New Update on Robotech: Shadow Force!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

New Update on Robotech: Shadow Force!

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Hey guys, I checked RT.com and there's been an update by Tommy Yune on the new Robotech project- looks great.

http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/faq/v ... egoryid=11

Q: Hey guys! Does anybody have background info about the new series???? Who will be the main characters?
  - Stemali

A: Harmony Gold has announced the production of the highly-anticipated new sequel to the original Robotech television series. The storyline picks up where the 85th (and final) episode left off with the Robotech Expedition's climactic confrontation with the Invid and the mysterious disappearance of Admiral Hunter.

Featuring a cast full of characters reprising their roles from the original series, the new adventure is slated to kick off with a full-length feature in 2005 to commemmorate the 20th anniversary of Robotech.
  - Tommy Yune
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

So, this would leave The Sentinels in the proverbial limbo, save for the re-edited movie from a while back, the novels & the RPG books. I think there was acomic adaptation, but I haven't seen it in a while.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

The Sentinels in its Comic/Rpg/Book Form will probely not look Like what it Will be if its ever done.

unfortunatly with Tommy Yune at the Helm of the Project... it will suck. Tommy has the Idea the only portion of Robotech that should be expanded apon is the Macross Sage. His Dislike of the Later 2 sections shows in his Lack of Support of the SC and (to a lesser extent) New Gen portions of the Show.

He'll re-introduce Idea like the REF goin back to a VF-1 Style Mecha, and The Masters are a Peaceful race, that the SC had no reason to attack.

Shadow Force has the REF facing a new threat..... I guess the Powervacume from the "Fall" of the Master empier would have some new enemys come out of the wood work, lookin for protoculture... or sumthing. (Kinda like in B-5 when the Shadows left... all sorts of things showed up)
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Could be interesting - how much will be KcKinney be involved or his novel "End of the Circle" used.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Ice Dragon wrote:Could be interesting - how much will be KcKinney be involved or his novel "End of the Circle" used.

Little to nothing at all. The suriving member of the two people writing under the Jack McKinney name is more interested in Star Wars novels.

And one of the major reasons why the novels were dumped during HG's conunity pruning was because of EOTC, closing off the series not to mention going in a direction they didn't really feel was even RT-like.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

As much as I enjoy the novels, I have to admit that I despise how the authors tried to turn Protoculture and the Flower of Life into some quasi-Force like mystical force. There was no need for that, and it only took away from the story without adding anything to it.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Ice Dragon wrote:Could be interesting - how much will be KcKinney be involved or his novel "End of the Circle" used.

I've never Read the Novels.. but from what i have heard about them.... i don't want to...

Minmay&Rem making a new universe.
the Kids on the SDF-3 having Glowy "Village of the damned" Eyes...
The SDF-3 Stealing the SDF-1's Fold engine....
Pertty much the Sentinels novelization.
The Novels set the SC as the weakest era, and the SC was run by Villains, Something not portrayed in the series at all.
and Thinking Caps... I'm Glad they dropped the Novels from the Canon Continuity
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Military is Full of Polotics... if Leonard is a Villan for Assigning bad Positions to peopel who dont support him, then every person in Governement today is a Villan as well.

Leonard is a Rabid Humanist, He's Focused on Defence of the Earth as any cost. The Cost of 10,000 Soilder to Protect a Planet of Several Billion (or at least Several hundred Million), I feel thats not a bad trade.

Thanks to Rabid... Ive scene the Sc portion of Robotech about 50 times.... The Master never Mention Peace, but the Do Launch a Attack. The Earth has every right to defend its self. The Masters enter Earths solar system, never attempt Communication, Blow up Satalites, Jamm communication... not somethign you do if you want a Peaceful outcome. if Someone comes in you house, points a gun at your head.. dosent say anything? you think they want to be your Friend... or Rape your Wife, kill you kids, and pee on your face.... I think the Latter.
Emmerson is an Idiot, he Realised it at the end.. right before he died.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

hmmm, There are very Few Offensive Manuvers you cna Pull in space... Flank Them? but Which Side it the frotn of the Hexagonal Mother Ship?
I agree Wasting Lives is a bad thing, but as both Leonard and Wolfe know, the Needs of the Many out weigh the needs of the few. a Soilder Job is to Protect the Innocent in any way possible, Leonard Orderd Spearhead Manuvers Against the Master in Attempts to break their Line and Take out as Many Ships as possible. How many Ships Did the Master bring to Earth... from the RPG it seams they brought 1, but it Looks more like 10-12. Loenard was doin the best job he could... if Hunter was there, he'd have Minmay sing a Song or 2... then watch as the Master Destroy the Earth. if Emmerson was Leading, he'd let the Master Get the Matrix and then Watch the Destroy the earth, or Enslave the Planet. I'd Rather go with Leonard's Ideas.

An Honest Re-write of Edwards would make him more Reasonable as a Character. get Rid of the Gloating, the Maniacal Laughter, and the Stupid Faceplate, You'd have a non-nonsense Officer who Cares about the Earth, but is Direct Opposite of the Hunters and there ever so Treasoness Ways.
Remember, Who Gave the Order to Launch the Neutron-S Missiles at the Earth... Rick Hunter, if they Suceeded, The REf would have been the Largest Mass Murders in history, next to the Zents.

I've Talked to Tommy in Robotech IRC chat, His Main concern for Robotech is Getting more Macross Era Merchandise out on the Market. When asked if they will ever do a Hovertank Super posable he said that the SC era has no following, the only Peopel who bought the SC era DVD's were peopel who were completeing there Robotech Collection, but most never open or wathc them. My Best advise for Tommy would be Watch the Serise, and Make Stories that Follow whats Shown on the Screen... not hold overs from the Mckinny/Comic Crap.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

I've never Read the Novels.. but from what i have heard about them.... i don't want to...

1 Minmay&Rem making a new universe.
2 the Kids on the SDF-3 having Glowy "Village of the damned" Eyes...
3 The SDF-3 Stealing the SDF-1's Fold engine....
Pertty much the Sentinels novelization.
4 The Novels set the SC as the weakest era, and the SC was run by Villains, Something not portrayed in the series at all.
and Thinking Caps... I'm Glad they dropped the Novels from the Canon Continuity

1 Minmay and Rem don't make a new universe. EoC is just that the beginning of the entire thing (where is the end of a circle? at its beginning). Their child is Zor.

2 The children are psychics changed (ala dune spice) by constant exposure to the protoculture (Dana didn't get that because SCs stuff is nuke).

3 SDF-3 didn't steal SDF-1's fold engine they found it. They ended up where the original fold engine unfolded.

4 What are you talking about they show the villany of the SC quite a bit in the series. The head General was a war monger and the military police are fascists. Don't give me any BS that most Generals and MPs are that way.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

2 The children are psychics changed (ala dune spice) by constant exposure to the protoculture (Dana didn't get that because SCs stuff is nuke)

Dana was half Zentraedi, that's why she wasn't affected. The fact that the children became psychics kinda makes some sense, the character Rand (from the invid invasion series) was having psychic dreams from just breathing in a small amount of spores.

So I guess that a constant exposure to protoculture would have a permanant effect.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

True...seen in a different light, Leonard and Edwards could be seen, not as stereotypical villians, but as people who didn't compromise on their beliefs, while Emerson can be seen as misguided, over-emotional, and the Hunters as traitors....

So then, in the right light, Armstrong Custer can be vindicated....

However, part of the fun of being an outside observer of the Southern Cross and the eventual apparent decline of the REF is the irony of things...
The Southern Cross, for all of its organization, suffers from the political infighting and bigotry inherited from the post-Rain politicos(who, of course, survived by virtue of having their own shelters while their constituents fried).....While fighting the caste-driven Rovbotech Masters, the ASC also faces conflict from within....especially conflict between various Armies(face it, the GMP, for all its good intentions, is, like a police department's Internal Affairs department, almost universely despised by the other Armies).
Leonard may have the leadership role and the power, and he may be right in not budging an inch on refusing to open negotiations with the Masters, but that doesn't make his Somme-style tactics any the more palletable or acceptable.

LIkewise, Edwards may be a product of the professional mercenary class that came of age in the increasingly intense brush wars that led up to the Global Civil War, but he is at heart out for himself....MOving from employer to employer, regardless of their agendas or poltical dogma, probably never gave him much of a sense of place...a particualr sense of homeland or patriotism aside from loyalty to the Nation of Me...He cooperates with the RDF because they recognize his skills in a time when such men are in short supply...he gravitates towards the powerbrokers because that's the way to survive ....POlitical dogma and rhetoric may variously call for 'distrusting the Westerners' or 'we all pull together in the name of unity', but the real movers and shakers know that having reliable hatchetmen on call is the way to get things accomplished quickly....Edwards sides with the ASC because, he knows their backers, who knows the sorts of men who initially were part of Leonard's private army, and because siding with them gives him the best chance of getting what he wants....power, security, and revenge on Fokker's legacy...And of course, once he ends up in de facto charge of the REF, he quickly changes plans to discount the ASC, because in his view, he no longer needs them...
Does Edwards have loyalty to Earth? NOt particularly...he'd like to take it over, certainly, but if surviving meant riding events out on Tirol, he would...Does he have a loyalty to Humanity, certainly, as long as there are people he can manipulate or who will pay him in whatever coin he demands for his services/protection..... It's been hinted that Edwards does ramp up the early REF shipbuilding program around Tirol, in part to give himself an invasion fleet to bully Earth...that same construction gives the REF fleets a headstart for the various expeditions (which, of course, get toasted)back to Earth against the Invid.
But against the eventual decision by the REF to use Neutron S missiles , is Edwards really a diabolical villian in the Dolza or Khyron mold, or is he a more self-centered villian? If he had succeeeded in taking over the REF by coup, would Edwards eventually have made the decision to gamma-wash Earth to prevent the Invid from ever threatening his own empire, or would he have ignored their threat (or perhaps tried to negotiate with them as he did with the Regent), while he secured his flanks against the Sentinels, until it was too late?
Certainly, the depiction of Edwards as a raving lunatic and disobediant bad boy in the ranks(even when he should have been cooperating with the HUnters' REF if only to gain their confidence while maneuvering to get behind them for the metaphorical killing blow) is a bit over the top...the case can be made for insanity induced by being at the Grand Cannon meltdown(brain damage or subsequent drug abuse or a combination of the two)...and as has been depicted in the novels in comics, one wonders how he could get away with such behavior without somebody rolling him out an airlock or arranging a fragging-style accident long before he could set his master plan into action....A new re-telling might do well to tone down the histrionics and show him to be a bit more savvy....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

(Dana didn't get that because SCs stuff is nuke).

Not Shown in the Series at all, the SC sure has a Lot of Space Ships with Fold engines, and Reflex weapons.
The Robotech Research Guide Lists Every SC Veritech as Using a Protoculture Fusion Drive... as well as every SC Bataloid with the Same Thing, Thou Far From Perfect the uRRg has a better Track record of Accuracy than the RPG has. (in regard to the CS mecha Specifically)

and he may be right in not budging an inch on refusing to open negotiations with the Masters,

I dont Remember the Master ever trying to Open the a Dialog when they Invaded Earth space, attacked the Space Stations and Landed Military Forces Lookin for the Nexus.

Zer0 Kay:

Where in the Serise are the GMP Facist... When the Lock Sean Philips in the Brig for molesting another Officer Daughter? Dana for goin awol... Man, by Those standers every Law enforcement is a Facist Force... They are Enforcing the Laws peopel break.
Yes, General do Give Crap assignments to People they dont like. my Grandfather was in Korea, and 2 great uncles were in Veitnam, When you Pissed of sumone up in Higher Ranks, you got a Crap assignment.
as I said in my Post
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

My facts were a bit off, but the stories from Mckinney still suck.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Meat Grinder Sure, but a Military Maneuver none the Less, The ACS was up against a Superior Force, with Technology a good 20-50 years ahead of the best ASC/REF Designs. It's a Simple damned if you do, damned it you don't problem. Fight and Defend your world but cost hundreds or Thousands of Lives, or Let the master Win, and Cost Millions of lives, and become Slaves or Experiment meat.

WAY of topic... but form HG's Shadow force page:

Robotech Shadow Force:
2044-??

With the unexpected Conclusion of the War with the Invid, and the People of Earth Finally Liberated and an expedition prepares to hunt for Admiral Hunter's Missing Fleet. However, Another Mystery unfolds that will test the limits of the Expeditionary Forces's Use of Shadow Technology...

(Still sounds Like a Bad news for the REF if the Vorlons find out they have Shadow tech)

They added the SDF-4 Izumo to the Size Comparison Chart... the Big boy is 1304M long over 400M tall, its a big boy Ship. Maybe a hit that the Izumo will be the ship the Serise is based on.

Unfortunatly is sounds as Scott may be returning in the Serise... Great... Thanks to Scott and crew, the invid could escape and Plague the Galaxiey again.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Did they say where it would be aired? Cartoon Network maybe?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:True...seen in a different light, Leonard and Edwards could be seen, not as stereotypical villians, but as people who didn't compromise on their beliefs, while Emerson can be seen as misguided, over-emotional, and the Hunters as traitors....

So then, in the right light, Armstrong Custer can be vindicated....

However, part of the fun of being an outside observer of the Southern Cross and the eventual apparent decline of the REF is the irony of things...
The Southern Cross, for all of its organization, suffers from the political infighting and bigotry inherited from the post-Rain politicos(who, of course, survived by virtue of having their own shelters while their constituents fried).....While fighting the caste-driven Rovbotech Masters, the ASC also faces conflict from within....especially conflict between various Armies(face it, the GMP, for all its good intentions, is, like a police department's Internal Affairs department, almost universely despised by the other Armies).
Leonard may have the leadership role and the power, and he may be right in not budging an inch on refusing to open negotiations with the Masters, but that doesn't make his Somme-style tactics any the more palletable or acceptable.

LIkewise, Edwards may be a product of the professional mercenary class that came of age in the increasingly intense brush wars that led up to the Global Civil War, but he is at heart out for himself....MOving from employer to employer, regardless of their agendas or poltical dogma, probably never gave him much of a sense of place...a particualr sense of homeland or patriotism aside from loyalty to the Nation of Me...He cooperates with the RDF because they recognize his skills in a time when such men are in short supply...he gravitates towards the powerbrokers because that's the way to survive ....POlitical dogma and rhetoric may variously call for 'distrusting the Westerners' or 'we all pull together in the name of unity', but the real movers and shakers know that having reliable hatchetmen on call is the way to get things accomplished quickly....Edwards sides with the ASC because, he knows their backers, who knows the sorts of men who initially were part of Leonard's private army, and because siding with them gives him the best chance of getting what he wants....power, security, and revenge on Fokker's legacy...And of course, once he ends up in de facto charge of the REF, he quickly changes plans to discount the ASC, because in his view, he no longer needs them...
Does Edwards have loyalty to Earth? NOt particularly...he'd like to take it over, certainly, but if surviving meant riding events out on Tirol, he would...Does he have a loyalty to Humanity, certainly, as long as there are people he can manipulate or who will pay him in whatever coin he demands for his services/protection..... It's been hinted that Edwards does ramp up the early REF shipbuilding program around Tirol, in part to give himself an invasion fleet to bully Earth...that same construction gives the REF fleets a headstart for the various expeditions (which, of course, get toasted)back to Earth against the Invid.
But against the eventual decision by the REF to use Neutron S missiles , is Edwards really a diabolical villian in the Dolza or Khyron mold, or is he a more self-centered villian? If he had succeeeded in taking over the REF by coup, would Edwards eventually have made the decision to gamma-wash Earth to prevent the Invid from ever threatening his own empire, or would he have ignored their threat (or perhaps tried to negotiate with them as he did with the Regent), while he secured his flanks against the Sentinels, until it was too late?
Certainly, the depiction of Edwards as a raving lunatic and disobediant bad boy in the ranks(even when he should have been cooperating with the HUnters' REF if only to gain their confidence while maneuvering to get behind them for the metaphorical killing blow) is a bit over the top...the case can be made for insanity induced by being at the Grand Cannon meltdown(brain damage or subsequent drug abuse or a combination of the two)...and as has been depicted in the novels in comics, one wonders how he could get away with such behavior without somebody rolling him out an airlock or arranging a fragging-style accident long before he could set his master plan into action....A new re-telling might do well to tone down the histrionics and show him to be a bit more savvy....

:shock: Wow that was insightful.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tetsuya wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:3 SDF-3 didn't steal SDF-1's fold engine they found it. They ended up where the original fold engine unfolded.

This is erroneous, the children did, in fact, reach out and steal the engines to the SDF-1. Ive read EotC several times, and it definitely intimates this. The REASON the engines of the SDF-1 vanished was *because* the children stole them.

Your supposition about the nature of the place where REM and Minmay ended up is also incorrect, unless you are trying to say that the child they have is going to live for several trillion years while life evolves on other planets. It is most definitley a new universe; in fact, Haydon says quite plainly that he wanted to explore a new universe - he engineered the Invide, uprooting them from their homeworld (Earth), to eventually do what he could not - pierce the barriers between unvierses.

:shock: I missed or don't remember that part. Guess I was wrong. So does that mean you did or did not like the book?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
(Dana didn't get that because SCs stuff is nuke).

Not Shown in the Series at all, the SC sure has a Lot of Space Ships with Fold engines, and Reflex weapons.
The Robotech Research Guide Lists Every SC Veritech as Using a Protoculture Fusion Drive... as well as every SC Bataloid with the Same Thing, Thou Far From Perfect the uRRg has a better Track record of Accuracy than the RPG has. (in regard to the CS mecha Specifically)

and he may be right in not budging an inch on refusing to open negotiations with the Masters,

I dont Remember the Master ever trying to Open the a Dialog when they Invaded Earth space, attacked the Space Stations and Landed Military Forces Lookin for the Nexus.

Zer0 Kay:

Where in the Serise are the GMP Facist... When the Lock Sean Philips in the Brig for molesting another Officer Daughter? Dana for goin awol... Man, by Those standers every Law enforcement is a Facist Force... They are Enforcing the Laws peopel break.
Yes, General do Give Crap assignments to People they dont like. my Grandfather was in Korea, and 2 great uncles were in Veitnam, When you Pissed of sumone up in Higher Ranks, you got a Crap assignment.
as I said in my Post
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

My facts were a bit off, but the stories from Mckinney still suck.

Dang if your gonna go there one could say the same about Carl Maceks compared to the original stories. However, the amount of creativity to go into either is more than most people have.

By the way where did the second quote about negotiating come from I didn't write that.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I'm bad with BBcode, the second quote was form sumone else, I just try to put all my responses in one post, as to not Artifically boost my post count.
it was From taalismn

Hystrix wrote:Did they say where it would be aired? Cartoon Network maybe?

No real news yet, HG has been Sitting on its hands so Long, no Network may pick it up. The New Serise was Origonaly Slated for Late 2003... Much Like Palladium Some things get Delayed, My Real hope is HG's new Serise will have as much Quality as a Delayed Palladium product.
(but i could See Sci-Fi or CN getting it)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:So um.. what anime series did Harmony Gold rape to jam into the Robotech serries this time?

Well, i dont remember any serise ever being Raped (unless you count the Sc portion, Which has had the most work done to it). 2 of the 3 Serise were Shown with very Little Alteration to the Animation. I Seriously doubt Macorss would have any Major US (or non-japan) Following if it wasnt for Waht Robotech did. (and i dont really see a Major Following for SDFSC or Mospeda here in the US... unless its a Small Nitch)

But back to you Question:

None, Lets say this together "Origonal Animation & New Story line".
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Early return, late return... The dates arent given in the serise. if they were there would be no debate. HG is still in charge of its serise, so if they said early return for years.... then decide to change there minds, they can. they own the product. its just a Debatbale point among Fans.
but... if they import M7 for RT:sf I dont think i'll buy or watch it... and many Macross fans won't either...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Well, one of the Things we all missed was the 2 things for Robotech in the 90's that never made it.

RT3K

and...

Robotech: Crystal dreams

i ofund a info page on CD
http://www.opusgames.com/games/rcd/rcd.html

Heres a Scan of the Cd Comic

http://www.opusgames.com/games/rcd/rcdcomic.html
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:So um.. what anime series did Harmony Gold rape to jam into the Robotech serries this time?

What? Sorry for the confusion. You aren't asking about Macross, SDA Southern Cross and MOSPEDA are you? Which is what I ment. The entirety of the Sentinels is completely original.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Colonel Wolfe wrote:I'm bad with BBcode, the second quote was form sumone else, I just try to put all my responses in one post, as to not Artifically boost my post count.
it was From taalismn

Hystrix wrote:Did they say where it would be aired? Cartoon Network maybe?

No real news yet, HG has been Sitting on its hands so Long, no Network may pick it up. The New Serise was Origonaly Slated for Late 2003... Much Like Palladium Some things get Delayed, My Real hope is HG's new Serise will have as much Quality as a Delayed Palladium product.
(but i could See Sci-Fi or CN getting it)

Ahha you just gave another reason not to put all your eggs in a single post. Who cares about post count anyway. Just because you have more doesn't mean that your better it just means you post more. Of course if you get 1000 in a month that may also mean you have no life or type very fast.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Well it looks like there's a name change again people... (As of October 14th)

We go from Robotech: Shadow Force, now it's Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

:lol:
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

if you Remember, the Peopel behind the Robotech:3000 were the same Folks that Did Babylon 5.... i know Shadoe force (Cronicles) is a Refrence to Shadow Tech... but Maybe their Gonna Mixx it with Some B-5 and have them Face the Shadows.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Now they Changed the Serise Descriptor as well... from

Robotech Shadow Force:
2044-??

With the unexpected Conclusion of the War with the Invid, and the People of Earth Finally Liberated and an expedition prepares to hunt for Admiral Hunter's Missing Fleet. However, Another Mystery unfolds that will test the limits of the Expeditionary Forces's Use of Shadow Technology...

to somethign that sums up the last 40 or so episodes of the serise:

Robotech Shadow Cronicles:
2044-??

Weary from constant battle with the Robotech Masters the United Earth forces eventually fall to the invid invasion. Lt. Cmdr Scott Bernard Leads a tight-knit team of Freedom Fighters to the Invid Located at Reflex point. There Greatest hope for Liberating the Earth Lies in the Return of Admril hunters Expeditionary Fleet....

Once Agains Congrats to HG for Re-hashing old news... not bad enough you do ti with the comics... but you Also use it as a Trailer for your new serise... Make up a mind on the Name... Good Job Tommy!!!!!

Robotech.com wrote:Q: Robotech ... The Shadow Chronicles? Wasn't there an early announcement of something called Shadow Force at AnimeExpo?
- Aragonvaar
A: Though the feature-length pilot of the new sequel was indeed announced as Robotech: Shadow Force, the growing scope of the project led to titling the overall story arc as Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

The initial release date is scheduled for 2005 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Robotech.

- Tommy Yune

"Pitch Black 2: the Cronicles of Ridick"
Robotech 2: the Cronicles of Shadow
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Now they Changed the Serise Descriptor as well... from

Robotech Shadow Force:
2044-??

to somethign that sums up the last 40 or so episodes of the serise:

Robotech Shadow Cronicles:
2044-??

Weary from constant battle with the Robotech Masters the United Earth forces eventually fall to the invid invasion. Lt. Cmdr Scott Bernard Leads a tight-knit team of Freedom Fighters to the Invid Located at Reflex point. There Greatest hope for Liberating the Earth Lies in the Return of Admril hunters Expeditionary Fleet....

Once Agains Congrats to HG for Re-hashing old news... not bad enough you do ti with the comics... but you Also use it as a Trailer for your new serise... Make up a mind on the Name... Good Job Tommy!!!!!

Robotech.com wrote:Q: Robotech ... The Shadow Chronicles? Wasn't there an early announcement of something called Shadow Force at AnimeExpo?
- Aragonvaar
A: Though the feature-length pilot of the new sequel was indeed announced as Robotech: Shadow Force, the growing scope of the project led to titling the overall story arc as Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

The initial release date is scheduled for 2005 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Robotech.

- Tommy Yune

"Pitch Black 2: the Cronicles of Ridick"
Robotech 2: the Cronicles of Shadow

Well guess what gang.... checking RT.com again, there back to the first description of Shadow Force/The Shadow Chronicles... whatever. Somebody should make up their minds there...
:-?
— Oscar Wilde
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I Think Tommy will Swith it about 50 more times.. til its nto about post new gen stuff.. but a Macross Rehash with new animation... Robotech: The "Little White Dragon" Cronicles
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Please do. I'd like to see just how exciting the "real Life" drama of Minmay making several movies...

Robotech: LWD Cronicles
A Personal Drama/Reality serise about a Strugling Young Actress. Her Love Life, Her Drug Addiction, Her Incestious Lust for her First cousin.

OR...

Survivor: Robotech
12 Peopel, 4 form each serise, put on a Run donw Zent Cruiser... how will they live... and who will survuve the hiddne threats of Survivor: Nupetiet Vergnitzs.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

The way I hear it, Shadow Force will be the 90-minute OVA released sometime next year, and Shadow Chronicles will be the show that follows said OVA.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Please do. I'd like to see just how exciting the "real Life" drama of Minmay making several movies...

Robotech: LWD Cronicles
Survivor: Robotech

How about ...
Robotech: Idol's Revenge

Zentraedi-hybrid clone of idol-singer Minmei comes back commanding a force of disgruntled bloodthirsty idol-singer wanna-bees out for revenge on an unappreciative world....How you like a taste of your own medicine, Micronian sirens!?

Or ...

Micronianville...

A before TOS look at the lives of Robotech characters before they were great, where we learn disturbing revelations about how Rick HUnter is really responsible for Commander Leonard's early hair loss, Professor Lang's 'other' jobs before the post-Visitor defense build-up put him on the gravy-train of funding, Lisa Hayes' arrest record in military school, and what Karl Riber was REALLY doing on Mars....all revealed within the convenient microcosm of a small twon in middle America....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Robotech Shadow force/Cronicles Footage:

http://www.shadowchroniclesnews.com/shadowchronanimatic.wmv

not exactly the best preview.... but looks like the SDF-4/Izumo going at it with a few Clam Carriers filled with Armored Scouts...

unless Tommy Yunn thinks the Invid are a new enemy... I hope this is some kinda Flashback footage..
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

Could be a new and improved Invid menace. But more than likely Colonel you're right, probably just a flashback for all of us RT fans with short memories.

Well if this is as far as Shadow Force has got then it'll probably be LATE 2005 or even early 2006 before we see it on the shelves.

CGI did look promising though.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I know I will get the caning smiley, but I really hope that the new RT is not CGI. I mean it is nice and all a sort of let's see what cool stuff we can do, but really, I think CGI ruined what could have been a good TF series in Beast Wars.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Janus wrote:I know I will get the caning smiley, but I really hope that the new RT is not CGI. I mean it is nice and all a sort of let's see what cool stuff we can do, but really, I think CGI ruined what could have been a good TF series in Beast Wars.

the new Show will be like the Majority of "4th" Gen anime as they call it... 70% Cell animation, 30% CGI.
Also Compare the CGI tech from Beast Wars.. almost 10 years ago, to the Stuff Possible today.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Well, Janus, you had successfully eluded the caning until you dissed Beast Wars. :thwak:

Nevertheless, the previous planned Robotech sequal (Robotech 3000) would have been in low quality CG, and yes, that would have sucked.

not Really, Netter Digital was doing it, they were the best at the Time... but with the Death of B-5 they kinda went bankrupt...
Robotech 3K was the only Sequal done by Harmony Gold that didnt change the Show as it was Aired... Making event not make Sense... 3K would have just Ignored the Show completly...
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Ow make the caning stop.

As long as the majority of the show is animation and only 30 is CGI, I will adjust and live with it. I needs me some new Robotech!
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

So we'll be looking at something like Vandread then?

Mostly digital cell animation but changing to CGI for the mecha combat?

And Janus, don't diss Beast Wars. :thwak:

You can diss Beast Machines but not the Wars.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Angryjack wrote:I keep thinking Harmony gold is just porting over Macross Zero...

I hope not, since I disliked Macross Zero. Good eyecandy, but I didn't enjoy the story, characters, or the music.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Angryjack wrote:I keep thinking Harmony gold is just porting over Macross Zero...

yeah... i did note alot of Alpha's, Betas and Invid in Macross Zero... as well as the SDF-4.... I coud definatly See Mac-0 becoeming the new Robotech Shadow Force... the VF-0 is only 56ish feet... plenty big enough to be slaughtred by inivd...
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Sabre 1 wrote:So we'll be looking at something like Vandread then?

Mostly digital cell animation but changing to CGI for the mecha combat?

And Janus, don't diss Beast Wars. :thwak:

You can diss Beast Machines but not the Wars.

Ow, ow, ow. make the caning stop. I liked the story, I did not like the full CGI. Just an animation preference is all.

If they do it like Vandred (which is totally col btw) then I would have problems with it. I blame Lucas for my dislike of CGI (I keep expecting to see Jar- Jar).

Beast Machines was very lame.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Doubt it as there is only 5 episodes to Macross Zero.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Unread post by Guest »

I don't know how on topic this is after 3 pages...

but...AWESOME!

I loved the whole original robotech mythos and used to spend hours and hours wrapped up in it.

shame palladium probably won't be getting the license to bookify the new series.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”