Small arms!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Small arms!

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

So what's your favorite side arm or personal rifle to carry into combat?
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Gallant H-90, though and through. It's just too versitile in its power output and ammo capacity. It can go from an anti-human weapon to a light anti-mecha weapon with the mere flick of a switch.

Put in the hands of someone compitent and you have a pretty nasty weapons package that is easy to mass-produce and probably easy to maintain in the field.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lt. Holmes wrote:Gallant H-90, though and through. It's just too versitile in its power output and ammo capacity. It can go from an anti-human weapon to a light anti-mecha weapon with the mere flick of a switch.

Put in the hands of someone compitent and you have a pretty nasty weapons package that is easy to mass-produce and probably easy to maintain in the field.

actually probablly hard to maintain in the feild. . .it has to do with it's varying settings. just a little mechanical difference betwen firing a full strength and weak blast as far as internal mechinisems go, for a lot of difference.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

KBP-Tula 9A-91 Assault Rifle
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

AlexanderDeath wrote:H-90 for look and utility, Sal 9 for hurting power

Gotta go with the H-90 too... but I think you are meaning the FAL-7 laser sub-machinegun.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Untill just recently I was H-90 fan, but now playing my Freedom Fighter character I find the Koskov-47 (same as the Fal-2) and the good old AK to rule my passions.

The Koskov hits hard, plenty of ammo, is compact and easy to conceal. The AK is a pretty good rifle, and it's so common it almost seems invisible.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Hmmm....gotta go with the REAL Wolverine Assault Rifle...which was actually from Southern Cross....not the one Palladium misidentified (which was actually an energy weapon), but the one that shoots a 7.62mm round. Add an underslung grenade launcher, passive nightscope and laser designator and she's good to rock and roll.
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

H-90.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Koskhov-47, absolutely.

Otherwise I'm partial to the Sal-9, the wolverine assault rifle, and the weasal pistol, probably in that order.

The H-90 is nothing more than a big glowing target saying 'shoot me!' for the Invid. I'm happy to let other troops use it. In fact, my team uses them as cheap 'protoculture decoys' by activating and burying them, and then shooting up the Invid as they go crazy looking for it.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

The weasel pistol is my preferred sidearm of choice.
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

H-90 and Weasel Auto Pistol.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

The Gallant rocks all the way to Bangkok, to make a proud man humble.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Corsarius wrote:The H-90 is nothing more than a big glowing target saying 'shoot me!' for the Invid. I'm happy to let other troops use it. In fact, my team uses them as cheap 'protoculture decoys' by activating and burying them, and then shooting up the Invid as they go crazy looking for it.

But you must admit that the H-90 has more stopping power and anti-mecha capability of any man-portable firearm, discounting the RL-series.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

I agree completely with you. Taken on it's merits it's one of the finest man-portable energy weapons humanity ever produced. (the Bioroid Terminator weapon does the same damage, has good range, and a large payload, and isn't protoculture powered)

Basically I like the Gallant, but it's like running around a combat zone with a machine gun and wearing day-glo orange fatigues that light up at night. As opposed to everyone else, who is wearing regular camoflague fatigues, but has a rifle of slower fire and smaller calibre.

Basically, I'll go with the safer one every time. Protoculture in an invid-dominated environment = death.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'm still waiting for the watcha talkin' 'bout Willis in response to mine.

Side question to those who have seen the series, do we actually see an Invid track a Gallant?

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

A new Russian 9 mm Assault Rifle. it's designed for use by special forces. it has a low firing signature (read effectively silenced), but can pierce just about any body armour ever made, it's even capable of engaging light armoured vehicles. All this in a package about the same size as an MP-5.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as64-e.htm for details.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:I'm still waiting for the watcha talkin' 'bout Willis in response to mine.

Side question to those who have seen the series, do we actually see an Invid track a Gallant?

I believe so, its when Rand figures out that Invid can track PC, its b/c he or scott turned on their Gallant, and the nearby Stormtrooper came after their hiding spot.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ahh, very interesting.

Anything else aside from true mecah we see them track? The novels imply that they can track all energy weapons.

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

The RPG indicates they track only protoculture powered devices. Thus all energy weapons except the gallant are exempt.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I should get the DVDs and find out for myself.

My knowledge of the show is based on what I saw on TV 20 years ago, almost all of it Macross and a couple of eps of Southern Cross.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:Ahh, very interesting.

Anything else aside from true mecah we see them track? The novels imply that they can track all energy weapons.

in the Flash back in Paper-hero... they Track Lunk's Jeep he is using to pick up his buddy...
Thou you dont see them Track it, the Cola Van Driver is Given a Ration of PC for his Van... some people seam to think most Vehicals by the ASC era were PC powered (or PC-hybird powered as the Cyclone)... as it was a Clean, Near Infinite power source.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Corsarius wrote:The RPG indicates they track only protoculture powered devices. Thus all energy weapons except the gallant are exempt.

Unless you charge them from a P-cell, then you're boned.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Corsarius wrote:The RPG indicates they track only protoculture powered devices. Thus all energy weapons except the gallant are exempt.

Unless you charge them from a P-cell, then you're boned.

But P-cells are still the best, most efficient way of delivering energy in a small package. That's why the H-90 has such a good damage potential, while other, non-protoculture powered arms just don't measure up.

And I agree that H-90s can be sensed, but I doubt that they'd actually show up on an Invid scanning screen. But it's still enough to give away your position, so it'd probably be best to keep it powered down until you need that extra power.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

The ASC ion blaster, low payload but wicked intimidation factor
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, it's a nice shotgun type weapon.

Unread post by Guest »

hmmm...the H-90 was the one that could be a weird pistol, or have a stock and barrel added on for more damage/range right?

I liked those alot.

In Macross though I played a guy who kept a good old fashioned Colt 1911 in .45 around because it was stylish.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”