Edwards's poll

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Edward's Good guy or Bad?

Good guy trying do is job
7%
Bad guy who did a good job
22%
All round bad guy
70%

Total votes: 27

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Bad guy all around.

Personal vendettas, megalomanical disorder, enjoys brainwashing idiotic pop-singers....

Yeah bad guy all around.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Misunderstood Hero

Betrayed by people he Trusted, Framed for Crime he never commited.

Unlike the Hunters he never let his Personal Crusade get the best of him.

When Called a "Butcherer" but his politcal enemies.... The Truth is his Enemies did Try to Commit Genocide of the Human Race with Weapons given to them by their Alien Allies, They did send Several assult waves to an Occupuied Planet with out knowing who the occupiers were.

Edwards was Murdred by Rick Hunter, after Hunter commited Treason in Wartime.

Hunter's the Real Villan by the End of the Series.
He sends Assult wave after Assult wave in to the Meat Grinder that earth became, Though he was against Edwards when he wanted to send liberation forces to earth.
Hunter Sends Assult Forces against an Enemy without even knowing who the Enemy is.
Hunter Authorizes the use of WMDs on Civillian Targets, on his own Soil. using the Logic its better to be "Murdred by your Liberators then Live under Alien Domination".
Hunter Should hang for War Crimes. Edwards Deserves a Metal.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Since all I know about Edwards is from the novels he is one evil monkey who fell for that annoying pop singer.
And because the REF fought the invid in space I would assume that they thought they knew what they were in for on earth.
However one must remeber that the Regents forces were dispersed on various planets and the Regis had all of her forces on earth, just one technical difficulty to deal with.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

its an Opinion, i don't have to back it up at all... but Watch the Show... you begin to see that Hunter is a Butcherer... from sending his Troops in to a known Death trap repeatedly... to Ordering GenoCide... he's the Evilest dude in the Universe.
Let me chack out the Poll.....
Terry didnt ask About "using only the RPG as a basis for your opinion, how do you feel about Edwards"
Otherwise i'd have listed his Alingment and Insanities the RPG lists...
TR Edwards is suposed to eb an "Exact opposite" or Rick Hunter... someone bent on Killing... Genocide & Gaining power... the only bad part is Rick is more Ruthless by the End of the Series then they ever portrayed Edwards.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

PKAGustov wrote:I'll quote Edwards own words "I do the best job I can, with the limited resources left to me". I feel he was an under-appreciated hero of the Robotech Wars. Didn't he survive at the site of the Grand Cannon? Wasn't he left behind at said place by none other than Mr. Hunter? No wonder he is bitter.

Please note, the quote comes from a 17 year old memory, thus it might not be as accurate as it should be.

They showed Admiral Hayes (killed) and Lisa Hayes who was saved by Rick Hunter.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

He is a sick evil bad guy. had to be a bit of a mental case. Need proof? he chose the annoying pop star.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Evil and bitter villain.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Shawn Merrow wrote:
PKAGustov wrote:I'll quote Edwards own words "I do the best job I can, with the limited resources left to me". I feel he was an under-appreciated hero of the Robotech Wars. Didn't he survive at the site of the Grand Cannon? Wasn't he left behind at said place by none other than Mr. Hunter? No wonder he is bitter.

Please note, the quote comes from a 17 year old memory, thus it might not be as accurate as it should be.

The "Novels" added another Thing not implied on screen... Edwards is suposedly a few Feet form Where Lisa is Traped under a Beam or Something... his face got messed up at the Grand cannon... he was yelling for help, and Rick Left him for Dead.

Ignoring that, the Graphic Novel is the First Apperance of TR Edwards... (who was to be the Main Villan in the Movie... but since they made it After the Sentintles Mission started... they had to Change it to BD Andrews note the TR Edwards is also Refered to BD edwards a few times by the Sentinels Writer) In the GN, Edwards is a AU Ace, hes mostly a Merc, but when the SDF-1 Crashes in the Pacific, Edwards and Fokker are Sent in to investigate the Events.. Edwards becomes Loyal to the New World Governement, and the Face scar is Either from the ROD or the Destruction of Macross City...

Edwards is a "bad Guy" but he remains loyal to the Himself and the Earth theEntire time.... He Even tell Rick none of the Sentinels will be willing to go Liberate Earth after they ahve saved their Homeworlds...
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

The "Novels" added another Thing not implied on screen... Edwards is suposedly a few Feet form Where Lisa is Traped under a Beam or Something... his face got messed up at the Grand cannon... he was yelling for help, and Rick Left him for Dead.

Thanks been about 15 years since I read the novels and forgot most of it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”