More rules questions...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hav0k
Wanderer

More rules questions...

Unread post by Hav0k »

Ok, here are more of those "hey-I-wonder-about-this-rule" questions... :D

1. A rule about "4 to strike at close range, 8 to strike at long range" appeared in Conversion Book one (the first one, I don't have the new version). I assume that:
- It applies to Robotech (since in this book, Robotech is mentioned everywhere)
- It applies only to personal (non-mecha) combat since it is mentioned in the "High Tech Weapons".

Questions are: Anyone uses this particular rule? (in Robotech or Rifts) Does it apply to Robot/PA/Mecha combat too?

2. We all remember a little paragraph in Robotech books (and Rifts too) about "Close Range combat for mecha combat", where it is stated that a +1 applies when mechas are fighting in close range.

Anyone actually uses this rule too?

3. (I know this may be an old issue, but I am just asking).
It is clearly stated in all books that a 1-4 roll to strike *after bonuses* misses (personal or mecha combat).

Anyone uses a house rule like "natural 1-4 roll to strike misses"? (since with all those bonuses it is quite difficult to miss). Is it worth? (I mean, does it change anything?)
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I have never used any rules from any source other than robotech so the Conversion Book is optional, if you want to use it use it if not do not. As for the 1-4 missing we have always used a 5 or less misses. I know a five hits MD items, but that is something we have always used regardles of system. Ones were also a critcial fumble but we will not go there as noone wants to be done in by the bad guy because they tripped on an invisible turtle.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”