRUMP-CRUMP-CRUMP-

"AAAAYYYAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!....THIS IS SO FUNNNN!!!!"

(TC Battloid goes leaping and jet-jumping across a NERV parking lot, flies up over several walls, and goes running all out down the street)

"Okay, Lieutenant Ibuki...I think that's enough for now...You pass basic mecha orientation...you can turn back around and head back to the garage....Lieutenant Ibuki? Helllooo..?"

"BUT THIS IS SO MUCH -FUN-!!! WHY DO THE CHILDREN DISLIKE THIS SORT OF THING?! THIS IS A BLAST!!!"

"Oh dear...Caliban, Foxhound? You wanna go retrieve the newbie?"

:lol: I think someone is going through there 2nd childhood. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

It's always the quiet ones.... :D

Meanwhile...Back at the lounge...

Octavia:(Whispering) "There! Did you see THAT? I'm sure the one on the end BLINKED!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:It's always the quiet ones.... :D

Meanwhile...Back at the lounge...

Octavia:(Whispering) "There! Did you see THAT? I'm sure the one on the end BLINKED!"

:lol: It is amazing how the simle things can be so funny sometimes. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

-Meanwhile: The Dark Side of Evangelion....

A massive dark room, a mile wide....two soldiers in full armor stand on a rusted platform overlooking several deep pits and trenches....

GMP Soldier 1: "Place gives me the creeps...Sure we can't just nuke this place? It would make me feel better..."
GMP2: "I'm thinking of putting in a request for Father Donahue to come down to exorcise this place....Maybe it will make it a bit easier to breath..."
GMP1: "Just one priest? Sure he's up to it? Look at the SIZE of this place?"
GMP2: "Father Donahue sang Requiem for the remains of San Diego, San Francisco, and Los Angeles after the Rain of Death...He had to preside at the graveside of millions there, remember? This....He's of the generation who can deal with this sort of thing..."
GMP1:(still looking at the EVA graveyard)"Still...You better get a rabbi, a mullah, and a few monks down here for fire support...there's a whole lot of bad karma that needs to be laid to rest here..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

taalismn wrote:-Meanwhile: The Dark Side of Evangelion....

A massive dark room, a mile wide....two soldiers in full armor stand on a rusted platform overlooking several deep pits and trenches....

GMP Soldier 1: "Place gives me the creeps...Sure we can't just nuke this place? It would make me feel better..."
GMP2: "I'm thinking of putting in a request for Father Donahue to come down to exorcise this place....Maybe it will make it a bit easier to breath..."
GMP2: "Father Donahue sang Requiem for the remains of San Diego, San Francisco, and Los Angeles after the Rain of Death...He had to preside at the graveside of millions there, remember? This....He's of the generation who can deal with this sort of thing..."
GMP1:(still looking at the EVA graveyard)"Still...You better get a rabbi, a mullah, and a few monks down here for fire support...there's a whole lot of bad karma that needs to be laid to rest here..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
taalismn
Priest

Just saw the episode where the EVA Graveyard was revealed...Gave me the creeps....and emphasized the intense emotional bond if you could call it that the two universes might share....Both worlds have suffered catastrophes that have left the global pysche scarred...except that in Robotech, the people KNOW the truth, and know their enemies to be mortal....In Evangelion, it's conspiracies stretching back into the past, in need of an mechanized crowbar to pry open and expose to the light...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:-Meanwhile: The Dark Side of Evangelion....

:lol:
taalismn
Priest

"Lieutenant Satori! We have reason to believe the double-agent Rougi Kaji is loose somewhere inside the complex."
"And How did THAT happen?!"
"WE believe he managed to get ahold of a spare set of GMP armor and faked his way past the guards while they were still trying to plug all the security holes in this place.."
"Great, and we just created one....and we can't very well ask everybody to take off their helmets without compromising readiness, can we? Just one thing to do!"
*ZZZIIPPP*
(whisper from behind): "Well...hellooo nurrrsseee...where have you been all my life...Oh shi---"
*DOGPILE*
THUMP! POUND!CUFF! DRAG!
"Great work, Lieutenant, how did you know that was going to work?"
(zipping up her blouse again)"My Private Doppler Radar went off..but I had to confirm it...And having a reputation for ripping off men's testicles comes in handy...No Southern Cross trooper would of DREAMED of obviously ogling my cleavage like that, so it had to be our over-libidoed Mister Kouji."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:"Lieutenant Satori! We have reason to believe the double-agent Rougi Kaji is loose somewhere inside the complex."
"And How did THAT happen?!"
"WE believe he managed to get ahold of a spare set of GMP armor and faked his way past the guards while they were still trying to plug all the security holes in this place.."
"Great, and we just created one....and we can't very well ask everybody to take off their helmets without compromising readiness, can we? Just one thing to do!"
*ZZZIIPPP*
(whisper from behind): "Well...hellooo nurrrsseee...where have you been all my life...Oh shi---"
*DOGPILE*
THUMP! POUND!CUFF! DRAG!
"Great work, Lieutenant, how did you know that was going to work?"
(zipping up her blouse again)"My Private Doppler Radar went off..but I had to confirm it...And having a reputation for ripping off men's testicles comes in handy...No Southern Cross trooper would of DREAMED of obviously ogling my cleavage like that, so it had to be our over-libidoed Mister Kouji."

:lol: :lol: Good one! :lol: :lol:
taalismn
Priest

...Some argued that the rescued Ayanami clones would have better off growing up inside the sort of structured environment that young Zentraedi were indoctrinated with...Certainly, the NERV experience was to give Rei a 'purpose-driven' life to the exception of all other things, such as social development aside from what was absolutely necessary to interact with her fellow pilots....But the Hunters could be excused for remembering the Malcontent Uprisings of their own world, and the fact that many more Zentraedi went insane or took their own lives when the Imperative was taken away from them...and their own experiences and melancholy thoughts of their profession had them desiring to insure that their children, even their adopted children, would have the opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the peace their parents were working so hard for...Lisa Hunter, raised as she was in a military family, and already inculcated from an early age to a life of duty, could well appreciate what might face young people MADE for duty....And she was set on giving her daughters something more...
Still....even she wasn't ready for all of the challenges ahead..."

-----Doctor Daven Il'ang, Masters of Life: Creators, Clones, and the Psychology of DemiGodhood , New Tirol Press, Tiresia, 2058

Lisa: "Dear, put on a robe after you shower.....And tell your sister the same.....Ah, Rick, don't come out just yet....Okay, now you can....I ask you, how can anybody without any ego to speak of, have such an absolute lack of a sense of personal modesty?"
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

taalismn wrote:"My Private Doppler Radar went off"

Yes, but Private Doppler of the 15th ATAC died in the first battle with the Bioroids! :D Thats called a bit of ironic humor.
Last edited by Rabid Southern Cross Fan on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:...Some argued that the rescued Ayanami clones would have better off growing up inside the sort of structured environment that young Zentraedi were indoctrinated with...Certainly, the NERV experience was to give Rei a 'purpose-driven' life to the exception of all other things, such as social development aside from what was absolutely necessary to interact with her fellow pilots....But the Hunters could be excused for remembering the Malcontent Uprisings of their own world, and the fact that many more Zentraedi went insane or took their own lives when the Imperative was taken away from them...and their own experiences and melancholy thoughts of their profession had them desiring to insure that their children, even their adopted children, would have the opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the peace their parents were working so hard for...Lisa Hunter, raised as she was in a military family, and already inculcated from an early age to a life of duty, could well appreciate what might face young people MADE for duty....And she was set on giving her daughters something more...
Still....even she wasn't ready for all of the challenges ahead..."

-----Doctor Daven Il'ang, Masters of Life: Creators, Clones, and the Psychology of DemiGodhood , New Tirol Press, Tiresia, 2058

Lisa: "Dear, put on a robe after you shower.....And tell your sister the same.....Ah, Rick, don't come out just yet....Okay, now you can....I ask you, how can anybody without any ego to speak of, have such an absolute sense of personal modesty?"

:lol: I wander how many times poor Rick walked in on them like that before they got that down. Well at least we now know were all the gray hair comes from. :lol:
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! Those were awesome! Please keep them coming! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
taalismn wrote:"My Private Doppler Radar went off"

Yes, but Private Doppler of the 15th ATAC died in the first battle with the Bioroids! :D Thats called a bit of ironic humor.

I know...the wordplay was too good to pass up(I shoulda just said 'Doppler Radar"), and Nova DOES learn from her mistakes... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"...It is known that Lisa Hayes-Hunter made one visit to certain sections of Terminal Dogma in the time after its capture by Southern Cross forces and its openning to the REF...Her trip was unannounced, little fanfare was made of it aside from some extra security posted during her trip, and she left without anyone the wiser...What little has been revealed about her trip was that stopped in a small underlit room noted for its bleak nature, and the placement of a beaker of water and a pair of glasses on a table in it...Immediately afterwards, she filed for adoptive guardianship of Rei Ayanami and two of her 'sisters'...It should also be noted that also immediately after her visit, the room and several adjacent chambers were subsequently filled with concrete and obliterated from the Terminal Dogma floorplans..."
----Maria San-Just, Shrivving Hell; The Occupation of the Tokyo-3 Geofront and Revelations of an Underground Society , Lone Gunman Press, Tampa Bay Hydrofront, 2049

"Gee, Lisa, I think you just used up most of our housing allowance on paint..."
"I just want their rooms to be as far removed from anything smacking of institutional-standard as possible.."
"So you're giving them flash-blindness, instead? Dear...put down the paint bucket...I'm wearing my Admiralty whites...Uh, dear?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! Ouch that hurt! Please keep them coming!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

..Most NERV perosnnel familiar with the young lady in question felt that anyone asking to take in Asuka Soryu-Langley was insane at best, suicidal at best...The fact that no less than THREE 'robotech' families asked for joint guardianship of the Second Child was taken as evidence that the 'others' were either without knowledge of what they were getting themselves into, or were truly ALIEN...In fact, all three potential guardians had very good reason for their petitions...Breetai and Kazianna Tul recognized a fighter-virago with the spirit of a Quadranno that, if not properly tutored and mentored, could self-destruct as violently as any Malcontent...Emil Lang felt a bit of obligation, having learned of her parentage; Lang had himself known a Kiyuko Langley in his younger days who bore a remarkable resemblance to the one of the 'Evangleion' Earth...but sadly, his continuua's mirror died in the Rain of Death...along with her daughter....Finally, the Grants were never known to back down from a challenge, and Bowie Grant seemed to hit it off as an older foil to the young hothead.
It must of been the greatest torture for someone who prided herself on 'needing nobody' to have been at the focus of attention of so many who felt she needed them..."

---John Gallery, Red Devil: The ASLG Story, McKinnon Publishers, Philadelphia, 2070

"I understand it is customary to give gifts during this time of year...Kazianna made you a sweater!"
"Ah, gee, thanks, Uncle Breetai...it's...it's big!"
"She asked me to tell you that you can 'grow into it'"
"Er....this is about those macronization experiments, isn't it?"
"Look on the bright side, 'sis'....if your ever take up winter sports, you can take it along as an emergency shelter..."
"Bowie, an emergency shelter? For a whole company of snow troopers? I think she used the entire yearly wool production of Scotland to make this thing!"
"So you like it?"
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! That was great! Again I'm coughing and laughing after reading this.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Well, in the Evangelion universe, New Zealand, that other great wool producer, got pretty much zuked by Second Impact

...adn Bowie's much more an effective foil to Asuka than Shinji ever was...He may be the sensitive muscian-artist type, but he's older, seen combat, can be downright aggressive when he has to(and when he doesn't...he threw the first punch that time against the Black Lions), ain't impressed by Asuka's high IQ(he's seen both the good and the bad of Louie Nichols), isn't too perturbed by her temper(he grew up with Dana Sterling), and drives heavier vehicles faster than Misato has(face it, a Renault just can't match up to a Spartas hovertank for sheer road meanness...)...Plus Vince is an engineer and an command officer, so he knows how to discipline people, and Jean has Ritsuko outmatched when it comes to compassion and knowing how to patch people up...If Asuka's not dealing with brain-twisters posed her by Emil Lang, she's trying to figure out tactical scenarios dropped on her by Breetai...at the end of the day, she's exhausted!
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

:lol: I got to ask, do you guys sit around all day thinking these this things up? :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote::lol: I got to ask, do you guys sit around all day thinking these this things up? :lol:

I have a desk job that gives me lots of time to read books, magazines, figure out WordPerfect, and generate ideas in my head...I have no other social life...

I also tend to phase in and out of reality like a Phaseworld Promethean in a death-metal thrash bar and lots of recharge clips for his equipment....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"So...what will it be today?"
"Your mission for today is to guard a Southern Cross airfield across the Gate from an anticipated Bioroid atatck."
"Oh man! They're going to swarm us! Progressive knives against hovercraft is like trying to swat bats with trash-spikes!"
"Not this time...this time we got a new toy for the Evangelions."
"What?"
"Shotguns...big 650mm pump-action shotguns with bioroid-shot...Asuka, quit drooling..."

Meanwhile...
*You will lead a mecha attack against the micronians and prevent their spacecraft from launching! The success of the Masters depends on your success!*
*(sputter) But we're the Guard Triumvirate, not pilot clones! Why do _we_ have to make the attack!? This is below us!*
*Because the success of our existance depends on the full utilization of all resources...And 85% of our Bioroid Clones have been rendered ineffective by the micronians' recent tactics. We must use all of our effectives if success is to be achieved. You're wasting air, water, and space just sitting on the Mothership. Now go out there and prove your elite status, Karno!*

"Here they comeeee....."
KLIK-CHAKK!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

:lol: You guys could make a living doing this! :lol:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

one of the oddities of the cross dimensional interchange was how readily the personel of "Evangelion" Earth adapted to membership in the United Earth Forces of "Robotech" earth. never was this more obvious than in the case of the Computer Technicians Maya Ibuki, Shigeru Aoba, and Makoto Hyuga.
on board the SDF-3:
"so, these new bridge officers are fairly competent. since you used to have that job, what's your opinion?"
"Frankly Captain, i think they still have some work to do before they'll be ready for the job."
"i seem to remember that you and the rest of the 'terrible trio' didn't start off too well either, Vanessa."
"no need to be rude Lisa."
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Henry Gloval looking at Shinji::: "Shinji! I am your father! Search your feelings, you know it is true."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Dairugger XV wrote:Shinji: Err, Mr. Sterl- I mean "dad", Sis said you had something for me.
Max: Not really me per say, but yeah. By the way when did you decide to grow your hair out?
Shinji: Welll, Kaji said it would help me attract girls.
Max: Trust me, you'll have better luck doing things my way.
Shinji: How did you meet mom?
Max: I beat her in combat, twice. Now get going to the lab, Louie says he fine tuned the FAST-packs for your new Super-Evangelion, and wants to try the "over the shoulder" configuration for the reflex cannon.
Shinji: Ooooh.

Max: "Oh, and son...chicks dig glasses."
Shinji: "They do?"
Max: "Yes, they do...trust me on this."
(meanwhile, somewhere, Kensuke Aida is getting punched out for the upteenth time...)

Flashback to the Pre-Takeover of NERV

Aoba: "All perimeter security scans check out...all is clear."
Fujutsuki: "Why the sudden paranoia, Gendo? Worried about something? Our 'visitors', perhaps?"
Gendo: "--hmph!---This General Emerson concerns me not...but we still have the Old Men to be concerned about. No, this 'Southern Cross' is a momentary distraction...they have neither the forces nor the cause to pose a threat to us, nore even express an interest in matters here..."

Meanwhile, 3,000 ft directly above the Geofront command pyramid, amidst the upsidedown buildings of Tokyo-3...

Sergeant Pedro Moralez of the Mountain Offense Squad withdraw his silenced rock drill from the side of the building frame, clipped the power tool to his belt, then inserted a holdfast into the hole, gave it a twist to open it up, then attached a line to it, gave a tug to make sure it was secure, then scooted along the 'junglegym' of lines his squad had set up among the rafters of this giant artificial cavern, to the camouflaged tent where they'd set up...
He looked down...down and down...at the forest and lake spread out below..>When the GMP had first approached his men about this, he'd thought they were crazy...His people were mountaineers, not spelunkers! Now he saw the wisdom of the GMP calling in specialists for this sort of thing...His people had been inserted during one of the periodic 'elevations' of the fortress-buildings, and they'd spent the last five days making like stainless steel rats in the rafters, watching from concealment the comings and goings below...
Moralez had spent harsher days in sling-sacks on the side of sheer mountains in the Andes, with nothing below his backside but air and condors...This was nothing compared to those experiences...no howling winds or whiteouts, and the temperature was nice...and after a few days, the men had found out how to access a few seldom-used maintenance worker restrooms, allowing them to empty out the wastebags they'd had along...The heavy-duty overhead lights(below the squad) further insured their camouflage; nobody could see beyond the day-glare they projected to see the extra specks moving about on the 'ceiling' of the vast subterranean space...The MOS squad was sitting..or rather hanging...pretty...

Moralez just hoped the GMP would get moving soon, though....As fun as this was, his men were combat troops, and they were itching for action. He fingered the grenade bandolier around his armor and thought of the rappeling lines and the heavy sniper rifles his men had....Yep, when the GMP gave the signal to move, he was sure his men were going to have the literal drop on the poor suckers down there...

(....Because Mountain Offense Squad doesn't get enough attention in my opinion)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Dairugger XV wrote:Shinji: Err, Mr. Sterl- I mean "dad", Sis said you had something for me.
Max: Not really me per say, but yeah. By the way when did you decide to grow your hair out?
Shinji: Welll, Kaji said it would help me attract girls.
Max: Trust me, you'll have better luck doing things my way.
Shinji: How did you meet mom?
Max: I beat her in combat, twice. Now get going to the lab, Louie says he fine tuned the FAST-packs for your new Super-Evangelion, and wants to try the "over the shoulder" configuration for the reflex cannon.
Shinji: Ooooh.

Max: "Oh, and son...chicks dig glasses."
Shinji: "They do?"
Max: "Yes, they do...trust me on this."
(meanwhile, somewhere, Kensuke Aida is getting punched out for the upteenth time...)

Flashback to the Pre-Takeover of NERV

Aoba: "All perimeter security scans check out...all is clear."
Fujutsuki: "Why the sudden paranoia, Gendo? Worried about something? Our 'visitors', perhaps?"
Gendo: "--hmph!---This General Emerson concerns me not...but we still have the Old Men to be concerned about. No, this 'Southern Cross' is a momentary distraction...they have neither the forces nor the cause to pose a threat to us, nore even express an interest in matters here..."

Meanwhile, 3,000 ft directly above the Geofront command pyramid, amidst the upsidedown buildings of Tokyo-3...

Sergeant Pedro Moralez of the Mountain Offense Squad withdraw his silenced rock drill from the side of the building frame, clipped the power tool to his belt, then inserted a holdfast into the hole, gave it a twist to open it up, then attached a line to it, gave a tug to make sure it was secure, then scooted along the 'junglegym' of lines his squad had set up among the rafters of this giant artificial cavern, to the camouflaged tent where they'd set up...
He looked down...down and down...at the forest and lake spread out below..>When the GMP had first approached his men about this, he'd thought they were crazy...His people were mountaineers, not spelunkers! Now he saw the wisdom of the GMP calling in specialists for this sort of thing...His people had been inserted during one of the periodic 'elevations' of the fortress-buildings, and they'd spent the last five days making like stainless steel rats in the rafters, watching from concealment the comings and goings below...
Moralez had spent harsher days in sling-sacks on the side of sheer mountains in the Andes, with nothing below his backside but air and condors...This was nothing compared to those experiences...no howling winds or whiteouts, and the temperature was nice...and after a few days, the men had found out how to access a few seldom-used maintenance worker restrooms, allowing them to empty out the wastebags they'd had along...The heavy-duty overhead lights(below the squad) further insured their camouflage; nobody could see beyond the day-glare they projected to see the extra specks moving about on the 'ceiling' of the vast subterranean space...The MOS squad was sitting..or rather hanging...pretty...

Moralez just hoped the GMP would get moving soon, though....As fun as this was, his men were combat troops, and they were itching for action. He fingered the grenade bandolier around his armor and thought of the rappeling lines and the heavy sniper rifles his men had....Yep, when the GMP gave the signal to move, he was sure his men were going to have the literal drop on the poor suckers down there...

(....Because Mountain Offense Squad doesn't get enough attention in my opinion)

Nice write up for the MOS.
taalismn
Priest

Blame National Geographic...every time I look at the MOS guys, I think of the NUTS who camp out hanging over open space in a sleeping bag that if it isn't properly secured, becomes a bodybag...

Really, MOS seems almost a novelty, and aside from mention in fan sources of one of their bases being taken over by the Invid for Bernard's group to later blow up, the MOS virtually vanish from Robotech annals...These guys deserve better, so when it comes to sniper work in high places, high rises, and places where a fear of heights is a no-no, they ought be called in...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Nova walks in to see Gendo bound and gagged, and hears the gurgle of fluid...
Nova: "Wait, I know we suspended the normal prisoner rights where attempted planetary genocide was involved, but I thought we agreed that waterboarding was off-limits!"
GMP Interrogation Expert: "Oh, we know that...that's why we're 'jello-popping' him!"
...As Gendo is lowered into a tank of chilled purplish goo...he comes back up sputtering and covered in slimy gelatine...
"*MMMPHHTFFF!!!**"
*"Strawberry! I HATE strawberry!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!!! Always love when Gendo is getting tortured!!! He deserves it! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

...a dripping wet Gendo is wheeled onto a catwalk platform overlooking Unit-)1...Gendo is strapped into a metal chair festooned with electrical wires...As he looks at the looming front of Evangelion Unit-01 he notices an addition to the restraint cage holding the giant biomechanoid...a big red button near one of its hands..

SC Tech:(into recorder)"Proceeding with test of quiscent Evangelion Unit's perception and conscious acknowledgement of events around itself in non-dormant, but inactive, state using wired guinea-pig pain indicator, similar to arranegment previously used in university pleasure-pain studies, with indictator rigged for electrical shocks activated by Unit-01 consciously activating current enabler control..."

..Gendo's eyes widden when he sees Unit-01's hand clench into a fist and come down hammer-like at the red button even before the tech finishes his summary...

"NNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHGAHGAHGAHGHHHGGGNNNN!!!"

"Someone having a barbecue around here? I smell cooking swine..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! I know there are those who check this thread on a regular basis love to see Gendo suffering! Please keep it up!!! :D

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”