Missing BME starting gear

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcethus
Champion

Missing BME starting gear

Unread post by Marcethus »

Well I was flipping through my Sentinels book when i noticed that the BME is missing their starting gear they have authorized on assignment but nothing about standard starting gear. Anyone know where I can find it? or post it in this thread? Oh and I am kinda wondering what other's think and how they deal with the limit that the BME can't pilot any mecha whatsoever?
Hystrix
Champion

Re: Missing BME starting gear

Unread post by Hystrix »

Marcethus wrote:Oh and I am kinda wondering what other's think and how they deal with the limit that the BME can't pilot any mecha whatsoever?

'Cause they are techs, not pilots...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

Hystrix wrote:'Cause they are techs, not pilots...

I have to agree....

But I think the GM can rule that, after some competent training, enough time, clearance and such, eventually that BME can pilot 1 mecha....
*OMNIA MUTANTUR*
-Hav0k-
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Hav0k wrote:
Hystrix wrote:'Cause they are techs, not pilots...

I have to agree....

But I think the GM can rule that, after some competent training, enough time, clearance and such, eventually that BME can pilot 1 mecha....

True, it is Robotech, after all. However, I would say that most BME cannot pilot Mecha...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Marcethus wrote:Well I was flipping through my Sentinels book when i noticed that the BME is missing their starting gear they have authorized on assignment but nothing about standard starting gear. Anyone know where I can find it? or post it in this thread? Oh and I am kinda wondering what other's think and how they deal with the limit that the BME can't pilot any mecha whatsoever?

Maybe someone else can confirm or correct this, but I seem to recall that the version in Invid Invasion had starting gear very similar to what the Communications Engineer gets, just with better tools (then again I just might be imagining things...).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I understand that the BME's primary focus is repairing the mecha but even the damned comunication engineer and field scientist can pilots certain ones at a basic level. In the book it says that RDF High Command feels that given the BME's knowledge and skill at repairing mecha they didn't want a disgruntled BME stealing a mecha and being able to pilot it and sell their skills on the black market. How would this make YOU feel if you were a BME? Your own high command doesn't trust you to pilot a mecha just because they feel it's a security risk??? Hell a com engineer and field scientist could be just as much of a sec risk. Especially seeing as how the scientist deals with alien artifacts quite often. I know that if I was a BME the fact that if i wanted to learn how to pilot a mech and I was banned from doing so by the High command would make me a disgruntled soldier, but if I had the option available even if i didn't want to learn I would feel better. Even if I didn't want to learn, I would be annoyed to know that i couldn't even if i wanted to.
MOrab46019
Wanderer

Unread post by MOrab46019 »

Just think the RDF Mechanical Engineers that joined up the REF could be used as pilots with a +10% to piloting Destroids. While the BME would have to sit back await for damage equipment to come back. I really do think the REF would have left most of the repair workers behine. I think they would be a bit ticked that they couldn't pilot even a old destroid.
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Maybe someone else can confirm or correct this, but I seem to recall that the version in Invid Invasion had starting gear very similar to what the Communications Engineer gets, just with better tools (then again I just might be imagining things...).

No, it is quite different...

From the Invid Invasion book

Equipment for BME: non-combat vehicle: land rover, dune buggy, van. Mini-tool pack, portable tool box, welding equ., protective goggles, jumpsuit, Geiger counter, gloves, air filters, utility belt, backpack, canteen and other survival items. Choice of weapons, a suit of cyclone body armor and wrist radio
*OMNIA MUTANTUR*
-Hav0k-
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Okay, so only the vehicle and some of the miscellaneous stuff was similar (never owned Invid Invasion, just borrowed it a few times *weep*).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”