Col. Wolfe's body armour

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wildfire
Adventurer

Col. Wolfe's body armour

Unread post by Wildfire »

Has anyone given any thought to what the stats for the armour that Wolfe is wearing in the flashback sequence actually is?
It looks like they base some NPC armour in the Invid Invasion game on it. I am refering to the cool armour that theguy is wearing just before your fo to old Fartham.

Also thanks to Col. Wolfe and Zerebus for the info about the scripts for the sentinels.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Col. Wolfe's body armour

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Wildfire wrote:Has anyone given any thought to what the stats for the armour that Wolfe is wearing in the flashback sequence actually is?
It looks like they base some NPC armour in the Invid Invasion game on it. I am refering to the cool armour that theguy is wearing just before your fo to old Fartham.

Also thanks to Col. Wolfe and Zerebus for the info about the scripts for the sentinels.

some people say its Unstylised ASC Armor... just the basic design minus the Ornate designs for the Officer/inlisted/unit designs.
from what I've gathred. it was the Old Infantry armor used by Wolfe's Invasion fleet, a pre-CVR-3/cyclone Design. Sometimes Called CVR-2 or VR-2 (CVR is Cyclone-Veritech Ride... since its pre-cyc... Veritech-Ride might fit, in Mospeda is Prolly Dive-Armor Designed for the Condor)
follwing the Model for regular ASC/CVR Armor would be appropiate, 50 md, Laser res. Since Wolfe's attack force by the rt.com story was sent back to Reinforce the ASC during the Final attacks of the Masters.. its on par with the Personal Armro of that era- Useless against most everything... but 50 MD in the RPG.
your welcome... Aprently(3 diffrent people told me) they did print the Second Script book... so Z... your comic store might have been bad for not getting it in.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

I'd give it 55 or 60 MDC. CVR-3 requires more space and weight being devoted to mecha motion articulation and connection. If you drop those requirements, you can devote that weight and space to superior protection.

That is, developed by the same technologies, but one has the other much more demanding requirements placed on it, in the form of being able to connect to a cyclone.

No cyclone requirement means: No connecting parts or specialized articulation for same. No need to place specialized protection equipment in the armor for the needs of cyclone (such as braces to protect the elbows and shoulders from the significant recoil of having rockets fired from your forarms or a little extra heat sheilding to deal with the back wash of same rockets. No having to place specialized weight bearing plates across the chest, shoulders and back to help carry the load and transfer it back to the powered lifting system. No reinforcement needed to deal with the lifting/strength enhancing system. No having to devote space and weight to computer interfacing between armor and cyclone.

All that can now go to armoring up the guy inside.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

The pilot's armour of the Tornado (the RPG predecessor to the cyclone) is 70MDC... and that DOES augment the rider's speed (when attatched to the unit) up to a whopping 80kph when running (the potential for chafing means that every rider would have to have a bottle of calamine lotion as standard equipment, lol).

I haven't seen the 'woolfe' episode for some time now and only significant portions of it remain in my memory. Have to refresh that soon, methinks.

My guess would be along the line of our woolfe's in that it's a CVR or VR unit. Who is to say there was never a CVR-1? Perhaps it would have been a SC armour.

Branching off the subject a little, I have felt that the CVR-series of armour incorporates a major design update. SC and EBSIS armour is mentioned as being 'custom-fitted'. This means that mostly it has been precisely shaped for that particular trooper (not surprising when you consider the impacts and forces involved that they expected it to go through). I'd say that this would be similar to the older space-suits used by the Soviet space agency, and NASA, where every suit was custom-tailored to the wearer. The CVR-3 armour certainly looks far more modular, and reminds me of modern Russian and american space suits, where you can pick them 'off the rack' to fit a person's frame. Surely for the REF a major logistical feat, and also possibly why their otherwise superior armour only has the same MDC as the earler SC armour. You would lose the precision with the modular unit, but gain in numbers what you lost in quality. Lanchester's law of the battlefield.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”