Invid Invasion and Vehicle Construction Rules

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Invid Invasion and Vehicle Construction Rules

Unread post by Yendor »

Ok, flipping through the vehicle construction rules and Invid Invasion (obviously). Curious about what you think about the speed of light prices and speed? Post SDF-1 I mean (as in you have better understanding of fold engines, X% of light speed, etc.).
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Well, that's simple. It all costs Zero (0) dollars or credits. The simple fact is that the majority of technology has dropped back to the 1920s or so, and back to nomadic gathering in some places, so 'speed of light' drives are a myth of the past. A few enclaves survive with 2000-era tech, and fewer still with RDF/REF/SC/EBSIS technology. For them, the cost would be negilgible anyway except in manpower. Money has hardly any value any more and economies would be based on trade
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Bestarium wrote:So how many goats would would a nomadic herdsmen have to trade for a super dimensional fortress?

Depends on what sort of condition it's in.. The goat and the fortress, that is. If it was in the same nick as the garfish that those old guys were flying around, I'd say about 15 prime nannies (plus a billy) though you'd have to include the ammo in which case the price goes up considerably.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”