Ark Angel

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hystrix
Champion

Ark Angel

Unread post by Hystrix »

Sorry if this sounds niave, but what the heck kind of vessle was the Ark Angel that Scott Bernard took after the destruction of the REF fleet? The novels arn't alot of help, and the RPG is useless in this case...

Anyone know, and/or have a link?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Ark Angel

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Hystrix wrote:Sorry if this sounds niave, but what the heck kind of vessle was the Ark Angel that Scott Bernard took after the destruction of the REF fleet? The novels arn't alot of help, and the RPG is useless in this case...

From the comics it's call the SDF-7 and looks like a larger Horizont which has fold capabilties.

IMHO, it could be an Ikazushi.
Last edited by Ice Dragon on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Ice Dragon wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Sorry if this sounds niave, but what the heck kind of vessle was the Ark Angel that Scott Bernard took after the destruction of the REF fleet? The novels arn't alot of help, and the RPG is useless in this case...

From the comics it's call the SDF-7 and looks like a larger Horizont which has fold capabilties.

IMHO, it could be an Ikazushi.

I thought as much, but there is never any indication from the novels...
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:I think there IS indication in the Sentinel novels, when the ship is first introduced, but you could easily miss it.

Any idea when the ship was introduced in the novels?
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Zerebus wrote:I think there IS indication in the Sentinel novels, when the ship is first introduced, but you could easily miss it.

World Killers, I think.

OK, I'll check it out...
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

World Killers, I think.

OK, I'll check it out...

The thing is, it was when Praxis was exploding that the Ark Angel swooped down with order to arrest Admiral Hunter, but instead rescued him and the Sentinels.

Correct. Wasn't the ship hijacked before?
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Sings:
Ark Angel, Ark angel,
Will you be mine,
My darling dearest
Love for all time
I'm just a foool
A fool in loooooove
With youuuuuuuu

Time to do something that really cooks. Alright, alright this is an oldie,
but uh, it's an oldie where I come from. (picks up Stratocaster 5000 instrumecha and turns to the band) Alright guys, let's do some blues riff in b, watch me for the changes, and uh, try and keep up, okay?
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Coming Soon to a Theater near you, Lancers Rockets, Jamming Birds and Fire Bomber in joint concert!
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Wasn't the Ark Abgel originally hijacked by Col. Wolfe?
Before he got sent back to earth?
I could be wrong, it has been like 10 yrs since I read the novels
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Wildfire wrote:Wasn't the Ark Abgel originally hijacked by Col. Wolfe?
Before he got sent back to earth?
I could be wrong, it has been like 10 yrs since I read the novels

nope, I'm not in the Habbit of Hijacking ships that dont Exist. I was sent back to Earth from Mars colony in 2031 to Reinforce the United Earth forces as we Defeated the Masters forces in Orbit. I dont Recall a Ship by that name ever existing. but many people seam to want to recall a story told by the Lunitic Mckinney as historical fact.
Until a Vidoe Record of said Vessel Exists.. I'm pretty sure who ever made if up is disproven by the video records.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

My memories of the comics are stronger than the novels, but the SDF-7/Huge Horizont Ark Angel was stolen by Wolfe to save the surviving Sentinels on the exploding Amazon babe world, but later after they saved Haydon IV they got large Haydonite tech curiser called.... the Ark Angel, which was large enough for the SDF-7/Huge Horizont to fit into the shuttle bay...
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:nope, I'm not in the Habbit of Hijacking ships that dont Exist.

Are too! *Holds up a picture of Wolfe standing infront of the USS Montana, with his famous pistol trained on the Captin.*

:D
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Wildfire
Adventurer

I never read the comics I hated the art.
But I was sure that Wolfe stole the SDF-7 to rescue the Hunters.
I was under the impression that it was an Ikazuchi (or how ever you spell the damn word).
The Idea of a giant Horizont seems kinda silly to me
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:nope, I'm not in the Habbit of Hijacking ships that dont Exist.

Are too! *Holds up a picture of Wolfe standing infront of the USS Montana, with his famous pistol trained on the Captin.*

:D

That was taken at a Fair.... the one where they dress you up infront of a fake back drop...
I have one of me Hi-jacking the Nina-pinta & Santa Maria from Colombus.... I even stole Leif Erikson's Ship in another photo...
The Funny part is the Events protrayed in the novels and comics are diffrent then the Macek Scripts....
Wolfe was Loyal to Hunter, Joined the Sentinels for a Short time... (Even trained the 14 year old Karen peen to be a hover tank pilot)
then Joined Edwards' Side after Lynn Minmie convinced him that The Liberation of Earth was more important then some Aliens who wouldnt want to help free the Earth from the Masters or Invid... (Funny thing, Edwards was Right.. none of the Sentinels Came to the Earths aide... instead they Gave the REF the Neutron-S Missles to blow it up...)
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Wildfire
Adventurer

Is there a web site with Macek's story line for the Sentinels?
If so can you provide it Col.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Colonel Wolfe wrote:(Even trained the 14 year old Karen peen to be a hover tank pilot)

*snicker* Wolfe said "pee"
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:That was taken at a Fair....

I'm sure that's what you'd *like* us to belive...
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Wildfire wrote:Is there a web site with Macek's story line for the Sentinels?

Robotech Art 3, you can pick it up for 3-10 bucks on ebay... i got mine for 5 bucks with S&H.... its actually a Good book... Even thou i dislike Macek... nearly as much as the Mckinney guys and Comics guys...
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Robotech Art 3, you can pick it up for 3-10 bucks on ebay... i got mine for 5 bucks with S&H.... its actually a Good book... Even thou i dislike Macek... nearly as much as the Mckinney guys and Comics guys...

Didn't someone post a while back that Mckinney was Macek and some other dude who did the writing? I vaguely remember that.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Didn't someone post a while back that Mckinney was Macek and some other dude who did the writing? I vaguely remember that.

Nope.
Mckinney is James Luceno & Brian Daley... Daley Died in 1996... Its why i usually Refer to Mckinney as him... not Them...
but Macek had Very little to do with the Novels... he has Admited he was disapointed with what Harmony gold Let Mckinney turn the Show in to...
luckly the new focus of the Show is without both Mckinney & Maceks influence.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Nope.
Mckinney is James Luceno & Brian Daley... Daley Died in 1996... Its why i usually Refer to Mckinney as him... not Them...
but Macek had Very little to do with the Novels... he has Admited he was disapointed with what Harmony gold Let Mckinney turn the Show in to...
luckly the new focus of the Show is without both Mckinney & Maceks influence.

Uhhhh? Okay.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

AGGGGHHHH!

I just wanted to know about the Ark Angel, not get into a Mickinniest debate! :lol:
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Hystrix wrote:AGGGGHHHH!

I just wanted to know about the Ark Angel, not get into a Mickinniest debate! :lol:

but Robotech is a Mckinniest Debate...
Sionce the Canon Ark Angel was a Spherian Crystal Ship... Mckinney made it 15 other Ships....
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:

You should go seek out the Robotech II comics, then, or pictures thereof. You have to see it to believe it.

:eek: I see...
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zerebus wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Zerebus wrote:

You should go seek out the Robotech II comics, then, or pictures thereof. You have to see it to believe it.

:eek: I see...

Of course, the scene with everyone flying into one of the colossal bunkers was the real eye opener. :p

So, it's disproportioned? Crazy...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:This is what we've been trying to tell you all along, yes. :D

I've seen Images of the Comics GMU... aprently the Same Unit... Fiting a MAC2 in its bunker... then an later an Alpha taking up about the same room in the Door way as the MAC2 did...

for a better Illustration of Robotech Scale... the ABP-Z4 in the Rifter is over 70ft in height... and Uses the Same GU-XX as the alpha... the Illustration of it has the GU_XX about 3times bigger then the one the Alpha Carries.. even thou its the Exact same weapon.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

I've seen Images of the Comics GMU... aprently the Same Unit... Fiting a MAC2 in its bunker... then an later an Alpha taking up about the same room in the Door way as the MAC2 did...

for a better Illustration of Robotech Scale... the ABP-Z4 in the Rifter is over 70ft in height... and Uses the Same GU-XX as the alpha... the Illustration of it has the GU_XX about 3times bigger then the one the Alpha Carries.. even thou its the Exact same weapon.

Yeah, but that was a Rifter submission. Far from cannon...
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Hystrix wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:Talks about a gun problem.

Yeah, but that was a Rifter submission. Far from "cannon"...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Hystrix, you slay me.

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Dairugger XV wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

True, but the version of the Z-4 that's in the Rifter isn't the one that was supposed to be sent (Basara will likely say as much once he sees this). Errata can be found on Stan's web site. Here's a direct link to the errata.

Cool. I had not seen that...
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Physically impossible considering that the Ark Angel only ever existed in the novels or comics that were based off the novels :)
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

In the Novels It was Lang who stole the SDF-7/Ark Angel. He used Col. Wolfe to do the dirty work.
I had the comics showing it as a large Horrizont type vessel. However I like this version which has appeared here on the robotech post alot.

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Naval/Izumo.html
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Hystrix wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Inncorect, Robotech is a Licensed Product just like the Comics, that means All the Information and Art work had Harmony golds Stamp of approval on it, Making it Offical RPG material. the Rifter may be a Source of non-canon info for the other Settings, but the Way the License worked the Robotech stuff was HG approved.
Plus the Rifter Atricles on Titan Robots is Offical material as well...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Dairugger XV wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Blah

Blahquote]

True, but the version of the Z-4 that's in the Rifter isn't the one that was supposed to be sent (Basara will likely say as much once he sees this). Errata can be found on Stan's web site. Here's a direct link to the errata.

The Issue isnt With his design, its with Breaux's Art Work... Stan's Errata (the only one i've ever seen for a palladium product, and its not offical) Makes the design match the Art... but the Canonical Version of the Vehical remains unchanged... HUGE gunpoD that's Suposed to tbe the Same one as the Alpha...
Methnks Breaux Drew the Mecha on Scale with an Alpha... forgeting to take into account the Size of the Mecha... The Art is good thou.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Tetsuya wrote:The Mecha in question isn't canon.

It is "official" and "liscenced"... which are *not* the same thing as Canon.

When in the context of Stuff that appeared in the RPG, it is Canon. It had to go through the Exact same stuff all the other Robotech Books had to go though to be Printed as a Robotech mecha by Palladium books. (The Rubber stamp for HG's "Approval"... AKA thanks for the check)

Much like all of the Star Wars novels are "liscenced/official" they are *not* part of the Canon storyline.. LucasArts goes to great lenghts to keep the Canon Storyline and the "Expanded Universe" story lines quite separate.

Lucas arts is a bit Diffrent then HG's Rubber stamp Policy in the 90's... if it hd the name Robotech(r) on it... HG made it Offical & Canon as long as you published it (and paid HG) its the main reason Robotech Canon was a mess in the 90's, and why the Majority of Old Fandom hate the Corrections made to Canon by the new Series.
Paramount does the same thing with Trek.

Star trek is pretty bad about its Canon.... i dont have enough pages to List is own Continuity Errors in the Televised series & movies...

Same goes for the Ark Angel. Not Canon - but still "official" and from a "liscenced" source.

thats riht, its no longer Canon, Thanks to the Robotech.com Ret-Con going on since 2001.... Until 2001 it was Offical & Canon.... Just like the UN-Spacey Renaming the Planet Tirol Eden in a later Comic Series... & Zor Sending a Ship to Reinforce the Exo-Squad people....

please be aware of the difference.

I know the Diffrence... but the RPG is completly Removed form Robotech Canon... none of the Events/people/places invented in the RPG survived the Death of the Palladium's RT License.... but the Z4 is just as Canon in the RPG as the ROTM mecha and the Strike-Force Mecha invented by Breaux.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:I know the Diffrence... but the RPG is completly Removed form Robotech Canon... none of the Events/people/places invented in the RPG survived the Death of the Palladium's RT License.... but the Z4 is just as Canon in the RPG as the ROTM mecha and the Strike-Force Mecha invented by Breaux.

So, I was right, it's *not* canon. :P
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Not Canon Robotech, but its Canon Robotech RPG Material.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”