Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Heya people, I got a question that my brother wanted to know the answer to. So here goes: How effective would the Eva's (from Neon Genesis Evangeleon) be in the Robotech universe in any of the sega's?? Also how would Protoculture/Robotechnology effect them?? Now, you'll have to understand that I'm asking on behalf of my brother (who's into both series practically relegiously and who doesn't have an account here).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Well the Eva's are going to have a short life span when unplugged. But being at around the size of the original Veritechs (possibly larger - can't recall) they should be able to take quite on. Where the EVA's lack is long range weaponry, and quick movement. If a VF was working it, they could easily do well against the EVA.

Overall - I'd say even money - depending on if the Eva had formed a bond with its pilot.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Killing Ikari Gendo with Robotechnology is a hobby of mine... :D

Evangelion UNits are HUGE...in the 200-300 ft range; they tower over even MAC-2s.....It's pitting giants against midgets...Zentraedi mecha would be closer in size, and they're STILL frakkin' short compared to an EVA Unit!

The big problem is the Absolute Terror Field, but Robotech has its own reality-bending weaponry with Reflex and Protoculture weaponry...Typically EVAs use their own AT fields to open up an Angel to an attack, then ace them with some other weapon, so melee weapons are best and most effective, but in the series we see Angels blown down by particle beam cannons(powered by all of post-Impact Japan's electrical grid) and by super-sniper rifles...

Reflex cannons and Syncro-Cannons are at LEAST as powerful as that...
They SHOULD be able to punch through an AT Field and EVA armor without much trouble...Disruptors probably wouldn't work...they're calibrated for Invid forcefields, but they MIGHT work as well...

The big advantage the Robotech mecha have is not armor(a good smack by an EVA will tear apart the average VF) but their small (relative)size and agility....It will be like Puss in Boots tackling Schrek the Ogre....the VFs (or in one of my scenarios, Bioroids) can midget wrestler-swarm an EVA, cut its power cord, tear off its battery packs, and pry open its pilot plug...Against Invid, the JSDF 'disposables' would have a better chance of success than the three EVA Units...
And if the REF just decided to send in Cycloners...If they could avoid being trapped in Bakelite, Terminal Dogma is toast... :demon:

Verdict: Robotech wins! 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Contaminate Tokyo-3's water supply with Prozac then...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"Veritechs are powered by Protoculture, an alien bio-energy source, of conditionally finite supply.
Evangelions are powered by Angst, of which Ikari Shinji has an indefinite supply of."

I forget where I encountered that....they also mention Gundams, NewTypes, and Hotbloodedness as power sources...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Dairugger XV wrote:There are not enough sanity-inducing drugs in the entire Megaverse to cure what's all wrong Shinji, much less Tokyo-3.

Okay...we skip to Reflex Warheads to cure that hellhole...

"And so it was, perhaps one of the most inane blunders in all tne annals of modern warfare, as well as of bureaucratic screwups, that Ikari Gendo neglected to check the existing geographical surveys when he 'discovered' the GeoFront beneath Tokyo-3, or perhaps it was SEELE's convoluted conspiracies that prevented one hand from knowing what the other was doing, or that the Japanese division of the UEG Robotech Defense Forces---the so-called UN SPACY---was so adept at secrecy in executing its own secret construction projects----that NERV was established in the mouth of the Japan Geo-ElectroThermalMagnetic Reflex Projection Assembly...The Kamikaze Cannon...Surely SOMEBODY in the UN SPACY must have looked out a window or down a tunnel and wondered who the HELL was laying down sod, a lake, and a city in the gun-muzzle...and somebody in NERV must have wondered about all the heavy power leads and military personnel wandering around in their basement...
Regardless of who deserved to be hung, it is perhaps just as well that Ikari Gendo's 'Third Impact' occured on the date of the Zentraedi Rain of Death..Though the Kamikaze Cannon might have taken out a substantially greater portion of Dolza's fleet were not its function impeded by the Terminal Dogma installation blocking it, arguably a worse global castastrophe was averted by the obliteration of NERV."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:
Dairugger XV wrote:There are not enough sanity-inducing drugs in the entire Megaverse to cure what's all wrong Shinji, much less Tokyo-3.

Okay...we skip to Reflex Warheads to cure that hellhole...

"And so it was, perhaps one of the most inane blunders in all tne annals of modern warfare, as well as of bureaucratic screwups, that Ikari Gendo neglected to check the existing geographical surveys when he 'discovered' the GeoFront beneath Tokyo-3, or perhaps it was SEELE's convoluted conspiracies that prevented one hand from knowing what the other was doing, or that the Japanese division of the UEG Robotech Defense Forces---the so-called UN SPACY---was so adept at secrecy in executing its own secret construction projects----that NERV was established in the mouth of the Japan Geo-ElectroThermalMagnetic Reflex Projection Assembly...The Kamikaze Cannon...Surely SOMEBODY in the UN SPACY must have looked out a window or down a tunnel and wondered who the HELL was laying down sod, a lake, and a city in the gun-muzzle...and somebody in NERV must have wondered about all the heavy power leads and military personnel wandering around in their basement...
Regardless of who deserved to be hung, it is perhaps just as well that Ikari Gendo's 'Third Impact' occured on the date of the Zentraedi Rain of Death..Though the Kamikaze Cannon might have taken out a substantially greater portion of Dolza's fleet were not its function impeded by the Terminal Dogma installation blocking it, arguably a worse global castastrophe was averted by the obliteration of NERV."

:D He, he, that was funny! :D
taalismn
Priest

I always thought 'Gunbuster' had to be the most bizarre homage to both 'Johnny Sako' and "The Forever War' .....Yah...I think a robot that wipes out entire FLEETS of alien space monsters(even without self-destructing Excelion battlefortresses) would make quick work of an Angel...Might have a tougher time of it against the Mass Production Evas dogpacking it...But Noriko has infinitely more strive to win than Shinji...

But I would so love to see the REF beating up on SEELE, or what the cloning chambers of a G95 Factory Satellite could do with Rei's DNA(what? Can't you see her as a Bioroid pilot or a Zentraedi? :D )

SEELE and the Robotech Masters...two groups of manipulative old men out to re-arrange reality to their personal will...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

It would be epic...Three way battle between Space Monsters, Gunbuster, and EVA Units, while SEELE, JSSDF, NERV, and REF forces duke it out in the GeoFront...Toss in Rogue Zentraedi, Invid, maybe the Masters, and a demon invasion force just for kicks...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That would one heck of a fight! I'd pay to watch it!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:I always thought 'Gunbuster' had to be the most bizarre homage to both 'Johnny Sako' and "The Forever War' .....Yah...I think a robot that wipes out entire FLEETS of alien space monsters(even without self-destructing Excelion battlefortresses) would make quick work of an Angel...Might have a tougher time of it against the Mass Production Evas dogpacking it...But Noriko has infinitely more strive to win than Shinji...

But I would so love to see the REF beating up on SEELE, or what the cloning chambers of a G95 Factory Satellite could do with Rei's DNA(what? Can't you see her as a Bioroid pilot or a Zentraedi? :D )

SEELE and the Robotech Masters...two groups of manipulative old men out to re-arrange reality to their personal will...

:shock: Wow, that would be cool to see Rei, like that. And maybe she can be more of a force for good that time around.
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:It would be epic...Three way battle between Space Monsters, Gunbuster, and EVA Units, while SEELE, JSSDF, NERV, and REF forces duke it out in the GeoFront...Toss in Rogue Zentraedi, Invid, maybe the Masters, and a demon invasion force just for kicks...

I just have one thing to say about that, :D "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!" :D
Aramanthus
Monk

Consider the uncanny resembelance of the coach to Elvis! I always thought coach should shake his hips more often! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

First step to working with NERV...
Gendo has an accident...preferably fatal...at least crippling(and removes his mobility and ability to communicate)
Secure Terminal Dogma(no point in somebody triggering another IMpact event)
Sedate Dr. Akagi(or at least weld her into a room...she IS the Weakest Adult Link...

Coordinate with JSDF...The REF will be good at this...Reflex ordnance and N2 weapons at extreme range...anything comes through it unscathed, sic the Gunbuster on it(Mass Production Gunbusters on the flanks) ...EVAs bat cleanup... REF forces stand local guard against infiltrators and conventional forces(like Invid scouts and raiders).

Of course, if your really want turnabout Epic..Ally the REF and the Invid(and maybe the Zentraedi) has the Haydonites make a surprise appearance!)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I wouldn't cry at Genod's funeral!

HH....FIE
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Given that each Anime universe tends to have their own physical laws, any cross over could potentially destroy both universes if they where not compatible in some way.

Yes that's it. It would destroy all participating universes with the cross over. ;)
Alpha 11
Palladin

ShadowLogan wrote:Given that each Anime universe tends to have their own physical laws, any cross over could potentially destroy both universes if they where not compatible in some way.

Yes that's it. It would destroy all participating universes with the cross over. ;)

I just have one thing to say about that, :D BA HUMBUG! :D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

here's a scary thought. that "orbital warp blast" thing done in SC was mentioned as taking the ship to another universe. of course, they got back OK.

what if they didn't return to RT, but ended up somewhere else? :demon:
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

I've already done the too a group of Robotech ships! Where they went too, I'm willing to admit it was another PB game.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Used the Warp Blast to get a cast of SC and RM characters into a pocket universe....several centuries later, their descendants are dimensional raiders and merchants from the Dark Sun.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Given that each Anime universe tends to have their own physical laws, any cross over could potentially destroy both universes if they where not compatible in some way.

I just have one thing to say about that, :D BA HUMBUG! :D

I say...Evangelion's 'Red Earth/Black Moon' ceremony...
"Holy crud! That's a DOMINATOR WARMOON!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh no! Run away!!!! :The bards start singing about Brave, brave sir Robin!:

HH....FIE
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

here's a scary thought. that "orbital warp blast" thing done in SC was mentioned as taking the ship to another universe. of course, they got back OK.

what if they didn't return to RT, but ended up somewhere else?

I've often wondered why the Zentraedi thought space folding within a gravity well was said to be impossible. What is shown seems to imply navigational difficulties.

Leading off that what if the SDF-1 did not Fold out near Pluto but well outside the Solar System? Or if other equally "impossible" events also happened because of the Fold like maybe multiple SDF-1s w/Macross Islands all defold at various points (like a few ST episodes with transporter duplicates).

If you want to get technical Robotech runs off three different laws of physics. Scratch that, make it four with Shadow Chronicles. So, Robotech could probably survive a crossover with another universe.

True, but they are all regarded as taking place in the same universe in their RT version. So the laws would all be the same regardless of which RT chapter we are looking at.
Alpha 11
Palladin

ShadowLogan wrote:

what if they didn't return to RT, but ended up somewhere else?

I've often wondered why the Zentraedi thought space folding within a gravity well was said to be impossible. What is shown seems to imply navigational difficulties.

Leading off that what if the SDF-1 did not Fold out near Pluto but well outside the Solar System? Or if other equally "impossible" events also happened because of the Fold like maybe multiple SDF-1s w/Macross Islands all defold at various points (like a few ST episodes with transporter duplicates).

If you want to get technical Robotech runs off three different laws of physics. Scratch that, make it four with Shadow Chronicles. So, Robotech could probably survive a crossover with another universe.

True, but they are all regarded as taking place in the same universe in their RT version. So the laws would all be the same regardless of which RT chapter we are looking at.

Now THAT sounds interesting.
taalismn
Priest

NERV Bridge Bunny: "What's that sound?"
SEcond NERV Bridge Bunny: "What sound?"
1st Bridge Bunny: "Like a rapidly approaching freight train.."
Gendo(High above): "Bah, freight train sounds are not part of the scenario..."WUNCH!

(SDF-1's missing Fold Drives crash into Gendo's command pulpit, killing him instantly..)

1st NERV Bridge Bunny: "Ah, I see...the sound of the other boot coming down..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:NERV Bridge Bunny: "What's that sound?"
SEcond NERV Bridge Bunny: "What sound?"
1st Bridge Bunny: "Like a rapidly approaching freight train.."
Gendo(High above): "Bah, freight train sounds are not part of the scenario..."WUNCH!

(SDF-1's missing Fold Drives crash into Gendo's command pulpit, killing him instantly..)

1st NERV Bridge Bunny: "Ah, I see...the sound of the other boot coming down..."

:lol: HA! HA! That was funny! :lol:
taalismn
Priest

G-95 cloning tanks finish their cloning cycle and hiss open...
As if in synch, several hundred forty-foot tall Ayanami Rei/Zentraedi hybrid clones step out of their tanks to begin their new lives as terrors of the Megaverse...

Micronian-sized Asuka(standing at the end of the room): "...mustn't run away...mustn't run away...mustn't run away..."

One of the giantesses notices her and looks down...then leans closer...

Zayanami#342: "DOLLY!"

Asuka: "Oh schistz....RUN AWAY!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:G-95 cloning tanks finish their cloning cycle and hiss open...
As if in synch, several hundred forty-foot tall Ayanami Rei/Zentraedi hybrid clones step out of their tanks to begin their new lives as terrors of the Megaverse...

Micronian-sized Asuka(standing at the end of the room): "...mustn't run away...mustn't run away...mustn't run away..."

One of the giantesses notices her and looks down...then leans closer...

Zayanami#342: "DOLLY!"

Asuka: "Oh schistz....RUN AWAY!!!"

:lol: :lol: NOW that is very funny! :lol: :lol:
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

I've already rifted meltrans and Vt pilots in rifts.Talk about munchkin.The Macross VT's speed,agility and ability to increase m.d.c makes them nasty.I also found out that most Gm's won't let you use Metal Siren's because of their munchie ways or mine. :-P
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
taalismn
Priest

Zentraedi Bioborgs(or worse yet, Biotics)...Now THAT'S Entertainment!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Scott Bernard with a Metal Siren...all those missiles...not a happy thought... :D

Evangelion Related Thought: Emil Lang vs Ritsuko Akagi...who wins?
You can choose the contest: chess, pipe wrenches, insults... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

I'll go with you on the chess...
Physically, I'd say for his greater age, Lang's in better physical shape...as far as we know, he has no vices...Rits smokes...She might be able to initially outrace him in a marathon, but he'll pass her when she stops to suck air...

Insults: Lang could ace her if it got personal....He's got ethics on his side; he's never really sold out or shaded the truth...Rits knowingly got herself stuck selling her ethics for a few empty nights of sex....If Lang wasn't above striking a few low blows...he could devastate her by attacking her professional ethics and pathetic choice in lovers...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

He would be completely unphazed by Misato's driving...
He'd spot Rei as a clone/test tube baby right off the bat...
He'd put Toji in traction for attacking him...
He'd laugh at Kensuke's idea of military life...
He'd teach Misato to cook...
He'd interpret Asuka's aggression towards him as an expression of desire...or at least the perfect set-up for him dating her....
He'd dye his hair blue or green...
Giant humanoids would hold no fear for him...
He'd have a pet Pollinator following around(and annoying the hell out of Pen-Pen)
He'd spot Flower of Life growing in the GeoFront...
He'd salute Gendo, but would sell him out to REF MilIntel in a second...
He'd insist on missiles and more missiles on his Evangelion...
He'd ask for a motorcycle in the Entry Plug...
And a helmet for the Plugsuit...
He'd insist on an Evangelion that could fly...
He'd scoff at Jet Alone and wonder why they didn't buy a few dozen Destroids instead...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:He would be completely unphazed by Misato's driving...
He'd spot Rei as a clone/test tube baby right off the bat...
He'd put Toji in traction for attacking him...
He'd laugh at Kensuke's idea of military life...
He'd teach Misato to cook...
He'd interpret Asuka's aggression towards him as an expression of desire...or at least the perfect set-up for him dating her....
He'd dye his hair blue or green...
Giant humanoids would hold no fear for him...
He'd have a pet Pollinator following around(and annoying the hell out of Pen-Pen)
He'd spot Flower of Life growing in the GeoFront...
He'd salute Gendo, but would sell him out to REF MilIntel in a second...
He'd insist on missiles and more missiles on his Evangelion...
He'd ask for a motorcycle in the Entry Plug...
And a helmet for the Plugsuit...
He'd insist on an Evangelion that could fly...
He'd scoff at Jet Alone and wonder why they didn't buy a few dozen Destroids instead...

:lol: I cannot help but chuckle at that. He would also run rings around the other pilots and the angles would have a very hard time him. He would also insist on a giant version of the disrutor cannon for his Eva.
taalismn
Priest

Of course, once Asuka found out who'd fostered him, she'd be constantly challenging him..."Think you're so hot because Max Sterling raised you?!"

Shinji: "We may not know everything about Protoculture, but at least the mecha don't try to kill you when they start up, or dissolve you into primordial soup when you go all out..."

Shinji: "What do you mean, Misato? Isn't coffee SUPPOSED to explode? It's the way my foster-mother taught me to make it."

What if....Unable to have a child of their own, Rick and Lisa Hunter adopted a Rei(maybe two, three?"What? You raising a Triumvirate?") instead? :D

Fuyutsuki: "Yeah, I remember when Henri Gloval and I would sit around in a harborside bar getting drunk off our arses, arguing the academic and military sides of various issues...that after a few more drinks, we'd wake up in the local hosgow for tearing the bar apart..."

Gendo: "Oops...wrong bridge...this wasn't in the scenario..."

Regis: "Looking around the Geofront)"I'll take it! Put some Flowers over there and there...and a hedge over there...a forcefield up there....and clean out the cellar!"

"Oh, look! Seven Mass Production Evangelions...Too bad I have fifty Zentraedi ships with positron main guns! Fire at will!"

Misato: "mmmm....a beer vending machine that follows me around..."

Cyclone Soldier: "Level secured. What do you want us to do about the aquarium with the kids floating around in it?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Janice Em---Emil Lang's 'neice'
Scott Bernard---Emil Lang's godson...
Emil Lang's got a surprisingly big family for Robotech characters...for all we know he's the most well-adjusted of the whole lot...so let's add some more...
Asuka Soryu Langley---his 'daughter'..
Hey, Asuka's supposedly the result of mild eugenic engineering(a sperm bank in some versions), so it's entirely possible that Emil was asked to contribute in his younger days...Heck, maybe he even KNEW Asuka's mom, but for professional reasons couldn't pursue a more serious relationship with her...
Well, now he knows...And he's going to take responsibility for her...
Now, how might she have turned out?

Hmmm...

Less arrogant maybe?
Strange eyes..
She has to PROVE she has college degrees..
She HAS college degrees already, in PRACTICAL courses...
She can tell Ritsuko what changes she wants made to her EVA, and how exactly to do it..
She doesn't gloat about her EVA being the first production model...she knows that sometimes the prototypes have more bells and whistles...
She's building a friend in her room....
She's already hacked the MAGI, and knows what happened to her mother...
She gets occasional Protoculture-inspired visions from time to time..
She tends to lapse into a thick Scandanavian or Germanic accent when under pressure...
She takes no notice of Misato's bad cooking....pulling MIT-style allnighters, she's eaten worse...
She's had her EVA's colors changed from Red and White to Red and Gray...Blood and Concrete...
She socializes with the computer-nerds at a school...
She's building an EVA-sized weapon to taste in the garage of Misato's apartment building...
Her last modification to Misato's fridge put a beer can through the walls of two adjacent buildings at a hefty percentage of light speed..Unfortunately Pen-Pen was holding onto it at the time...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO! I see the madness has continued! :lol: That is good to hear!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Rei(s) Hunter-Ayanami, adopted and raised by the HUnters:

--NEVER suffer from vertigo
--Synchronized ariel acrobatics
--ABHOR idol-singers
--Can fly just about ANYTHING
--Only people to JOINTLY share amateur aviation acrobatics awards.
--Believe a woman's proper place is in the command chair of any capital starship.
---Can fly tactical AND do bridge duty, but if both are on duty, they MUST be doing the same thing; otherwise one will ignore regulations and argue with the other over proper procedure.
--Jumpstarted the 'skintight spacesuit' fashion craze again...
---Able to drive subordinates insane by issuing the same orders in stereo...
--Able to provide their OWN bridge point defense forcefield...
--Manic-Depression---when one's manic, the other's depressive, and vice-versa.
--Just ordered a Main Cannon strike on Gendo's residence(being the Admiral's kids is FUN)
--Tend to test each other's boyfriends....if he can't tell the difference, ditch him. if he can tell the difference between them, keep him. If he can, but is turned on by the idea of doing twins, ATfield him...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Janice Em---Emil Lang's 'neice'
Scott Bernard---Emil Lang's godson...
Emil Lang's got a surprisingly big family for Robotech characters...for all we know he's the most well-adjusted of the whole lot...so let's add some more...
Asuka Soryu Langley---his 'daughter'..
Hey, Asuka's supposedly the result of mild eugenic engineering(a sperm bank in some versions), so it's entirely possible that Emil was asked to contribute in his younger days...Heck, maybe he even KNEW Asuka's mom, but for professional reasons couldn't pursue a more serious relationship with her...
Well, now he knows...And he's going to take responsibility for her...
Now, how might she have turned out?

Hmmm...

Less arrogant maybe?
Strange eyes..
She has to PROVE she has college degrees..
She HAS college degrees already, in PRACTICAL courses...
She can tell Ritsuko what changes she wants made to her EVA, and how exactly to do it..
She doesn't gloat about her EVA being the first production model...she knows that sometimes the prototypes have more bells and whistles...
She's building a friend in her room....
She's already hacked the MAGI, and knows what happened to her mother...
She gets occasional Protoculture-inspired visions from time to time..
She tends to lapse into a thick Scandanavian or Germanic accent when under pressure...
She takes no notice of Misato's bad cooking....pulling MIT-style allnighters, she's eaten worse...
She's had her EVA's colors changed from Red and White to Red and Gray...Blood and Concrete...
She socializes with the computer-nerds at a school...
She's building an EVA-sized weapon to taste in the garage of Misato's apartment building...
Her last modification to Misato's fridge put a beer can through the walls of two adjacent buildings at a hefty percentage of light speed..Unfortunately Pen-Pen was holding onto it at the time...

:lol: :lol: *Rolls on the ground while laughing* I loved that last one!!!! :lol: :lol:
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Rei(s) Hunter-Ayanami, adopted and raised by the HUnters:

--NEVER suffer from vertigo
--Synchronized ariel acrobatics
--ABHOR idol-singers
--Can fly just about ANYTHING
--Only people to JOINTLY share amateur aviation acrobatics awards.
--Believe a woman's proper place is in the command chair of any capital starship.
---Can fly tactical AND do bridge duty, but if both are on duty, they MUST be doing the same thing; otherwise one will ignore regulations and argue with the other over proper procedure.
--Jumpstarted the 'skintight spacesuit' fashion craze again...
---Able to drive subordinates insane by issuing the same orders in stereo...
--Able to provide their OWN bridge point defense forcefield...
--Manic-Depression---when one's manic, the other's depressive, and vice-versa.
--Just ordered a Main Cannon strike on Gendo's residence(being the Admiral's kids is FUN)
--Tend to test each other's boyfriends....if he can't tell the difference, ditch him. if he can tell the difference between them, keep him. If he can, but is turned on by the idea of doing twins, ATfield him...

:lol: Another good one! :lol:
taalismn
Priest

To add to the Rei Hunter list:

---Everybody comments how GOOD they look in command Whites...
---Zentraedi feel even more loyalty to them; she's a clone like them(extend this to include Tirolians if the Hunters adopt triplets).
---Maia Sterling has somebody around with an even more unusual family background than herself...
---Makes the idea of a human Invid like Ariel look positively MUNDANE in comparison...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Thanks...Glad I could help...when you get it together, feel free to private-message me the details... :-D

Really, though...In NGE, families are dysfunctional by DESIGN, in Robotech they're dysfunctional by CIRCUMSTANCE...In Robotech, the enemies can be fought with guns, ingenuity, courage, and occasionally reason and compassion...In NGE, they can only be fought by global conspiracies and traumatized children piloting warped JudeoChristian ideology bio-golems...In NGE, clones are the stuff of tragic conspiracy...In Robotech they're the hot new singles scene...In NGE N2 mines do jack but pretty lights...In Robotech Reflex Cannons blow through just about ANYTHING....In Robotech, it takes entire freakin' alien armadas to threaten Humanity, and even then there's plenty of us to carry on the fight...In NGE, it takes a bunch of old men, one demented nut, and a Lilith clone to make us all go SPLUSH...In NGE, the warriors go nuts, absorbed into their mecha, quit their jobs, go catatonic, or else get painfully assimilated and are forced to committ suicide when they take a few hits...In Robotech, what doesn't instantly kill the characters gives them the excuse to drag their battered bodies out of their shot-up mecha and into the next episode to get even....In NGE, Children fight for their scheming unappreciative adults...In Robotech, the adults will lay down their LIVES to protect kids...

In NGE, if you're the Evangelion pilot, you're pretty much IT....nothing else aside from the handful of similar units can even TOUCH the enemy....You're on your own...
In Robotech, you got wingmates, Destroids, Cycloners, Hovertankers, Resistance Cells, Battlefortresses...heck...sometimes even some of your former enemies.... backing you up...

Frankly, which do YOU think is going to be more conducive to happy childhoods?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are great ones! Please keep them coming!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Now, we need an excuse to slip a unit of the Dinochrome Brigade outside Tokyo-3.
Hellbores versus Evangelions? Mark XXXIIIs versus the Magi?
Come to think of it...Mark XXXIIIs versus Invid or Robotech Masters?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Thanks...Glad I could help...when you get it together, feel free to private-message me the details... :-D

Really, though...In NGE, families are dysfunctional by DESIGN, in Robotech they're dysfunctional by CIRCUMSTANCE...In Robotech, the enemies can be fought with guns, ingenuity, courage, and occasionally reason and compassion...In NGE, they can only be fought by global conspiracies and traumatized children piloting warped JudeoChristian ideology bio-golems...In NGE, clones are the stuff of tragic conspiracy...In Robotech they're the hot new singles scene...In NGE N2 mines do jack but pretty lights...In Robotech Reflex Cannons blow through just about ANYTHING....In Robotech, it takes entire freakin' alien armadas to threaten Humanity, and even then there's plenty of us to carry on the fight...In NGE, it takes a bunch of old men, one demented nut, and a Lilith clone to make us all go SPLUSH...In NGE, the warriors go nuts, absorbed into their mecha, quit their jobs, go catatonic, or else get painfully assimilated and are forced to committ suicide when they take a few hits...In Robotech, what doesn't instantly kill the characters gives them the excuse to drag their battered bodies out of their shot-up mecha and into the next episode to get even....In NGE, Children fight for their scheming unappreciative adults...In Robotech, the adults will lay down their LIVES to protect kids...

In NGE, if you're the Evangelion pilot, you're pretty much IT....nothing else aside from the handful of similar units can even TOUCH the enemy....You're on your own...
In Robotech, you got wingmates, Destroids, Cycloners, Hovertankers, Resistance Cells, Battlefortresses...heck...sometimes even some of your former enemies.... backing you up...

Frankly, which do YOU think is going to be more conducive to happy childhoods?

:shock: Wow, talk about oppisites in almost everything. NGE makes Robotech look like one of those stories were everyone lives happily ever after. :shock:
taalismn
Priest

Compared to NGE..Robotech -IS-

a little omake:

-Gendo descends into the lower levels of Terminal Dogma and enters a certain room...the Reiqurium...He goes to the central cylinder and turns on the light, looking at at the purple-haired form within...
"You're not Rei!"
"You think?!"*CRASH**Meaty SMACK*"..Urgh!..."*THUD*

A minute later, Zor Prime II is finished stripping the clothes off a beaten- unconscious Gendo, and is finishing getting dressed, muttering to himself all the while...
"Of all the places to have to stash backups...why'd I have to choose THIS hellhole?! Akagi's not even a REAL blonde!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! I always love seeing bad things happen to Gendo! I really hated that character in that show! Yeah for ZOR!!! Hit him again Zor!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Lieutenant Nova Satori, Global Military Police...WE're here to place Ikari Gendo under arrest. Here's our warrent."
"'GMP'?! What the hell is THAT?! You don't have authority to enter here!"
*ZAPFT!* "AUGH!!!"*thud*"...my leeggggg!!!!..."
"Oh, excuse me, this is my OTHER authority...a Nightstalker laser pistol."
"Er, ma'am...technically the Nightstalker's a BATTLOID-sized weapon scaled for mecha, not a handheld personal weapon...What you're holding is more likely a PANTHER laser pistol..."
"Corporal, that would be just plain silly...A battloid-scaled weapon would have vaporized this man, not put a cauterized hole through his leg...I'm aggressive, but not homicidal...so obviously I'm holding a Nightstalker PISTOL...understand? I'll have no model-sheet nitpicking on this mission!"
"...yes, ma'am..."
"Good, however, if we should encounter any more delays in executing this arrest warrent, we're authorized to use mecha-scale weapons. That better?"
"Quite, ma'am."
"Now, start moving squads in, and let's get this over with."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! That was another great one! Gendo get's arrested! :D

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

:D YAAA!! Down with Gendo! :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”