Why do some of you think the RPG says 1 MAsters mothership?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

I agree that there was more than 1 RM Mothership. I think the confusion arises from the fact that the RPG never specifies how many more than one there are was in orbit of Earth. I've always used three, to give a further reinforcement of the Triumvirate, but Rapid and Col. Wolfe have said there's about a dozen (and since they're much bigger SC fans than I, I take them at their word).
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

I've always thought that there was more than one in the RPG. Invid Invasion states 'a mother ship crashed in indochina with survivors blah blah', meaning one of many.

I also can't quite believe that people think the RPG states only one.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Re: Why do some of you think the RPG says 1 MAsters mothersh

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Basara_549 wrote:I've seen this in a few posts, and it boggles the mind. The description in the RPG says no such thing.

Yes, it does seem to be a disease of the mind on this board about what the RPG says and doesn't say. Alot of it, of course, is contamination from the novels..... :badbad: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust:
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Yeah, the rpg never actually says there's only one, it just doesn't say how many there are. There are times quite a few can be seen onscreen at the same time in the show. Hell, there were three confirmed kills: Carpenter's ship impales and destroys the first one. Emerson's ship does the same for the second. (which, ship for ship, would probably have been a more cost-effective if cold-blooded battle-tactic than actually trying for capitol ship slugging-matches) Zor Prime gets the lead mothership which housed the actual Masters; number three (that darn number...). So including any survivors drives up the total past three....me personally, i'd say go with multiples of three. This is the Masters we're talking about, after all :-D
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

3 times 3 = 9.

or 3 times itself 3 times = 27
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Actually.....the UES Tristar didn't get a kill. It did, however, help to widen a big opening in the Masters' flagship into a massive gaping wound courtesy of ramming. It was the 15th ATAC with the help of Musica (who told them where the shield generators were) and Zor Prime (who kept the Masters simply turning the shields back on) that bagged another of the Masters ships.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Emerson rammed one in the blockade run to Moon base and then he impaled one just before Marie Crystal and Lt. Black (you know Nova's heart throb) saved his life. So at least 3 ships were destroyed.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Wildfire wrote:Emerson rammed one in the blockade run to Moon base and then he impaled one just before Marie Crystal and Lt. Black (you know Nova's heart throb) saved his life. So at least 3 ships were destroyed.

Well, first, its Lt. Brown and second, just double checked the scene from The Invid Connection. Again, the UES Tristar does NOT destroy one of the Masters city-ships when her reflex furnaces detonate. Its possible that she simply lacks the mass necessary to initiate such a catastrophic overload. Its probable that her destruction was on the order of some 10MT whereas the UES Hannibal was more like on the order of 40MT or more.

However I will concede that the ship the Tristar rammed into most certainly was crippled from the blast. It ultimately served the purpose of effectively knocking that ship out of the war, possibly for good.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

there are indeed more...the REF field guide mentions 1 as does the The sentinals book...

So I finde it hard to believe the ENTIRE Robotech masters fleet went to earth.

as for the ships the Robotech masters use there are few...the Carrier and Robotech factaries appear to be the main ships they use as they do everything they need.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Hate to correct you a few other guides mention rogues and they had ships, Also there is an Aliens style/vampire story in The REF field guide.

It would be folly to send the ENTIRE fleet. they probably sent what was need to conquer the place and hold it. the Master would never put all there eggs in one basket...they are/were survivalist and very Machiavellian.

so we're talking about the bulk say 70-80%...
Rimmerdal
Knight

It's fairly clear in the RPG they would have rogue Masters like 'Zin' Also the Factories still have a supply...

all I'm saying is there a few, not a lot. A dozen or less mother ships are outside of the fleet..in short not enough to be a concern to the fleet with it's troubles at the the time.

those like good ole "Zin" have there own plans...as in they oppse Nimuel and the the three main leaders...at least we're when Zor was around.

The flower also grows on other planets..just not well or as good as they'd like. so I can see a plotter going "Up yours Nimuel and leaving with his little group to a planet the grows the flower..instead heading for earth and dealing with the humans. more viable since the Masters know the the SDF went there the invid would have as well.

Like I said though, this an RPG perspective...but also makes sense.

I'll tell you what I others NEVER assume ANYTHING is entirely correct...even if they say it. If they we're to make another Robotech cartoon you would see the situstion I describe above as part of the plot.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

On an aside, but somewhat related, note...
Wasn't there an even older looking set of Masters than the one's that assualt Glory/Earth in the SC series, that they refer to as "elders"?
What happened to those guys?
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Yes, the Robotech Elders. They were not apparently physically present in Robotech, unless you believe they were Zentraedi. They apparently have their own forces/fleet of ships and mecha. Or at least that is the guess. They were likely off fighting the Disciples of Zor.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

They were likely off fighting the Disciples of Zor.

???
From the show, I thought they were referring to humanity as 'the Disciples of Zor'...
Rimmerdal
Knight

Okay, I'm sort of new to the SC...I read the RPG guide and Sentinals. So I admit I go off what seems logical or likely based releasablity...

The Emulator's in the MAcross II RPG are the triplets with the harp...So who would be Lord Emperor En-goose (Spell as it sounds) be in robotech or was that a an element made the macross II game?
Rimmerdal
Knight

I guess it makes sense no singal robotech master that powerful could live long...
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

ok for one thing..
it's noT ROUGE
ROUGE IS A COLOR, that RESEMBLES RED, Rouge is pronounced Rooj
ROGUE is What a THEIF/rebel is!, Rogue is pronounced R-O-G h (O is as in Toe) , Gh as in (Ghost)

Phoboskitty, Learn to stop Typing Rouge, this isn't the ol'south!

Furthermore , Emperor Ingus is the RT Equivalent of Dolza, Not the Masters

Macross II Storyline follows the Movies of Robotech, Not the Series.
(robotech: Do you remember love, and Flashback 2012)
Rimmerdal
Knight

Cool, thanks for clearing that up, Gomen.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:ok for one thing..
it's noT ROUGE
ROUGE IS A COLOR, that RESEMBLES RED, Rouge is pronounced Rooj
ROGUE is What a THEIF/rebel is!, Rogue is pronounced R-O-G h (O is as in Toe) , Gh as in (Ghost)

Phoboskitty, Learn to stop Typing Rouge, this isn't the ol'south!

Furthermore , Emperor Ingus is the RT Equivalent of Dolza, Not the Masters

Macross II Storyline follows the Movies of Robotech, Not the Series.
(robotech: Do you remember love, and Flashback 2012)

Macross II has nothing to do with Robotech but follows the Macross movie which is called Macross: Do You Remember Love.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”