Dana Sterling...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

no offical mention in the show.

in the comics, she left earth with elements of the ASC and REF

in the novels, so hijacked a starship to return a large number of Tyroilan refugee's back to tyrol and went on to live on Haydon4 with her parents

in the RPG it's left to the Gm.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Zerebus wrote:The novel you're looking for is novel 21, Before the Invid Storm.

That details Wolfe's arrival in a fold capable ship and Dana's hijacking of it....

...though honestly I'm not keen on the McKinney approach of making Dana decide to give up fighting and instead decide to run for it. In fact, within the novels' story, I'd dare say that if Dana had stuck around, the whole of the military might have been brought back together more cohesively with her, Marie, Sean, etc as major leaders. Then the plan to hunker down and wait for the Invid to land and materialize before counterattacking them might have worked, because the discipline would have been better..... within the novels' universe, anyway.

RPG wise, it really is up to you. The 15th could have been vaporized in the opening salvos of the war. The 15th might have established an underground that linked up with surivors of the REF attack waves and worked to build up a force to help out during the Battle of Reflex Point.

You can even create alternative realities where the 15th manages to trigger the Battle of Reflex Point BEFORE the REF's final attack wave, or to communicate with the REF and have an impact on the overall attack strategies. Hell, the veterans counted among Dana's squadmembers and friends could easily have taken over the leadership of Scott Bernard's group if they ever met face to face.

Dana was disiplined? I mean aside from by the GMP I don't think she was disciplined :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”