11 reasons the Invid are Hippies

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

11 reasons the Invid are Hippies

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

I think I've been at work too long today, so here's some stuff I was thinking of at lunchtime.

1) They are seriously into Flower Power
2) They worship and all-mother goddess
3) They live in communes that they build themselves
4) Most of the human-looking ones have long hair
5) And no job
6) In their natural state they are content to sit around consuming 'the weed' and exploring a psychic.. group mind... thing.. man...
7) Hey, are you eating that?
8) They get really upset when you burn their plantation and are really into eco-friendly farming
9) They have a chieved peace and love amongst themselves, but others just don't dig it.
10) They really don't dig the 'over-stuffed' REF and it's association to the military-industrial complex and 'the establishment, man'.
11) The goddess is dancing.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Re: 11 reasons the Invid are Hippies

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Zerebus wrote:Then what does this make Lancer's Rockers? :D

Don't go there, man. Just don't.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Re: 11 reasons the Invid are Hippies

Zerebus wrote:Then what does this make Lancer's Rockers? :D

Rebels without a clue.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Angryjack wrote:Mega FScking COOL man. Lancers Rockers was damn good. The Krugach invid were not.

Best thing about Lancer's Rockers is the Battle bikes and the Cyclone repair skill that should be availible to a few more OCCs than are listed.

The art was not as bad as most books such as anything by Simon (since a stick man for me is good, somepeople might disagree)
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Lancer's Rockers has a bunch of neat stuff. Except for the rockers and their instramecha...
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Unread post by Guest »

wait...

they had instramecha...

I knew there was a reason I didn't get that book..
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

12) Once they drop by, they never leave.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

13) When they fallin love with a soldier, they try to to bring him/her to the non-violoent way and peace.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Angryjack wrote:Mega FScking COOL man. Lancers Rockers was damn good. The Krugach invid were not.

Krucach invid? are they from there?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Zerebus wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

Krucach invid? are they from there?

Yes, the Krugratch are from there, no apparently none of us can agree on how to spell them. :lol:
all together class K-r-u-g-a-t-c-h Krugatch
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

yes i own the book and yes most of the book blows all but the two occ
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

ok i give you that they dont suck as much

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

14) And when the going gets tough and the cops are breathing down their necks, they vanish in a flash of psychodelic light!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I haven't laughed this hard in months
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Heh.....

I still say that Macross 7 was a direct rip-off of Lancer's Rockers. Yep, not much could be called dorkier than a bunch of idiots using instrumecha....whether they take the form of a wanna-be John Lennon using a guitar-piloted Valkyrie or a moron with a guitar-controlled Synchro-cannon wanna-be.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I'm actually okay with the Insturmecha as presented, since they're just using sound the same way lasers use light. From a science standpoint, they're not that bad.

The adventure itself was pretty damn neat, too. The Invid, too. In fact, I'm having a hard time trying to decide what it is about that book that I don't like as much.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

15) The girls are babes, but their wierd vegetarian diet would freak out your parents.

Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Hey, Sonic Weapons rock. (pun intended).

It's also fairly underused energy weapon type. (Rifts for example has lasers, ion beams, railguns, missiles, particle beams, I-beams, but no sonic weapons or masers)

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”