What is Macross II?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Its a seperate game based on the Macross II movie.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

Shawn's answer is correct, but I'd like to elaborate. Ahem.

The three Robotech sagas were originally unrelated Japanese animated series. When Harmony Gold brought over Macross, it was turned down for syndication because there weren't enough episodes. So they reworked and rewrote Super Dimentional Calvary Souther Cross and Genesis Climber Mospeada (two other animated series) into Macross to create the three sagas of Robotech.

As Macross was an unrelated series in the original, the license was continued in several sequal series and movies, including Macross Plus, Macross II, Macross 7, and probably some others that escape my memory. Macross II (the RPG) presents the characters and situations presented in Macross II (the movie). It is unrelated to Robotech in any way.
Justy Ueki

Unread post by Justy Ueki »

And further elaboration about Macross II that it is more of a sequel to the movie "Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love" than a sequel to the original TV series.
Macross continuity goes like this (and I'm getting this from the Macross Compendium, so don't blame me if you don't agree)
Macross Zero -> SDF Macross TV -> Flashback 2012 -> Macross Plus -> Macross 7 (I purposly left out the Macross Video games)
And then there's the other continuity
SDF Macross: DYRL -> Flashback 2012 -> Macross II.

-Justy "I hope that didn't confuse you to much" Ueki
(ps. the Mac II games are stand alone games.)
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

And I'd just like to ask Justy Ueki, how's the Soyokaze? :wink:
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Small further point of clarification....Macross II was actually a 4 episode mini-series (OAV) that came out for Macross's 10 year anniversary. It was later cut and pasted down to the movie version, but as you can imagine, there's quite a bit of footage lost in the conversion.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”