SDF-1 Adventure Ideas

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

SDF-1 Adventure Ideas

Unread post by Yendor »

Ok, the PCs are starting from the absolute beginning (a few days before the launch of the SDF-1; they're part of the RDF), and need some ideas that would seem plausible to happen aboard the SDF-1, other than what the series shows/has shown.

I'm thinking almost anything will be viable, save for weapon smuggling (no where to sell it to), mecha part smuggling, etc. Though I could see plots involving red light districts, anti-Unification rebels, etc.

TIA.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The Anti-UN rebels might be tricky, seeing as the community on Macross Island was essentially created by the UN and immigration tot he island would be strictly controlled. The only real posibility would be a bunch of sleeper cells who were probably origionally intended to do a terror attack on the Island to demonstrate the impotence of the UWG.

Perhaps now they could decide that the best thing they could do is take over the SDF-1 and use it to obliterate the UWG headquarters in the Scandinavia Quadrant.

Ooooooh . . . evil.

Another thought is perhaps a rogue cell of the RDF onboard decides to take command from Gloval.

Maybe there are still strange aliens in the deeper receses of the SDF-1 that are freed when the SDF-1 transforms for the first time. Maybe some of them could be allies (Sentinal aliens) while others are more monsterous (Alien, Predator?). In either case the existence of the aliens would likely be kept quiet from the general populace onboard the SDF-1.

There is always the possibility of an extended stay at Mars, with some unusual oppourtunities there.

Perhaps there are some other colonies in the outter planets that the SDF-1 stops to explore.

Perhaps there are soem strange encounters during the recovery operations after the disasterous de-fold at Pluto. It took thema few weeks there.

We also skip Uranus, Neptune and Jupiter on the trip back.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Something else to consider is that the SDF-1 was only supplied to service a crew of *maybe* two thousand people. There were NO provisions for the addition of the survivors of the Prometheus and Deadalus, let alone the 75,000 civilians from Macross City.

While I'm certain water recycling measures would be taken, that'd still take time to set up and get running, so water shortages would be a BIG issue, maybe even with civil unrest and/or possibly rioting by the civvies. And that could turn into a big mission to find a comet to mine for water ice, so that would give the mecha jocks something to do.

And I have to admit that the idea of a red light district on the SDF-1 is intruiging. Raises a whole bunch of ideas, really.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, prelaunch you could have them as test pilots for the mecha, or as combat troops fighting to keep the peace (i always thought the idea that it was a totally peaceful change over ridiculous) perhaps fighting the chinese or Soviets, who would love to shatter the world peace.

post launch you have things like riot control (imagine the reaction to the idea of food rationing, people would go nuts when they saw the amount of food they got a day), missions to recover materials from macross island (water, buildings, supplies, ect.) all while under threat from the zentreadi, you have general ship defense, ect.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Lt. Holmes wrote:And I have to admit that the idea of a red light district on the SDF-1 is intruiging. Raises a whole bunch of ideas, really.

Yeah, the red light district popped up into my mind since, even if Macross Island was a U.N. colony, you would have *someone* running prostitutes, bars, etc., since it was built around a 'military vehicle' (the SDF-1), and the soldiers would need a way to unwind.

Neb, explain the recovery operations for survivors of the Prometheus and the Daedelus please?

As for O.C.C.s, both of the players (the fourth dropped out, third still hasn't sent me his character), are RDF Veritech Pilots, but some of those in their squad will be Robotech Mecha Test Pilots (Rifter #5).
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Lt. Holmes wrote: so water shortages would be a BIG issue,

they took a large part of the pacific with them. desalination is easy to set up.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

personally I have used the the idea of smuggled terrorists on to Macross Island successfully, you can have your chars run into a mole in the terrorists who is dying of knife or gun wounds and lets them know about the nukes and radiological bombs.
Then they can have the fun trying to track down the terrorists.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Our Macross campain started with fresh recruits for the SDF after they fateful day over Macross Island.

o) Training

o) Flight ops

o) Find a murder of a comrade.

o) Battle in the Rings of Saturn aka "Blitzkrieg".

o) Develop personal relationsships.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:
Lt. Holmes wrote: so water shortages would be a BIG issue,

they took a large part of the pacific with them. desalination is easy to set up.

Easy? Yes. Quick to set up? I'd say not, especially when you have to consider everything else that's going on around them. Could it be done quickly enough so that the now-80,000 strong human population would not die of dehydration? I wonder...
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Supplies wouldn't have been much of a problem, I dont think, even in the short term. Macross wasn't just a city or an island; it was the cutting, vital, bleeding edge of scientific and military research. It's facilities, including I'd say those shelters the civilians survived the fold in, would have been designed to survive any and all attacks, including Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) warfare. And it would make no sense to have the population survive a nuke, biological attack, or chemical agent only to die of thirst or hunger because the fallout or disease or chemicals made it impossible to evacuate them from the shelters quickly. So in the short term there would already be supplies that survived and be easily accesible for 80 thousand people. That would give them time to then begin to salvage other random surviving supplies from the city, the naval ships, etc, as well as materials for the manufacturing centers in the SDF-1, ammunition and other ordnance, water for desalination, and data from the research facilities on the island. Of course, they would have to defend themselves from the Zentraedi while doing this, and at the same time convert and attach the Daedalus and Prometheus....you know, the more I think about it, the more that sounds like a great series of related adventures....
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”