Where is the SDF-3????

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

I hightly doubt the SDF-3 crashed. Following the RPG books, I belive it's still lost in another galaxy, or possible dimension, but not crashing on a alien world.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Maybe a robotech ship (Zent destroyer or Garfish).

But it could be more fun, to have ship with Pretator- or Alienlike creatures on board :demon:.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Check the first Atlantis book, the two page spread, in one part you'll find the SDF-1.
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Yendor wrote:Check the first Atlantis book, the two page spread, in one part you'll find the SDF-1.
I was wondering when somone was going to say that.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
Avenger
Wanderer

Unread post by Avenger »

The best place for the SDF-3? Rifts Mars. Have lots of bugs to fight there, along with high tech alien invaders, and some of the orbital comunities. Also there is a few thousand square miles of land that protocultre can grow on.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

According to the novels, it's stuck in another dimension...where time AND space are...unusual. ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Personally I can't wait to the the new show shadow force or cronicles or what ever they call it.

But I like the end of the circle story for the SDF-3 no matter how crazy it sounds.
Justy Ueki

Unread post by Justy Ueki »

According to the novels, it's stuck in another dimension...where time AND space are...unusual.

And according to Carl Macek's original ideas for the full story line it got stuck back in time. But that only would have happened if The Sentinels finished production and Robotech III started.
Go Here for info about the series.

-Justy Ueki
Fleet Admiral of the Robotech Defense Force
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

It's always in the last place you look.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jefffar wrote:It's always in the last place you look.

Under my couch!?

(Hmmm... what do you know? He was right... it's been there all along!)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Justy Ueki wrote:
According to the novels, it's stuck in another dimension...where time AND space are...unusual.

And according to Carl Macek's original ideas for the full story line it got stuck back in time. But that only would have happened if The Sentinels finished production and Robotech III started.
Go Here for info about the series.

-Justy Ueki
Fleet Admiral of the Robotech Defense Force

Macek's Idea Varies Each time he tells the Robotech: Oddessy story.
Macek did say Minmay would be Zor's Mother.
he did say the SDF-3 is actually the Pre-Crash SDF-1, Zor didnt build it, he just Stole it.
Time Travel is always good for a cartoon... Maybe Macek can Write a story about having to send the SDF-3 back in time to Save the Killer Whales, who communicate with an Alien Race...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

what an interseting parodox with the SDF-3 actually being the SDF-1. it would throw even the comics off. how would the SDF-3 even come into exisitance? no SDF-1 then there would be no zents attacking earth which means no breeti flag ship being recycled into the SDF-3

I do not think he built it but it is through his research and designs that lead to its construction.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:what an interseting parodox with the SDF-3 actually being the SDF-1. it would throw even the comics off. how would the SDF-3 even come into exisitance? no SDF-1 then there would be no zents attacking earth which means no breeti flag ship being recycled into the SDF-3

I do not think he built it but it is through his research and designs that lead to its construction.

"time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so"

I like the idea of SDF-3 = SDF-1. It makes things very interesting, which means that yes breetai's ship was recycled to build it, but that it always is to be to build it. It's more along the lines of fate or prophecy rather than just 'time travel'. The SDF-1 always will win against the zentraedi becase it if didn't, then it wouldn't become the SDF-3 which would bring the zentraedi to earth in the first place.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Lt Gargoyle wrote:what an interseting parodox with the SDF-3 actually being the SDF-1. it would throw even the comics off. how would the SDF-3 even come into exisitance? no SDF-1 then there would be no zents attacking earth which means no breeti flag ship being recycled into the SDF-3

There is no SDF-1, only the 3 & 2 (and 4 technically).
the Humans built the SDF-3 between 2013 and 2022... then it gets lost in either 2039 or 2044... it ends up in the past... Zor steals it.... then Crashes back on earth in 1999... gets blown up by Khyron in 2012.
The Crew of the SDF-3 becoem key memembers of the Robotech MAsters Empire. to Ensure the Timeline.
Minmie is Zor's Mother... by Rick?
in this Timeline, Zor didnt invent much at all, but "reinvented" alot of Technology from the REF.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Wildfire
Adventurer

If rick is the father of Miney's brat Zor then it will be his last action as Lisa would simply cut of his manhood :D
Wildfire
Adventurer

If rick is the daddy then lisa will be pissed
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

quester wrote:Colonel are you refering to this http://home.kih.net/~basara/fanfic/destinies.htm?

nope, never read that, and since it mentions MAc7, i dont think I'll read it... :-P
Minmei's only Love intrest besideds Rick was Colonel Wolfe... shes a bit to old for the Rem Love Idea put forth in the novels.... and a Clone of Zor having a baby with a woman thats an exact copy of himself is even far fecthed for Macek...
I know some fans have always wanted Rick to Dump Lisa and go for Minmei...
Wildfire
Adventurer

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
quester wrote:Colonel are you refering to this http://home.kih.net/~basara/fanfic/destinies.htm?

nope, never read that, and since it mentions MAc7, i dont think I'll read it... :-P
Minmei's only Love intrest besideds Rick was Colonel Wolfe... shes a bit to old for the Rem Love Idea put forth in the novels.... and a Clone of Zor having a baby with a woman thats an exact copy of himself is even far fecthed for Macek...
I know some fans have always wanted Rick to Dump Lisa and go for Minmei...

What about Lynn Kyle and TR Edwards (I know you hate hate what McKinney did to his character so I had to tease you :-D )
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Wildfire wrote:What about Lynn Kyle and TR Edwards (I know you hate hate what McKinney did to his character so I had to tease you :-D )

I'd not say Minmei "Loved" Kyle... more like she was really dumb... Married her 1st cousin since she thought the wolrd was ending, and didnt want to be alone.
I'm not sure is Macek entended to Use Kyle after the Macross Era...

as for Edwards... I know she believed he was right, and was convinced Wolfe to join edwards side... but weather she actually Loved ol' Scare face.. I dont know.

or Minmie might have met a nice Tirolian in the past, and got Jiggy with him... but I know macek... He's always wants to link it all completly to the Macross era Characters.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well, if she did pair off with Rem, that certaily makes sure that Zor will have the right genes.

Then again, Zor might actually be Rem, no Minmei needed.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:Well, if she did pair off with Rem, that certaily makes sure that Zor will have the right genes.

in the novels... I do believe it could be possible thaty Rem become Zor, or the "Origonal" Zor is a Clone of Rem... making the whole "I'm my own grandpa" thing possible... Just Like Philip J. Fry...

avoiding the novels...
I'm Keen on the SDF-3 being sent back intime even in the RPG... as thats something that was never covered by the Texts.
as for the Show... its dead, lost, who cares... Ricks homecomming is a Courtmarshall hearing.. then the Gas chamber or 20 minutes of hard Vacumme
Wildfire
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:Well, if she did pair off with Rem, that certaily makes sure that Zor will have the right genes.

Hey doesn't every man love a giant bald woman more than Mrs. Macross with crows feet and most likely an acoholic from being gilted by lover after lover :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”