Robotech Movie

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Robotech Movie

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

tcabril wrote:I am trying to find a copy (in English if possible) of a Robotech movie I had a copy of years ago (I lent it to someone in college and never saw it again). It was a condensed version of the Macross saga - the version I had was in Japanese (followed the story but not the language).
The things that stand out are - Dolza was encased in a liquid within his command fortress, Miriya never was reuced in size and Max Sterling defeated (and killed) her in combat, and the SDF-1 never was on Earth.
Like I said this was basically the Macross Saga condensed and slightly different.

Anyone know where I could find a copy - I have looked all over but to no avail.

Thanks
TODD

What your Looking for is Either, Macross the Movie (also "Called do you remmeber Love"), or better known in the States as "Clash of the Bionoids"
chack ADV, or Amazon, do a Search for MAcross the Movie...
if your Looking for "Robotech: The Movie, the Untold Story".... *waves hands* it never existed.. but you can pick up Mega-zone 23, and imagine some added southren cross Footage with bad dubbing in it... (Acheived byeating 10 year old canned tuna)
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Justy Ueki

Unread post by Justy Ueki »

Search the fansub distributors for Robotech: The Untold Story. That's the Megazone 23 part 1/Southern Cross hybrid. I know one of them must have it.
As for Clash of the Bionoids, that you might want to check out the auction sites for.
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

To be honest, I'd stay clear from CLASH OF THE BIONOIDS. That is just to terrible to watch. If you want all of the goodness, just get the original MACROSS: DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE... yeah, it's messed up but it's a good movie on it own. Great animation IMO.

Skip CLASH, go for DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE!

...............................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

I have a recollection of getting a macross movie out of the video shop (back when they still had $1-a-week movies). I'm sure it was DYRL or clash of the bionoids, but it had Rick (called Hikaru) in the movie, who also had a british-accented voice. Tres cool, but it was wierd after years of thinking our lad Rick was a yank. Does this mean that Roy Fokker was Dutch? go figure. I just chose to erase most of it from my memory and concentrate on the TV show.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Comrade Corsarius wrote:I have a recollection of getting a macross movie out of the video shop (back when they still had $1-a-week movies). I'm sure it was DYRL or clash of the bionoids, but it had Rick (called Hikaru) in the movie, who also had a british-accented voice. Tres cool, but it was wierd after years of thinking our lad Rick was a yank. Does this mean that Roy Fokker was Dutch? go figure. I just chose to erase most of it from my memory and concentrate on the TV show.

Hey Commrade, Isn't Fokker a German name?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Fokker was Dutch, he just designed for the Germans in WW1.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”