Medals and Ribbons

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Medals and Ribbons

Unread post by Yendor »

Two questions about the subject line.
First, what was the medal that Rick Hunter was awarded during the series? I think it was called something like 'Titanium Medal'.

Second, having no clue as to modern military ribbons and medals, I was thinking of adapting those from Coalition War Campaign to Robotech, but need more ribbon examples, such as different reasons for X ribbon to be awarded (I know of term of service, good conduct, etc., but not other categories).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Try this site:

http://jaddams.csw.uic.edu/aod/rdf-insignia.html

Lots of cool medals and insignia you can use.

For the improtance of medals, the rule is the higher the row, the more important the medal. The more to the left, the more important the medal.

Most of the medals were awarded just for being in the service in a specific theatre at a specific date. othere were basically the equivalent of getting straight A's on your report card. Only the top two rows of the chart are really about doing extraordinary things.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Real ribbons:

US Army ribbons
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

http://www.bobbuick.com/medals/imperial ... awards.htm

You may find this useful also, as well as this:

http://www.soviet-awards.com/

(hee hee hee)

For me, I tend to make up my own 'global' military awards for the UEG, RDF, REF, SC, etc seeing that the soldiers involved come from all countries and races.

I put the Wounded Lion, First Class as the equivalent of the VC, for example. (yes, I know I ripped off Starship Troopers, but I also happen to be a Swiss citizen and I know WHY the wounded lion is in lucerne: for gallantry and bravery in the face of utter and certain death).

http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Dan-Euro/315r.jpg

I've been there, and it is truly breathtaking.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

German military awards of WWII:

German Awards
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”