Manhunter and Robotech

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcethus
Champion

Manhunter and Robotech

Unread post by Marcethus »

I have noticed that Manhunter is fairly close to RT in power of MDC weapons damage and was just wondering how any of you have combined the two if you guys have done so.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Not yet but maybe thats were all the bioroids went after Emerson Orbital Warp manouver above the moon.
Incase you needed a new group of bad guys.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Wildfire wrote:Not yet but maybe thats were all the bioroids went after Emerson Orbital Warp manouver above the moon. Incase you needed a new group of bad guys.

Actually....all that was left of those Bioroids was their atoms. Listen to what Colonel Green says in The Hunters.

Colonel Green: They'd almost certainly break up into atoms and be sucked into a small black hole on a one-way trip into another dimension . . .

That was why the mecha and ships in question were shown to explode. They were being pulled in one direction at near the speed of light. Literally spaghettified. Even the 2 heavy cruisers that were on the event horizon of the black hole as it was collapsing when the UES Tristar reappeared got pulled in.
Wildfire
Adventurer

I agree about the ships on the event horizon of the orbital warp but you don't see all the bioriods and presumably other vessels destroyed, therefor it leaves the possibilty for robotech masters to come to the manhunter universe
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Wildfire wrote:I agree about the ships on the event horizon of the orbital warp but you don't see all the bioriods and presumably other vessels destroyed, therefor it leaves the possibilty for robotech masters to come to the manhunter universe

Nope, sorry Wildfire. Try again and watch the show. The Bioroids are ripped apart (they explode) when the black hole opens (i.e. - when the Tristar fully executes the Orbital Warp Blast). That includes 27 some odd Bioroid Assault Corvettes (that had pounded the snot out of the Tristar with their opening volley).
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Unfortunately the Manhunter Robots and the MUTT power armour among other items have crazy high MDC compared to Robotech. Some adjustment is necissary.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Marcethus
Champion

ok the MUTT is a bit on the high side of the MDC scale but not much so when you look at the Inorganics listed in Sentinels (only book I have atm. Used to have more but lost them in my many moves :( )
Anyhow I no one has answered if they have combined manhunter with RT and how. So I take it none of you guys have combined the two?
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Well, the two settings are very different with little wiggle room for a crossover as is. However, the aliens could be integrated into a modified campaign, either as members of the Sentinels or one or more independent groups. The Manhunters themselves present an interesting foe as well. Perhaps the Aglians created them in response to the threat of the Masters. Imagine that the Manhunters view humans as "the Masters" and are unable to reconcile the Aglians' friendship with them.

At first, the Manhunters use scavenged Battlepods and Bioroids to harass the REF and Sentinels so that no one suspects the truth. They mainly scout and stay at the fringes of the conflict with the Invid Regent then follow the REF to Earth.

They arrive months after Symphony of Light, but again stay hidden and watch the Earth from a distance. The Invid Regis then senses this threat to the protoculture that remained on Earth and sends some of the Invid back to protect the Flower of Life while she continues her search for a new homeworld. Then the Manhunters make their move.

Some other interesting points about a crossover:
1. Fanboys can work out their anime cat-girl fantasies with the Kirn.
2. A Bloodletter with a Saber Cyclone.
3. Sims as specialized Tirolean clones.
4. Ular as friendly rivals of the Karbarrans.
5. Aglians as designers of powerful semi-self aware mecha.
6. Gorushan (the Predator lookalikes) as servitors/allies of the Manhunters invading Robotech Earth.
Marcethus
Champion

Interesting Idea there Mike.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Rabid

The use of the orbital blast is a launch pad for a possible gaming senario.
Cause if you watch the robotech show there is huge inconsistancies with the actual story line I mean look at when the mound opens you see giant motors opening it when it is supposed to be the scrap of the SDF-1.
Also in reality only two ships should be there but there is three due the fictional SDF-2 being there.

So you can easily twist the "real" story line for an RPG story.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Wildfire wrote:Cause if you watch the robotech show there is huge inconsistancies with the actual story line I mean look at when the mound opens you see giant motors opening it when it is supposed to be the scrap of the SDF-1.

It IS only the scrap of the SDF-1. Neither the SDF-2 nor Khyron's Monitor are referenced as being at that site. On top of that, the mounds are way too small to even fit part of the SDF-1 into. They would have to be subsystems from inside the SDF-1....like say the burned out reflex furnaces.

Also in reality only two ships should be there but there is three due the fictional SDF-2 being there.

Sorry, that is an invention of the novels. The Tv series is quite clear that every reference to the site in question is the ruins of the SDF-1. Notice the plural. Reference dialogue from Half Moon, Danger Zone, Triumvirate, Final Nightmare and The Invid Connection.
Marcethus
Champion

personally I really don't care about the series (for this thread at least.) I was just asking about ways ppl have combined Manhunter and Robotech, if they had.

Anyhow I had an idea of having the SDF-3 or a small force of REF Ships (Ikazuchi, Garfish, Etc.) or some such idea and bringing them to Manhunter space. I was wondering if any of you thought what the ramifications among the REF forces and the Manhunter gov'ts would be. (of course to complete this idea I need to get Invid invasion (for the hive info since sentinels doesn't give that info.) I also need to hunt down which book has the Robotech Master information.
Wildfire
Adventurer

it has been a long time since I played Manhunter but you might be able to get the manhunter androids to link up with the Invidand have the stage 4 be the highest that either the regent or regis goes.
Everyone would be after VF tech as this would be tech that is only in thier dreams
Wildfire
Adventurer

Rabid
Using the description of the 3 mounds that you have given of just the SDF1 wreckage, it doesn't really make a lot of sense as the SDF2 was not totally destroyed or Lisa and the bridge bunnies would not have gotten to the SDF 1,also the Monitor craft was not fully shown to be destroyed. Therefore the wreckage would logically be from all three, of course this can't be shown in the show as we all know, so people can logically come the conclusion that in the mounds there is wreckage from all three ships.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”