Invid Mecha: Power Source?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Invid Mecha: Power Source?

Unread post by Novastar »

I was wondering, in the Invid Invasion time period, fuel is a big concern.
But what do Invid mecha get their power from, and how long does it last?

I ask since I'm running a post-Invid Invasion game, and one of the players wants to play a "humanized" Stage 5 Invid, with RCB. How long does the power last on the thing?
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Off the top of my head (no books), I'd say twice as long as an alpha by themselves, but, since the Stage 5 doesn't need to be immersed in the flower of life pool, I'd make a Stage 5 invid mecha last 18-24 months.

I say this only because the Invid have a better understanding of protoculture and can get more 'juice' out of it than the REF can (which, by looking at things, the REF's understanding of protoculture went downhill compared to the RDF's VF-1 series :D)
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Then again, the REF have a knowledge of how to cultivate the FOL to get protoculture, the RDF didn't. So the RDF put super-huge charges into the things, which was a serious waste of flower power compared to the alphas etc, which being so heavily ammo dependent to boot, were never really MEANT to fight a guerilla war behind enemy lines.

Every time a VF or a Destroid was destroyed (ahaha) a little more of the precious protocultre reserve was gone. They didn't want that same thing happening with the alpha, ergo, the protoculture cell thing, which can also power cyclones, cola vans, and invid distractions (you see lancer use one of those in Annies Birthday)

The Invid also use protoculture cells but I'm not sure how long they last for. It mentions this in the book (I'm too tired to find the exact page no) but it says that a BME can rejigger an invid cell to fit an alpha, and invid missiles to fit REF mecha.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

personally i like the Bio-mecha concept.

like with the aliens from independance day, the mecha is a living orginism that lives off the FoL, controlled quasi-telepathically by the invid inside.

the battloids would be a bit more machine like, and would require P-Cells, but likely in the same quantities as the alpha.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Maybe it's brodcasted power from the hives. The units with longer range either have better receivers or require less power.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Advanced Neural power link provided by the pilots maybe?
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

<snicker>
I'm suprised no one's told me it flies on "Flower Power"... :lol:
I was leaning towards the same flight time as the other REF mecha (about one year on 16 cells). I think I'll go with that.

Thanks for the responses, guys and gals!
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Novastar wrote:<snicker>
I'm suprised no one's told me it flies on "Flower Power"... :lol:
I was leaning towards the same flight time as the other REF mecha (about one year on 16 cells). I think I'll go with that.

Thanks for the responses, guys and gals!

*points to my previous post*
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

lol. I missed it my first reading...

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”