If you could Date anyone of the woman from Robotech

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Corsarius wrote:Hey! You keep away from my woman! :x

*climbs into Soldati mecha ready to do battle*

Oh, and I know JUST the picture Raiden means..... hubba hubba.

*climbs into Excalibur mecha* ok....but it's your funeral pal 8)
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Shin Kenshiro wrote:

Ouch. Soldati vs an Ecal. This could be fun to watch *munches on popcorn*
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Shin Kenshiro wrote:

Could somebody remind me just what a Soldati is?

and by Excalibur, do you mean the artillery destroid with the havy particle beam gun arm(s) (depending on whether you use the RDF model or REF one from Sentinels), or some other one I'm not thinking of off hand?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

........ I think the true strength of the EBSIS lies in it's numbers, and the strength of the RDF in the quality of it's mecha.

Svartalf, a Soldati is the Standard Fighting Battloid of the EBSIS. 200MDC main body, fairly agile, manoeverable in all environments (including underwater and in space), with an AKG-47 55mm 3-barrel gunpod (that was so good the RDF knocked it off as the GU-11) and a head-mounted plasma cannon that does 6d6MD. Check out Southern Cross for more info.

An Excalibur, one-on-one... eek... is the finest ground-pounding mecha known to man, apart from (arguably) the mini-mac, and certainly the best mass-produced destroid. Hovertank enthusiasts may well argue otherwise, but I'd go up against a HT in a Soldati with a chance (yes, a chance) of winning. I doubt I would have such a chance in a Soldati vs excal without cover, surprise, and the environment on my side.

Shall we fight in, say, a Genesis pit? (warms up fusion reactor and buckles on tele-mental helmet).

HOWEVER. The regis is MY girl and I will fight with the tools I have. (checks loads in AKG-47). My only real hope is that the babe with the bald will step in and save me from complete annihilation, but my love and trust in her is complete. As this is anime, and especially robotech, we know that love and trust (and protoculture) adds up to some wierd things happening with probability, and my likelihood of survival goes up a notch or three. Unless, of course, I am fated for a tragic last-minute death with appropriate dying words... Ah, thems the breaks of dating goddesses, but this one is worth it.

And as for her splitting herself? ewwwwww.... she did that once before and produced the regent. Who the heck is going to date him? Keep out of my fantasy you pansexual pervert! (lol)
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

[quote="Corsarius"]........ I think the true strength of the EBSIS lies in it's numbers, and the strength of the RDF in the quality of it's mecha.

Svartalf, a Soldati is the Standard Fighting Battloid of the EBSIS. 200MDC main body, fairly agile, manoeverable in all environments (including underwater and in space), with an AKG-47 55mm 3-barrel gunpod (that was so good the RDF knocked it off as the GU-11) and a head-mounted plasma cannon that does 6d6MD. Check out Southern Cross for more info.

An Excalibur, one-on-one... eek... is the finest ground-pounding mecha known to man, apart from (arguably) the mini-mac, and certainly the best mass-produced destroid. Hovertank enthusiasts may well argue otherwise, but I'd go up against a HT in a Soldati with a chance (yes, a chance) of winning. I doubt I would have such a chance in a Soldati vs excal without cover, surprise, and the environment on my side.
quote]

Since Taffy seems to be away again, I'll take my mecha-fix anywhere (and any thread) I can get it :-D

*scribbles down notes, not bothering with his voice-to-print unit*
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Corsarius wrote:
Shall we fight in, say, a Genesis pit? (warms up fusion reactor and buckles on tele-mental helmet).

Ahh, the gay old Thinking cap Idea fomr the novels... glad that will die with them.
[{quote]And as for her splitting herself? ewwwwww.... she did that once before and produced the regent. Who the heck is going to date him? Keep out of my fantasy you pansexual pervert! (lol)[/quote]

That Regis becomming the Regnt BS is not remotly Supported by the Sentinels Dialog between the Regent and Regsis. nut even so... The Regent no longer exists. Corg was a much better character then the Regent ever was.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Corsarius wrote:

Ahh, the gay old Thinking cap Idea fomr the novels... glad that will die with them.

Actually, the tele-mental helmet is from the RPG, and it helped to explain why the EBSIS mecha could have some of the same agility of RDF mecha, because the EBSIS mecha (usually) isn't PC-powered.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Lt. Holmes wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Corsarius wrote:

Actually, the tele-mental helmet is from the RPG, and it helped to explain why the EBSIS mecha could have some of the same agility of RDF mecha, because the EBSIS mecha (usually) isn't PC-powered.

Yet another Dumb idea from the novels... a Man-Machine link.... The Mecha all forces in Robotech use some sort of Fusion power, Protoculture is just used in the system to allow for a Fusion reaction less then 1 Million degrees.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Angryjack wrote:After that, CLaudia grant ( the only surviving member of the SDF Crew besides Hayes)

One of the Bridge Bunnies may have Survived... her name is left out of the opening speach remembeirng the SDF-1 bridge crew in "Dana's Story"

Edit: Vanessa Leeds wasnt mentioned. Sure she may hev blown up, but she migth have lived through it.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

I don't know why I'm even botherng to respond here, but my preciousssss (ahem) EBSIS has been slighted.

Wolfe, I'm not sure if the novels came before or after the RPG, but my bet where KS and Palladium got the idea for the 'Tele-Mental' helmet (please note, it's not called a thinking cap), would be that it comes from a book called 'Firefox' by Craig Thomas, first printed in 1977 by Michael Joseph Ltd. Please go get yourself a copy. Two points are in this favour:

1) The firefox is Russian, and so is the Soviet mecha
2) The Firefox uses a 'neural' helmet, which sounds similar to the 'tele-mental helmet' of the RPG (and also the neurohelm of Battletech, which likely also sourced it's ideas from Thomas).

Remember also that the EBSIS is a creation of, and exists only in, the RPG and is not a recognised part of the Robotech universe at large, however the man-machine interface between protoculture and machine IS, so by denying it, you are in essence denying you like robotech!

I'd also say that the Tele-mental helmet is probably not gay unless it is painted hot pink and covered in sequins.

Thank you all for listening. We now return you to your regular programming..... and I'll still give my vote to the Regis, because she's still my choice of Robotech Gal.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Corsarius wrote:I don't know why I'm even botherng to respond here, but my preciousssss (ahem) EBSIS has been slighted.

You did, so I will inturn respond.

Wolfe, I'm not sure if the novels came before or after the RPG, but my bet where KS and Palladium got the idea for the 'Tele-Mental' helmet (please note, it's not called a thinking cap), would be that it comes from a book called 'Firefox' by Craig Thomas, first printed in 1977 by Michael Joseph Ltd. Please go get yourself a copy. Two points are in this favour:

1) The firefox is Russian, and so is the Soviet mecha
2) The Firefox uses a 'neural' helmet, which sounds similar to the 'tele-mental helmet' of the RPG (and also the neurohelm of Battletech, which likely also sourced it's ideas from Thomas).

Graphic Novel by Comico 1986 predates or Conicides the Robotehc RPG book. The GN is considred Secondary continuity, and will not be used a a primary Source for any further Robotech Cevlopment. The Jack Mckinney Novels use this as a Basis. The Novels follow up with the majority being published in 1987.

Remember also that the EBSIS is a creation of, and exists only in, the RPG and is not a recognised part of the Robotech universe at large, however the man-machine interface between protoculture and machine IS, so by denying it, you are in essence denying you like robotech!

Man, you must think i'm a Moron, I know the Ebsis was a RPG invention. The Man-Machine link is not a Part of the Robotech Universe, it is part of the Secondary continuity establied by the RPG, Novels and Graphic Novel, All of Which are Secondary Continuity items. But Dont Insult me and make claims that i deny Robotech because i deny a pert of Robotech thats not In the Series Animation and only come from Secondary sources.

I'd also say that the Tele-mental helmet is probably not gay unless it is painted hot pink and covered in sequins.

Thank you all for listening. We now return you to your regular programming..... and I'll still give my vote to the Regis, because she's still my choice of Robotech Gal.

Are you sure the Regis is even Female? she appears as a blob on energy for 1/2 the show.. He' mostlikely a Trans-Dimnesional Cross-Dresser.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Graphic Novel by Comico 1986 predates or Conicides the Robotehc RPG book. The GN is considred Secondary continuity, and will not be used a a primary Source for any further Robotech Cevlopment. The Jack Mckinney Novels use this as a Basis. The Novels follow up with the majority being published in 1987.

Cripes, this 'quote, unquote' is going to be a real problem...
Perhaps they do, but perhaps the original idea came from Firefox, which is the earliest source I can find of such a thing. Certainly it predates all of your sources. My imagination was fired the first time I read it, and I am re-reading my copy of it right now (I dragged it off the bookshelf to get the date of original publication).

Man, you must think i'm a Moron

I'm sorry. That's an EBSIS state secret and we cannot respond to this statement. :P

I know the Ebsis was a RPG invention. The Man-Machine link is not a Part of the Robotech Universe, it is part of the Secondary continuity establied by the RPG, Novels and Graphic Novel, All of Which are Secondary Continuity items. But Dont Insult me and make claims that i deny Robotech because i deny a pert of Robotech thats not In the Series Animation and only come from Secondary sources.

I know your attitude towards the forums here, but please respect that there are those here who just enjoy the TV show and the RPG. I source all my materials from just those two, and no others. I am not a member of robotech.com or any other robotech related site. I'm here because I love the game, and I love chatting with others who likewise are 'protoculture addicts' who enjoy the RPG.

Are you sure the Regis is even Female? she appears as a blob on energy for 1/2 the show.. He' mostlikely a Trans-Dimnesional Cross-Dresser.

Dude, I lived across the road from 'the laundromat' in Brisbane's famous Fortitude Valley for about 6 years. I think I've seen more than enough trannies plying their trade on that particular street corner to tell the difference.

Come to think of it though, would you class any protoplasmic blob as female or male? It could be either, it could be both. I'm here to tell you, though, that the Regis is all woman. :D 8)

Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Corsarius wrote:Come to think of it though, would you class any protoplasmic blob as female or male? It could be either, it could be both. I'm here to tell you, though, that the Regis is all woman. :D 8)

Yeah... all 10 feet of her. Not to mention the lack of legs. I'd strongly advise you NOT **** her off, since you're liable to find youself in a Genisis Pit experiment...

Now then, enough of all this idle chatter. I want my Soldati vs Ecal match, dammit!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Hmmm...

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Raiden wrote:I'd have to say Lisa Hayse. Check out the cover of issue 4 or 5 of the "Robotech: Invasion" comic. (You'll know which one I mean when you see the cover :D 8)

According to the RT site it's #3, this one, right?
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Lt. Holmes wrote:Yeah... all 10 feet of her. Not to mention the lack of legs. I'd strongly advise you NOT **** her off, since you're liable to find youself in a Genisis Pit experiment...

Now then, enough of all this idle chatter. I want my Soldati vs Ecal match, dammit!

Let's try 6 feet, shall we (check her stats in the Invid Invasion book)? And she has some damn fine legs under those heavy robes. In fact, some days that's all she wears to work, you know.

And so far I just say 'uh huh' and 'yes, dear' when we're off in public (after all, she is a god-like being), but hooboy, in private my lad... I have some scratches on my back that will take more than a protoculture salve to cure...

Suits me, I guess (gulp). I have a total and complete idea of my chances against an excal, btw, but honour insists that I must do this (after all, being aberrant, the Regis admires honour and courage). We'll start this in a Genesis pit. Lots of jungle environment to negate those fancy sensors of yours (see ROTM for details), your lack of gripping appendages will hinder you, and your large size telegraphs your movement. Your medium-range missiles are pretty much negated in this kind of combat arena, although your short-range capacity remains fearsome. To summ up, you are well-armed and armoured, but slow and unmanoeverable. The Soldati is faster and jump-capable, and can also utilise underwater combat to it's advantage. It is also much smaller than the Excal. Having said that, engagements with a single soldati would be 'death of a thousand cuts', as the lower armour would negate a frontal assault. My tactics will be to set up a blind of some sort and engage from another direction, targeting sensors and weapons first with one or two shots, then retreating quickly back into the jungle or underwater, where missiles and beam weapons are less effective (I am aware of the TZ-IV clusters, though, and those have to go!).

Hecklers please feel free to engage in constructive criticism. I'm no Taffy, but I have worked with him on TASW, especially some aspects of the EBSIS mecha (for those that remember my short series of complementary lectures in the various TASW threads) and tactics.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Corsarius wrote:
Lt. Holmes wrote:Yeah... all 10 feet of her. Not to mention the lack of legs. I'd strongly advise you NOT **** her off, since you're liable to find youself in a Genisis Pit experiment...

Let's try 6 feet, shall we (check her stats in the Invid Invasion book)? And she has some damn fine legs under those heavy robes. In fact, some days that's all she wears to work, you know.

IT's a MAN.

and its a bad angle, but she is WAY taller then Team Bernard: http://www.robotech.com/images/content/EPS_97_6_4623.jpg
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

[quote="Colonel Wolfe']
IT's a MAN.

Hey, you ever seen a bad hair day when she don't have any hair? That's what you get.

Otherwise..... What Zerebus said..

Besides, I happen to know what's under those robes, so you just go on thinking what you want, but it's one less in the way of competition for me...

and its a bad angle, but she is WAY taller then Team Bernard: http://www.robotech.com/images/content/EPS_97_6_4623.jpg

well, going from this picture there is one of two options:
1) She is using Levitation in the same manner as the Robotech Masters: For no real reason at all apart from looking cool (she does that some nights, too)

2) She is standing on a raised plinth, as befits a god-like being when addressing mortals.

Dude, the stats say 6 feet and female, and even your precious RT.com states she is all woman. Get over it.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Corsarius wrote:[quote="Colonel Wolfe']
IT's a MAN.

Hey, you ever seen a bad hair day when she don't have any hair? That's what you get.

Otherwise..... What Zerebus said..

Besides, I happen to know what's under those robes, so you just go on thinking what you want, but it's one less in the way of competition for me...

well, going from this picture there is one of two options:
1) She is using Levitation in the same manner as the Robotech Masters: For no real reason at all apart from looking cool (she does that some nights, too)

2) She is standing on a raised plinth, as befits a god-like being when addressing mortals.

Dude, the stats say 6 feet and female, and even your precious RT.com states she is all woman. Get over it.

Your getting Boarderlin Personal.

Remember Robotech.com is HG's Offical web page for Robotech. I have nothign to do with that.

The Regent is At least as Tall has the Red Enforcers/Powerarmors in his Army.
The Regent Picks up a Tirolian Worker by his head, Hold him up to his Soilder... the Man is Clearly half the Regents Height.
The Regis is at least as tall if not Taller then the Regent.

Usig the Hright comparisdon of Wolff and the Invif Power armor here: http://www.robotech.com/images/content/EPS_81_6_2531.jpg

The Invid PA is at least 7 feet tall. The Regent's Red Enforcers are nearly Twice as big as the Tirolians in Sentinels. The Regent is Taller then the Red Enforcers... and the Regis is as tall or Taller..

The Stats are inncorect, just like they are on the Beta & various other Places in the books. Accept the RPG is Flawed and you can begin to move on, the only place the RPG is not Flawed is in you EBSIS, being it is 100% Fabricated by Palladium.
I see you cant take a Joke, and react with mud slinging and attitude when someone disagrees with you, and backs their words with proof. Sorry you can accept the RPG is flawed. Just watch the Show, and enjoy

EDIT::

heres a good shots of her Height.

http://www.rtsurfer.com/_images/Symphony%20of%20the%20Light%20(201).jpg
http://www.rtsurfer.com/_images/Symphony%20of%20the%20Light%20(197).jpg
Thansk to RTSurfer for the Shots.

Covrered in his How tall is the Regsis thread at RDFHQ

Edit2---

a better Pic:
http://scarmyofone.000k2.com/scross/regisheight.JPG
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

So I call something 'my precious' (to my own detriment) and no-one notices. I rib you a bit about something you often seem to refer to and you get all antsy. *sigh*. I suppose it's likely to have thin-skinned people on any text-based system where context is difficult to acertain.

Cool pics to back your argument, though.

Let's just say that she can go up and down in size at will, or she's standing on stilts like those people in parades, or something, okay? You like one set of stats, I like another. You say to-may-to, I say tomato....

You may not have noticed (as you don't know me all that well) but I'm not taking this thread entirely seriously. After all, what we are speculating on is the equivalent of debating who is more sexy, Betty Rubble or Wilma Flintstone. I mean it's a crazy discussion and should be treated as a bit of a laugh.

Besides, it's not possible.

She'd never leave Fred, and we know it. :lol:

Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Corsarius wrote:Hecklers please feel free to engage in constructive criticism. I'm no Taffy, but I have worked with him on TASW, especially some aspects of the EBSIS mecha (for those that remember my short series of complementary lectures in the various TASW threads) and tactics.

Heckle! Heckle! Jeer!
(sorry, but you need to have at least one shill in the audience :) )

but honour insists that I must do this (after all, being aberrant, the Regis admires honour and courage). We'll start this in a Genesis pit. Lots of jungle environment to negate those fancy sensors of yours

You're using honour and courage to win over the Regis... but are stacking the deck in your favour by deliberatly picking an environment that the Excal has a serious disadvantage in? Imagine how the Lady would react to hearing about your "honour" then, dear Comrade. Try it out in the open plains or in the wastelands and THEN you'd be fighting with honour and courage.

your lack of gripping appendages will hinder you

True, but those extra-reinforced PBC arms would give one heckuva nasty whack if the range were close enough, not to mention what a kick to the shins from an Excal would feel like...

To summ up, you are well-armed and armoured, but slow and unmanoeverable.

I'll grant you the slow part, but the Destroid series are slow due to armour, not lack of engine capacity. Plus all RDF- and REF-model Destroids, minus the MAC-series, can spin 180 degrees at the waist, which would be good in a fight like this since it would let the Excal quickly bring the PBCs and TZ-IVs to bear on any approching enemy, regardless of direction.

That being said, the Excal has to be able to SEE said enemy, as you pointed out, the jungle setting of the Genisis Pits would royally screw with the on-board sensors, and the eyes-only sight of the pilot is severely hindered by the design of the cockpit. But as we all know, the EBSIS mecha sacraficed armour for speed, so it would only take a few well-placed shots from the Excalabur to put you in your place, thus you'd have to make good and varied use of your jump jets to avoid just that situation.

Now before you start in with your rebuttals, let me remind you that I'm not the biggest fan of the Destroids to begin with and that I'd be quietly rooting for you to win. Destroid pilots have an ongoing beef with all Variable mecha jocks, us Cycloner's included. To say that we are unwelcome in their domains is to be putting it mildly, though it does make for an interesting evening when I walk into a Destroid bar while dragging my uniform jacket on the floor and daring anyone to step on it.

Besides, it's not possible.

She'd never leave Fred, and we know it.

No fair! You beat me to it!
Besides, I thought non-state-sanctioned shows like that were banned in your nation?
Shin Kenshiro

Corsarius wrote:Suits me, I guess (gulp). I have a total and complete idea of my chances against an excal, btw, but honour insists that I must do this (after all, being aberrant, the Regis admires honour and courage). We'll start this in a Genesis pit. Lots of jungle environment to negate those fancy sensors of yours (see ROTM for details), your lack of gripping appendages will hinder you, and your large size telegraphs your movement. Your medium-range missiles are pretty much negated in this kind of combat arena, although your short-range capacity remains fearsome. To summ up, you are well-armed and armoured, but slow and unmanoeverable. The Soldati is faster and jump-capable, and can also utilise underwater combat to it's advantage. It is also much smaller than the Excal. Having said that, engagements with a single soldati would be 'death of a thousand cuts', as the lower armour would negate a frontal assault. My tactics will be to set up a blind of some sort and engage from another direction, targeting sensors and weapons first with one or two shots, then retreating quickly back into the jungle or underwater, where missiles and beam weapons are less effective (I am aware of the TZ-IV clusters, though, and those have to go!).

Hecklers please feel free to engage in constructive criticism. I'm no Taffy, but I have worked with him on TASW, especially some aspects of the EBSIS mecha (for those that remember my short series of complementary lectures in the various TASW threads) and tactics.

I'd have no qualms with such action in a Genesis pit. Honour does NOT mean stupidity. To have us fight in a big wide open clearing isn't honour....it's suicide. I'd wipe my butt with his Soldati and then where's the fun? A weekend fling with the Regis? It's an empty victory.

So no, the Genesis Pit "Rumble In The Jungle" sounds like a very viable idea. However, remember that unlike the VT pilots, ground warfare is what Destroid pilots excel at, and we know many dirty tricks. Case in point...remember that as my Excal is indeed slower, my heavy armor also might want to make you rethink your idea of grappling with me. What makes you think that if it's only the two of us fighting that I won't just unload all my short range missiles into you point blank while you hold my PBC's?

Not enough clearing for me to keep a good shot on you? I have two clusters of jungle-clearing goodness, and my Mdm missiles are a great way to ensure I have a decent line of sight to many things around me. Remember that a Soldati isn't what we'd call tiny either. In this kind of situation I'd have to go into sniper mentality. Water would be my friend and any lake is a good place to hide as I'm not going to be worrying to much about oxygen constraints at first. Hide there and shut down a majority of my systems and the water creates a perfect heat sink to fool any short range sensors you've got, as well as making an excellent sound dampener, so many of my movements would go unheard.

One other thing to remember is that a PBC isn't really bothered by trees...so if I think you might be somewhere, I've got a stream of particles that goes and finds out.........I can pretty much negate cover at will. In the sniper mentality I could just go down to a crouch which should drop height to around 25-30 ft. Good height to be just above the average tree line and get to see just how many trees are falling as my Soldati opponent plays hide and seek.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Corsarius wrote:Cool pics to back your argument, though.

Let's just say that she can go up and down in size at will, or she's standing on stilts like those people in parades, or something, okay? You like one set of stats, I like another.

The Stats in invid invasion are Wrong either way, if She can alter her Heither at will, Then the Height of 6 ft is incorrect. and Being Every aspect of her body is 2-3x larger then Lancers body(and he in armor) She is not Wearing Stilts. The Regis is at Least 12 Feet Talk, Much taller from the Looks of it, how can you Argue with The Source of the RPG, the Series. Once again more Proof Palladium only Watched the macross era of Robotech when making the RPG.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Angryjack wrote:the Regis is a shape shifter and can change her size at will.

yes, but not by the RPG, it Lists her Height at 6ft, and never mentions any ability to Shape Change.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

yes, but not by the RPG, it Lists her Height at 6ft, and never mentions any ability to Shape Change.

It also says a volley of four or more missiles will always hit their mark. So what.

I was Informed i was wrong, when i proved i was Correct... I was still told I was Wrong. Tha Animation Clearly Shows her being over 6ft in eight.

as for Missiles.... That has to do with System... something that Anime dose not Follow... but Character height is based off the Animation, and Should Match the Source.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Angryjack wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

They don't mention it in Invid Invasion ( oversight by KS )

THEY DO mention it in the REF Field Guide.

Heck you love harping on the RPG but apparently you never read all the RPG material ...
RDF Manual, RDF Accelerated Training Program, Zentraedi Break out, Strike Force, that book on Africa... etc etc etc...

Heck, you love to Call people out on information present in the RPG, but seam to have never read the book your self.

Jack, I Own and have Read every Robotehc RPG book produced byt Palladium, you sir are inncorect. Check Page 75 of Robotech RPG book 5, Invid Invasion. unless it was Omitted fomr the 1st and second printing, My Third printing Copy Lists her Age Height and Weight, I can even send you a picture of the page as Proof.

K, Thanks, Bye.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:"it" = her shapeshifting ability, from the context of Angryjack's post.

it was hard to see his meaning between all the Flames.

Still not a Listed power for her in Invid Invasion.
Even if it is listed in the REf frild guide, I'm not goin to open it up to Look for the Regis Stats. when her Entire profile is Give in Invid Invasion. By Invid Invasion she cannot Shape Change and has an Inccorect height Listed. By the 3rd printing in 1990, They should have corrected the Error,but Palladium never updates there books.

Also the Text Given in the REF feild guide is the REF's Speculation on what the Regis looks like, until "Metamophisis" the Regis never Assumes a Human form, the REF would assume she is a Shapechaning energy Being, and not give her a Solid height estimate. The REF feild guide is more Story/art book then hard stats.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Zerebus wrote:"it" = her shapeshifting ability, from the context of Angryjack's post.

Still not a Listed power for her in Invid Invasion.

Which is what he said. Which is what I was indirectly pointing out. :D Your reply to him was somewhat comical in that light. That's all.

Maybe, but The REF Feild guide is set up as a Guide Pc's would be exposed to and refrence for information. Most of it appears to be the REf's opion on how things work. its a Setting device, not somethign you can depend on for hard Stats. Invid Invasion Gives the Regis hard stats, if the Feild guided Listed he Game stats and exactl height/weight it ruins the Feel of the book and kills Supension of Disbelief... Sure the REf Beliefs she is a Shape changer.... but the Feild guide would also be a refrence fomr before the Invid Invasion, as The Regent is still listed in it and was Killed by Breetia at the end of the Sentinels war.

Actually, thr REF Feild guide is for a Seperat RPG. Robotech II: The Sentinels RPG. Which is related but seperate fomr the Basic Robotech RPG.
Robotech RPg is based off the 85 episode Canon of Robotech
the Robotech2 RPG is based off the failed Sentinels Series. that contradicts the primary series in many ways. the REf Feild guide is for the Robotech II RPG, not the Robotech RPG.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Yes, and the Rifts Dimension Books aren't supposed to be connected to Rifts Earth, nor Ninjas and Superspies to Heroes Unlimited...

The point being that they are anyway.

yes, but if Phase Wolrd sorsebook X said the Leader of the Coalition States on Rifts Earth was Jimmy Bob Bo Bob Prosek, would you go by that or What Listed in Rifts WB 11, CWC.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

CJH wrote:
and as for her splitting herself? ewwwwww.... she did that once before and produced the regent. Who the heck is going to date him? Keep out of my fantasy you pansexual pervert! (lol)

I meant INTENTIONALLY splitting herself...and into identical versons of herself...
YOU were the one who thought of the Regent....
:P

the Regis could split all she wants... i doubt she'd make a Male version fo her self.
No dialog in the Sentinels Supports the Idea of the Regent/Regis being the same person. She Refers to him as husband... not soemthign you'd really do if he came from you spliting your self.
The Regis Dialog in Invid Invasion says Her Forefathers were Defeated by the Masters.
Her Speech in "Reflex Point" begins as "
I have led my people in fight from the dark tide of shadow that engulfed our forefathers, that threatens to engulf us even now"

in Symphony of Light she says "
We called together all our people scattered through galaxies to begin life anew on this planet. We rebuilt a world that had nearly been destroyed by evil, and we constructed the Genesis Pit in order to pursue the path of enlightened evolution…but it was not enough. The Earth is reviving and will eventually regain its proper balance in accordance with the laws of nature. However, the humans have been too strongly influenced by the malignant shadow of the Robotech Masters and are only intent upon the destruction of their race. We, the Invid, will continue our evolutionary development elsewhere."

The Dark Tide is the Masters. The Regis lumps all Humans and Masters as one enemy... Technically the Human's are using a Technology Derived form the Masters.. She simply Sees them as one in the same.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, no one has mentioned this yet and I'm not quite sure you'll count it but I'd take ANY of the Praxian hotties.

-Vek
"One of the shorter ones, prefferably."
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Veknironth wrote:Well, no one has mentioned this yet and I'm not quite sure you'll count it but I'd take ANY of the Praxian hotties.

-Vek
"One of the shorter ones, prefferably."

they are Cute... but a we bit to Busty form many of the Drawings i saw...
Aziona is Cutier then they are... and Shes 50 feet of woman.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

*ahem*

Swimsuit Issue? Can anyone elaborate on this?
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Shin Kenshiro wrote:
I'd have no qualms with such action in a Genesis pit. Honour does NOT mean stupidity. To have us fight in a big wide open clearing isn't honour....it's suicide. I'd wipe my butt with his Soldati and then where's the fun? A weekend fling with the Regis? It's an empty victory.

So no, the Genesis Pit "Rumble In The Jungle" sounds like a very viable idea.

Aaaand in the red corner: Shin Kenshiro piloting a classic Excalibur from the Late, Great, RDF!!!! Give him a big hand!!!!! *Crowd goes wild. RDF uniforms abound. Bras are thrown. Minmei rushes towards the genesis pit to give Shin a big kiss*

Aaaand in the Other red corner (this being a Genesis pit and all): Corsarius piloting an unmodified EBSIS Soldati battloid!!!! *Crowd on other side goes crazy. Chants of E-B-S-I-S drowns out all the cheers. Coarse grey EBSIS uniforms abound. Rather larger bras are thrown. A woman with classical neaderth.... uh... Soviet looks comes rushing down towards the genesis pit to give Corsarius a big kiss. Fortunately for all she is intercepted by two Enforcers and led away to the Genesis Hive for further adjustment*

However, remember that unlike the VT pilots, ground warfare is what Destroid pilots excel at, and we know many dirty tricks. Case in point...remember that as my Excal is indeed slower, my heavy armor also might want to make you rethink your idea of grappling with me.

I don't want to grapple with you. You're twice my size for goodness sakes!

What makes you think that if it's only the two of us fighting that I won't just unload all my short range missiles into you point blank while you hold my PBC's?

And what makes you think that if we are in a grappling situation that I won't slip between your weapons (there are none centrally mounted), hold on to your TZ-IVs with each hand and blast plasma from my head gun directly into your crew compartment. At last check you have a fairly dinky machine gun for close-in defence there... But otherwise, you are right. Your missiles are justly feared, as they are by all non-missile-armed mecha.

Not enough clearing for me to keep a good shot on you? I have two clusters of jungle-clearing goodness, and my Mdm missiles are a great way to ensure I have a decent line of sight to many things around me.

But you telegraph your location VERY loudly with something like that. Remember, that the jungle environment scrambles your sensors and mine, so other sensors rule here. Actually, a Recon Destroyer would be well-suited for this scenario, and probably less likely to be toast

Remember that a Soldati isn't what we'd call tiny either.

Half your size, sonny. About 9 metres. You're weighing in at about 14. (guesstimates as I don't have my books on me).

In this kind of situation I'd have to go into sniper mentality.

We are both agreed on this, although being smaller and more manoeverable I would have an advantage in this. I think that Alphas, Master mecha, and Betas get a bonus in the jungle. Battloids, SC mecha, and Zentraedi get no bonus, and Destroids get a negative.

Water would be my friend and any lake is a good place to hide as I'm not going to be worrying to much about oxygen constraints at first.

Maybe, but it limits your main weapons systems and puts me at an advantage, as with thrusters I can move in 3 dimensions, whereas you are reduced to trudging along the bottom, unless you have that funky-groovy-channel 27-Excal which was in the Accellerated training manual.

Hide there and shut down a majority of my systems and the water creates a perfect heat sink to fool any short range sensors you've got,

It's not that 'combattlemecha' came that we play on hex boards in the officer's mess. We are in mecha, we don't have heat problems.

as well as making an excellent sound dampener, so many of my movements would go unheard.

If I was in a Recon Destroyer, I'd say 'maybe not', but this would go for both of us.

One other thing to remember is that a PBC isn't really bothered by trees...so if I think you might be somewhere, I've got a stream of particles that goes and finds out.........I can pretty much negate cover at will.

Yes, at the ranges those things operate, you can really reach out and touch someone quite easily. Of course, they have a relatively slow rate of fire, and you'd have to come looking to see if I was really dead or just faking it eventually..

In the sniper mentality I could just go down to a crouch which should drop height to around 25-30 ft. Good height to be just above the average tree line and get to see just how many trees are falling as my Soldati opponent plays hide and seek.

We can both do that, too, although I can get smaller than you in all dimensions. A smaller mecha can always use any and all terrain to superior advantage (like Logans and Cyclones).

Skull One

Unread post by Skull One »

Lisa Hayes

as a kid i thought she was the hottest and the coolest of all the girls.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'd have to go with Mylene Jenus.

and I don't care if she IS from Macross 7 :P
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shin Kenshiro

So Mylene but not the drummer huh? What are you, racist Nekira?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

naa, it's the green hair. I just can't go for puke green.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shin Kenshiro

So you DO hate Zentraedi! :lol:

Must be a girl thing...pink drives me insane in a bad way. My most reviled color.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zerebus wrote:Pink is nice so long as I'm not the one wearing it.

I agree. but it looked good on Mylene

Shin Kenshiro

More so than giant robots, big eyes, small mouths, and swords that move faster than reality...I think pink hair is the single most recognizable feature of anime.

It's baaaaad. Though I imagine it could be quite the psychological weapon...facing a Pink Veritech or waking up one morning to find that someone has painted your Cyclone PINK!!
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Shin Kenshiro wrote: waking up one morning to find that someone has painted your Cyclone PINK!!

Mark my words, heads would ROLL over that. Before I pulled out the CADS, that is.
Mike Taylor

Re: If you could Date anyone of the woman from Robotech

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Terry57x wrote:If you could Date anyone of the woman from Robotech who would you date?

Rook Bartley would have to be my choice. She's cute, spirited, and comes across as low maintenance (always a plus in my book).
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Miriya Parino (Sterling)

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

She's the best fighter pilot in all of the Zentraedi Grand Fleet not to mention the green hair.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Sue Graham or Nova Satori
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Sue Graham!?!
The reporter that looked on unflinchingly while soldiers were dying all around her?
You must have an "Ice Queen" complex... :P
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!
Svartalf
Champion

Shin Kenshiro wrote:More so than giant robots, big eyes, small mouths, and swords that move faster than reality...I think pink hair is the single most recognizable feature of anime.

It's baaaaad. Though I imagine it could be quite the psychological weapon...facing a Pink Veritech or waking up one morning to find that someone has painted your Cyclone PINK!!

Didn't Jeanne Francais once decorate her VHT with pink bunny ears?
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Is that Dana Sterling Svartalf?
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Svartalf
Champion

Janus wrote:Is that Dana Sterling Svartalf?

Yes... Just that I prefer to use the Original Japanese names for ASC characters, because RT is soo FUBAR that I can't accept any continuity between ASC and the other 2 pieces of the series.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Just saw this one.

I've alweays had a thing for Azonia... Hotness, true hotness...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Svartalf wrote:
Janus wrote:Is that Dana Sterling Svartalf?

Yes... Just that I prefer to use the Original Japanese names for ASC characters, because RT is soo FUBAR that I can't accept any continuity between ASC and the other 2 pieces of the series.

Ah I see, ok then yes she had bunny ears on her VHT for a celebraton thing.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”