VF-1 vs Inivd Shock Thooper

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The RCB, the FPA an the OBPAV make the short list of hostile mechas the PCs in my game never want to encounter.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:The RCB, the FPA an the OBPAV make the short list of hostile mechas the PCs in my game never want to encounter.

OBPAV? i'm not familier with that Achronyme... isnt that a Woman's "special" doctor?
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Officer's Battle Pod Armoured Vehicle

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Jefffar wrote:Officer's Battle Pod Armoured Vehicle

oh the Near Impossible boss to Kill in Battle Cry?
never had a GM use one against us in Robotech.... in Mac2 we fought a MAC2 version.... he Liked FPA's, Stingers Based of FPA's, the Zaria FPA, Bioroid Invid Fighters, and RCBs.... RCB's with 2 Plasma Canons.... using Paired Weapons to Duel fire them...

The RCB Pilot from the game we played was a Cloned Simulagent of one of the other PC's, he has a 26 PP... and by the end he had sygnifigant Cybernetic modifications....
the GM was using some Rifts-Cybernetics as Invid Designs... He'd Also made Simulagents have Minor Psionics, Sixth Sense, Total Recall.. the NPC was Real Silly... He'd Never Face his Opposite in One on One combat, unless he was signigantly Dammaged... and never Seamed to Make the Kill shots when he had the chance... prefering to Try and Capture us alive... We Finnaly Killed him with a Drumbomb from a MAC3...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

You should do a test dogfight in space, OBPAV vs VF-1

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:You should do a test dogfight in space, OBPAV vs VF-1

Khyron in the OBP-AV(4th Level) V. Rick Hunter in a VF-1(4th Level)?
to Mimic when both pilots were more Apt to Duel against one another.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Angryjack wrote:drumbombs, for when you absolutely , have to have the last word in an argument.
(proceeds to drop 2 drum bombs)

*watches as the drum bombs roll down the hill after Angryjack* Yup, that was the last word afterall.

Wolfe, run the fight yet?

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:
Angryjack wrote:drumbombs, for when you absolutely , have to have the last word in an argument.
(proceeds to drop 2 drum bombs)

*watches as the drum bombs roll down the hill after Angryjack* Yup, that was the last word afterall.

Wolfe, run the fight yet?

not yet, but i plan to tonight after i get done with some stuff.
the Odds are Weighted toward the VF-1, but Proper use of the sheild system on the OPBAV could change the odds..

2 rules calls:
Would you say the force feild could be placed on the botttom of the unit, and a Parry roll/Pilot check could be used to in essance Parry Missle Volleys?

and Damage Carry over, if the Forcefeild fails while not abosorbing all the damage... dose it Carry over to the main body?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I always played it could get shifted around like a parry.

I always played that any area effect or burst fire weapon that overwhelmed the shield had carry over damage. Anything that only has one hit on the shield gets stopped even if the shield buckles.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”